trip to china town fair (NYC) notes

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
like i had said in a thread before. I would be going to NYC, actually i am still there.

anyway, i decided to check out whetheer the kof 2k2 players were good or not. i defeated 1 or 2, but the other guys weren't that good.

we usually went to the 5th round and shit but i lost. Im pretty sure its attributed to the fact that they have more vs experience. but its all good.

nevertheless i was dissappointed at some level, i can't beat my friend to the 1st character. and i managed to get to the 5th round regularly with these guys.

nevertheless it was fun, i finally manged to play ngbc. awesome game, very interesting, ironically i don't see a sequel.

when i saw ngbc i was hoping to see kof xi, but it wasn't there. its all good

i saw some awesome mvc 2 matches, really awesome, remindsme of my trip to vegas. i saw a couple of cvs 2 matches, but didn't pay much attention.

howeveer, what did surprise me were the kof 98 players, those guys really were good compared to others i've seen. i was surprised by this.

overall awesome trip, im at a cafe. ill be leaving in a couple of hours to my hotel.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I think the lack of competition for KOF2k2 can be blamed on the lack of interest in it in general... being secreted on the very end of Chinatown Fair doesn't help. KOF98 is like, in the very front with KOF99, and I have a blast just learning how to play a better game by watching the competition.

Neoray

New Challenger
What no pics?

Checkout TimesSquare's Port Authority on the second floor were they have a small arcade (Leisure Time Bowling), bowling alley and a bar to get shitfaced and if you got a ride go to Nathan's in yonkers located at (Centrel Park ave/Crisfield St), lots of arcades at that place.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Neoray said:
What no pics?

Checkout TimesSquare's Port Authority on the second floor were they have a small arcade (Leisure Time Bowling), bowling alley and a bar to get shitfaced and if you got a ride go to Nathan's in yonkers located at (Centrel Park ave/Crisfield St), lots of arcades at that place.

Whoa, I get off the shuttle bus from Mitsuwa all the time at the port authority and I never knew there was a bowling alley on the second floor. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to go check it out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bokmeow is right. 2002 gets no love from the players there, but then people crowd the Kof 98 and 99 machines...

MAYBE 2002
does
suck

as I always claim, to the ire of fanbois.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Having played 2k2 a lot.

All i can say about 98 is the limitations it has to do some combos. It's a great game don't get me wrong.

I didn't check out the one by port authority. I don't know if it would have some competition on 2k2, which is what i was mainly looking for.

Awesome trip nonetheless.