Ultimate Joystick

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I wouldn't bother, overpriced and I heard the build quality is terrible, plus it uses horrible US sticks.

Get ecksnine here to make you up a custom stick, it'd probably be around the same price and be a hell of a lot nicer.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Go custom or just get the O.G Neo Sticks, the only gripe I have with those though is that the buttons feel a bit cheap, but you can always swap them out for some Sanwa's.

Clicky

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Go custom or just get the O.G Neo Sticks, the only gripe I have with those though is that the buttons feel a bit cheap, but you can always swap them out for some Sanwa's.

Clicky

I support this as well. The mod isn't too hard and you'll save yourself quite a bit of money.

Malone

n00b
I wouldn't bother, overpriced and I heard the build quality is terrible, plus it uses horrible US sticks.

Get ecksnine here to make you up a custom stick, it'd probably be around the same price and be a hell of a lot nicer.

Thanks Kernow, I've just been checking out ecksnine custom sticks they look awesome!!! Guess ill join the waiting list!

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Kerns right I had too of these with the auto trigger / switch option
& for the same price. Basically its chipboard with big ass tell tale staples.

Don't feel too comfortable on the knees either..
Hell I've had fat ass leg breaker babes feel better.

Yeap hit X9 up, he'll walk you thru what your requirments are
and ship it to the UK.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You want a great stick, better be prepared to spend 200 bucks and try and study the differences between the parts in order to choose what works for you best.

Lots of olks here diss US parts, to be honest their intentions are good but they have a biased opinion about things, it always ends as a matter of prefference nothing more. US parts and Jap parts all have their ups and downs, I like both, I'm a sucker for having both experiences, that's just teh way I am but in your case you want to choose what's best for you.

See if you can go around and play some cabs or see if some locals are willing to help you with a concrete decision. Parts are cheap it's the cases that are not, so maybe you could have two cases made buy a set of US parts and a set of Jap parts then make your decision and proceedto sell the leftovers in order to buy more parts of the chosen ones, then you'll have a kick ass two player set up.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
I may consider spending that much for a stick if it was well built. Until that time, I think I will stick to my classic AES joystick.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
That Looks like a MAS stick.

My mas sticks are great and i've never hard any issues with them. Then again I got them for about $20 a piece so thats kind of expensive.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That Looks like a MAS stick.

Looks like but isin't.

I have two and am overall...pleased.

When they arrived, I had to reseat the buttons & wipe off some glue residue. The workmanship quality was poor and the sticks felt rushed.

You are better off getting sticks from ecksnine, he at least cares about the Neo.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Looks like but isin't.

I have two and am overall...pleased.

When they arrived, I had to reseat the buttons & wipe off some glue residue. The workmanship quality was poor and the sticks felt rushed.

You are better off getting sticks from ecksnine, he at least cares about the Neo.

Wow what a rip off then..

You can get the MAS Sticks here for $100 anyways

http://www.massystems.com/ProStick.html

I like the MAS Sticks. Use them for all my systems and they have always been responsive and work very well.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Really? Bulletproof? If I had the courage and the open space, I would test that claim.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Really? Bulletproof? If I had the courage and the open space, I would test that claim.

Unless rust takes over...a Neo Hori Stick will last forever...the stick and buttons may need to be swapped, but it's built like a tank.

T.L.O

n00b
Hi I'm new here, interesting thread :)

I own this sanwa custom ps2 stick. Had a friend helping me building it, I'm not the soldering kind of type.. anyway I use it for a lot of my retro consoles, bought a bunch of classic joyPAD converters from the tototek store, and they work quite fine with the stick.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/ThorLeonOne/Console Stuff/BearkingTLO_custom_stick_net.jpg

I would recommend getting a Hori fighting stick Neo for you MVS, it should do the job! If you have the chance of getting the stick and buttons swapped/modded with sanwa parts, it would be even better IMO

Last edited:

Malone

n00b
Hi I'm new here, interesting thread :)

I own this sanwa custom ps2 stick. Had a friend helping me building it, I'm not the soldering kind of type.. anyway I use it for a lot of my retro consoles, bought a bunch of classic joyPAD converters from the tototek store, and they work quite fine with the stick.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/ThorLeonOne/Console Stuff/BearkingTLO_custom_stick_net.jpg

I would recommend getting a Hori fighting stick Neo for you MVS, it should do the job! If you have the chance of getting the stick and buttons swapped/modded with sanwa parts, it would be even better IMO

Wow that custom stick looks sick!! I have got x9 building me one atm cant wait to get it!! :drool: