Trump makes Juneteenth “very famous”

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah but probably not how he thinks he made it famous. :thevt:

If he gets reelected I lose all faith in humanity.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I mean, he's not wrong. It's just that drawing attention to something doesn't always happen for the right reasons.

If you guys think Juneteenth was a big deal before Trump scheduled a rally (in Tulsa no less) you're quite simply, full of shit.

For example, I went to nbcnews.com and searched "Juneteenth", first 60 results, two from 2016, one from 2019, 57 from June 2020.

When you play into his bluster you're just confirming its effectiveness.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I mean, it’s not a big deal, just the drivel that comes out of his mouth.

Wonder what’s gonna happen tonight?

Seems like not much.

Looked fairly empty, 19,200 capacity I think I've read. Didn't even look 1/3 full.
I just saw a panoramic, the game floor is semi packed. Still can't imagine that's even 10,000 people. Couple dozen people outside.....maybe.

Looked like magnitudes more of protesters.

Coronaviruspalooza does not appear to be a sucess.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So now white people know about juneteenth.

White people will ruin it just like they do everything else they co-opt.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So now white people know about juneteenth.

First time I heard of it was this year.

The big money corporations already put out some pretty hollow celebrations of Juneteenth. Pretty fucking embarrassing.

Maybe we should make the day the 13th amendment passed a federal holiday.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
First time I heard of it was this year.

The big money corporations already put out some pretty hollow celebrations of Juneteenth. Pretty fucking embarrassing.

Maybe we should make the day the 13th amendment passed a federal holiday.

I'm excited for hallmark's new line of Juneteenth cards, which you should buy for every black person you know.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm excited for hallmark's new line of Juneteenth cards, which you should buy for every black person you know.

What if they're passing? Do I get them a card? Is that like wishing your closeted friend a happy pride month?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I think everyone should back a national holiday for juneteenth from this day forward. If anything America could use more paid holidays and day offs.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think everyone should back a national holiday for juneteenth from this day forward. If anything America could use more paid holidays and day offs.

but the 19th of June doesn't always fall on a weekday. Can we make juneteenth the friday in the 3rd week of June?

Marek

Banned

Yeah but if we're going to add one and have to choose it should be election day for fucking sure.

Make it be something that black people can really use, right?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah but if we're going to add one and have to choose it should be election day for fucking sure.

That’s a good point. But we shouldn’t even have “polling stations” manned by humans. We should tie in voting with the submission of 1040 tax forms. Don’t need to pay tax? Still submit the form. Everyone should be declaring what they owe or don’t owe. And we should have tax submissions 100 electronic and without the need for CPAs, no matter what kind of assets and debts you carry.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Enough with the self hate. It helps nothing. People like you who constantly reinforce racial divides as if separation is some lofty goal rather than something we should be fighting to put behind us come off as so fucking ignorant and tone deaf.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Low income workers don’t get holidays off.