Trying to find a jamma cab...

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
....but aint gonna happen localy as it seems so i stumbled upon this French seller that will have stock soon and also does some restoration before delivery.

http://akedo.fr/arcade-nord/japonaises

What do you think of the prices?I am completely in the dark as this is gonna be my first attempt to buy a cab...

Also blast city,astro city or net city??:scratch:

Thank you for your time !

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
If you are a member of ArcadeOtaku, I'd ask over there if anyone has dealt with them directly. Unless a EU member here has and can chime in.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I deal with Akedo for my 3 New Astro City, they are serious and I'm very happy with my cabs.
You just have to be clear in what you exactly want.
The Akedo team has been very serious with me.

Their prices are really fair.
Before buying don't forget to quote for the shipping price (I don't know if they send cabs to other countries).

About the choice of the cab all depend of the games you want to play on it.
One of the biggest difference between all these cabs is the frequency they support. There are 15Khz, 24Khz (only very few old games use 24Khz) and 31Khz games.

The New Astro City is perfect if you want to play "old" games and classical systems like MVS, CPS2, CPS3, Taito F3, Cave games, PCB...
This is a great cab with nanao ms9 chassi and Toshiba screen.

If you want to play to more recent systems maybe you will need a cab that can support 31Khz, some systems are using 31Khz like NAOMI, Taito Type X, Namco System 246/256...
(these systems can output 15Khz and 31Khz but the most recents arcade systems and games are only using 31Khz like Taito Type X2)
Blast City and New Net City cabs are supporting 15,24 and 31Khz.

Tell us which games you want to play and we can see more in details what you exactly need.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Thank you guys...

I think i want to start with old-classic games + Mvs so i am gonna try the new astro city first ..!
The shipping cost is rather steep so i got to give it some thought.

@eathis

They told me that they do some restoration before delivering the cab.
Since you have already bought 3 from them , can you tell me in which cosmetic condition did you receive them?
I am a bit weird with scratches,yellowing,damage etc...so do they fix all that with their basic restoration?

Last edited:

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
New Astro City is a good choice to play classical jamma games.

All depends of what they received.
The best thing to do is directly ask them for pictures.

I ask for 100% as orignal cabs so with original panels and so they are not new but they also do new panels, just ask them.
On my cabs they made a big work on chassis, they did a complete capkit on the 3 cabs.
So they change all capasitor (condenser, not sure how it's called in US) and clean the chassis.

About general aspect, they don't paint the cabs maybe if you ask them but I don't think this is a good idea.
If the general aspect is good, don't need to repaint it I think.
If you only repaint some part the color will certainly be different of the original so it can be a disappointement to have different colors on your cabs.
And if you repaint everything you will have to change the stickers, personnally I prefer to keep original stickers.
The best thing to do is to talk with them and be very clear about what you want.

When you buy a cab you have to be aware that this is old stuff, certain cabs have 20years old.
So this is normal if your cab got some light scratches and some yellow parts, one more time ask for pictures before buying.

Don't forget that the most important things in a cab are chassis and screen.