Toomanygames Convention August 26th

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
http://www.toomanygames.com/

Had a great time at the most recent one. There was quite a few deals out there.
16-bit had a table again and he was a top notch seller as usual (tell me you'll be there again my friend :) ).

As I said in the past, this is what the ECGXPO has morphed into, if you've been to
that, you'll know it is a pretty good time and the entrance fees are pretty fair.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I might go........

This time...

Is this the one ir Reading?

I'm to lazy to clik the link right now...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I might go........

This time...

Is this the one ir Reading?

I'm to lazy to clik the link right now...

Yes it is the one in Reading :mr_t: I have to work that weekend, but you're welcome to stay over Saturday night (I am planning on taking Sunday off as it is.)
and I'm going to try to leave early on Saturday. This invitation includes Jon from Ohio too, I'm trying to organize some tournaments with Stefan there too possibly.

John T. Ralfakick

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Haven't bumped this up in a while. Just making people aware. I may have some more info in the future.

John T. Ralfakick

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I will be there. Tribit, contact me if you're up for meeting up before the event.

Jon

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I've got 4 tables booked for the event. I'm skipping my cousin's wedding to attend because I just have to be 5 for 5 for Chuck's shows. Good times!

Carlson

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
That looks interesting if i miss out on the otakon maybe i'll try that convention instead.

Anime conventions as of late are starting to me wear me out...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
With Otakon, I don't know if I'll have the cash to make it.

The thing I loved the most about Philly Classic was the amount of used games to buy. This just looks like that without the bigger dealers and no arcade games, which is fine with me because I'll just go to Hershey Park's arcade for my fix (Pray to God it's still there!)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well i've made my mind up otakon out toomanygames in for me next month.

S

stacey

I've been toying with the idea of taking my Neo Candy 29 to the show to set up for free play. The problem is that weekend is a killer work wise. It would be a shame to miss it since I live so close.

Anyone ever take one of their cabs to an event like this? Good or bad idea?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
stacey said:
I've been toying with the idea of taking my Neo Candy 29 to the show to set up for free play. The problem is that weekend is a killer work wise. It would be a shame to miss it since I live so close.

I don't own a cab so, I can't help you there. But, I can tell you that if this gathering is anything like the last one, they will have some arcade cabs on free play there in a separate area. If there's room, and if you're willing to pay the (possible) fee to have it there, I wouldn't see the problem bringing it.

Ralfakick and I should have our own table with a supergun and some arcade games there, as well. I'll be bringing my 2 slot along, so maybe you could just bring some games? Or, maybe Tribit might bring a few from his large collection of MVS games?

Regardless of that, I'm sure a lot of the other participants would certainly appreciate seeing a Neo candy there, just the same.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
stacey said:

Well, I'd contact the people who run the show and see what they say as far as bringing it.

The show has had plenty of arcade games in the past especially some neo action, but they did not have any arcade games at the last one in May.

I can say as I have stated in the past this is a nice show to go to and doesn't feel overblown like the vgexpo (still may go to it though)

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bump, it's right around the corner.

I actually went to the challenge arcade that I had posted about over the weekend and my girlfriend and I had a blast.

It feels like you're back in 1989 with all the classic cabinets that it has to offer along with some neo/capcom action, and some konami rhythm games (para para, dance dance, and beatmania), and guitar hero II.

muffinman943

Banned
Check out pinball Parlour, which is in the area as well. Guy has hundreds of machines, all within his home set on freeplay. Hourly rate is like 6 dollars or something.

I will def. be at Toomanygames.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm getting stoked for the 26th now, too. It sounds like there will be quite a few people from here coming. Should be really fun.

Hey, Tribit. Have you got us a table yet? I'll be giving you a call here in a few days but, I just want to make sure that is out of the way. I think there are 5-6 tables left so, you make want to take care of that now, if you haven't done it already.

Also, Stefan wants me to bring like 5 systems and a bunch of games. I should have my 2 superguns there, PC-FX, PC Engine SuperGrafx w/SuperCDROM2 unit, Sega Master System, consolized Atomiswave...think that's about all I'll bring. I'm going to try to have a rotation going on about every hour we're there...so everything actually gets played this time.

For those that don't know who we look like (I'm referring to Ralfakick, Stefan, and myself), we'll try to make ourselves known somehow so we can have a true Neo gettogether this time. From what I hear though, Stefan pretty much knows everyone around that area of the US (!!!) so, I guess just look for him.:)

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Just an FYI to everyone interested in the event. Stefan, Jon, and myself are going to some high score gaming tournaments. More info will follow soon.

John T. Ralfakick

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
YuckMud said:
I'll just go to Hershey Park's arcade for my fix (Pray to God it's still there!)

That is by far one of the more impressive arcades I've been too. The Dave and Busters in Philly can't hold a flame to it.

I plan on going to Toomanygames. I'd like to meet some other neo fiends. If you're there just try to make it obvious who you are. occasionally shout "no roms" or start giving capcom lovers shit and i'll come over and say "what's up".

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, they haven't listed where we'll be at on their website yet. But, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one we'll be at (there are only four green tables that aren't marked in the photo).

It's starting to sound like we may have 3-4 TV's at our table. Which reminds me: should I bring mine this time or not? We need to get together as far as the logistics of this thing goes. Bear in mind though, if I don't bring my TV, I'll need one with component and svideo ins to accomodate all the stuff Stefan wants me to bring.

Tribit, try to get in touch with me in the next couple days. Stefan, too.. I need Stuart's number.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
*Updated*Toomanygames Aug 26 Reading,PA

Tournament/high score competitions, games will be announced soon! Along with more details. Remember this is in Reading PA folks.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
muffinman943 said:
Check out pinball Parlour, which is in the area as well. Guy has hundreds of machines, all within his home set on freeplay. Hourly rate is like 6 dollars or something.

I will def. be at Toomanygames.

They got a nice selection of Pins. How are they maintained? I love going to 8 on the Break in New Jersey (In fact, I'm going this Sunday) because they keep a good rotation of pins and their always in top shape.

The arcade at Hershey Park is awesome, but they have been getting rid of games from when last I remembered going. They had some pins, and only had a shitty Monopoly. But if it's classics you want, take a drive up to New Hampshire and go to FunSpot. For classic arcade games, they can't be beat.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
They got a nice selection of Pins. How are they maintained? I love going to 8 on the Break in New Jersey (In fact, I'm going this Sunday) because they keep a good rotation of pins and their always in top shape.

The arcade at Hershey Park is awesome, but they have been getting rid of games from when last I remembered going. They had some pins, and only had a shitty Monopoly. But if it's classics you want, take a drive up to New Hampshire and go to FunSpot. For classic arcade games, they can't be beat.

I'm telling ya the Challenge Arcade near Reading is a good one for classic games.
http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/locations/ca/index.htm

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Ralfakick said:
I'm telling ya the Challenge Arcade near Reading is a good one for classic games.
http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/locations/ca/index.htm

Cool stuff. I met the guy that runs that site. Mark Alpiger is his name. The guy is awesome in person and a monster on Crystal Castles. Him and his friends have the high score on the game.

He's got this old bike glove that he's used since the 80's to play all the trackball games like Crystal Castles and Marble Madness, he's crazy to watch.