ttooddddyy -- witchcraft, a woman burned alive...whats going on???

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/01/08/png.witchcraft/index.html

Alright, let's hear the story from someone that is in the country...but, comeon, burned alive after being accused of WITCHCRAFT???

Just be ready to explain your magical 6' tall boxes with wands and medallions that let you control the faries that live inside.

"No, I swear, it's not a magic box...it's a neo geoooooo" ttooddddyy screamed as the torches lit the tires beneath him.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Reminds me of a guest pastor at Gov. Palin's former church.

My guess is that AIDS is a pretty bad thing for PNG... Since the tribes also practice cannibalism.

aria

Former Moderator
Heh, I was thinking of posting it too after I read it this morning... the pregnant women who gave birth while tied to a tree was pretty crazy.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
We used to dunk them around these parts. The most popular (and historical) witch dunking area here in VA Beach has a street that leads up to it called Witchduck Rd.

I prefer setting them on fire and throwing them off a cliff -- much more visual.

In Japan, they just touch them.

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
thats pretty depressing shit...

whats next... someones going to get accused of being el chubacabre?! MANWOLF?! SATAN HIMSELF?!?!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Sorry, I missed this old thread.

Yes it is common here, like voodoo in the West Indies. In the Highlands if someone is suspected of sorcery they usually get hacked to pieces.

The worst part is that often the police do not get involved so the murderers get away with it.

aria

Former Moderator
The cooler answer would've been:

"Over here, we call it a Thursday."

[EDIT: yes it was a reference to this.]

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Heard that there was plenty of voodoo related lynching going around in Haiti in regards to the earthquake as well.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I was wondering if any members here have visited Papua New Guinea ?

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member

No.... and now I am glad. What the fuck are you guys doing over there? The closest I'll get to going to PNG is Future Sound of London.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Of what religion are the people doing these witch burnings ?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
They didn't even give her a fighting chance by seeing whether she sank or float in water…

aria

Former Moderator

I really wanted to, especially after I found out how cheap it was to use Virgin Blue out of Brisbane when I was in Oz last year. Alas, I couldn't convince my companions.

I would've tried to contact you, so we could roll down the streets of Port Moresby, stereo blasting this. [yes, I'm serious]

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Of what religion are the people doing these witch burnings ?

It is like a medieval cult thing, based on superstition. As I mentioned earlier a bit like Caribbean voodoo, I’m sure the same thing goes on in some African countries.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
No.... and now I am glad. What the fuck are you guys doing over there? .

You could call it Asia/ Pacific studies, Solomon Isles. New Caladonia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Indonesia are all close.
Not to mention Australia and New Zealand. It is a good staging post if one is interested in this region. The world is not America