Ultimate Warrior Dead days after Wrestlemania 30!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

my brother linked me this video a few days after The Warrior passed

haven't followed wrestling since i was 10-12 but i was always a fan

this video in particular just nails it so damn perfectly

RIP you big crazy bastard

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
It takes quite a bit of roids, coke and physical punishment to die of old age in your 50's. How the fuck is Hulk Hogan being kept alive?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It takes quite a bit of roids, coke and physical punishment to die of old age in your 50's. How the fuck is Hulk Hogan being kept alive?

For him, it's all about saying his prayers and taking his <ahem!> vitamins :tickled:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever."

jesus christ this is some kind of beautiful

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Taking steroids affects your muscles, and your heart is a muscle, so it affects that too.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Taking steroids affects your muscles, and your heart is a muscle, so it affects that too.

Thanks for the news flash but, I'm pretty sure that was implied in my post. Unless you're positing that roids are the reason the Hulkster's ticker still works.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
jesus christ this is some kind of beautiful

And I don't think he's overstating it one bit, to be honest. If a person is passonate about something, it's awesome to see them gush about it and talk about it like it's the biggest thrill.

Warrior loved to opine about stuff and always had something to say. I don't believe he shilled it or faked it for a second.

And that kind of intensity, that unwillingness to compromise his values, probably cost him a lot of money and opportunity over the years.

People can criticize Warrior for being a difficult guy to work with, for going against the grain, for being confrontatnional, but one thing they can't deny is that his character, his persona, endured LONG after he stopped being active in the profession. For nearly 20 years he hasn't really done a thing that's mattered in the ring but he is still a legend to the fans. That kind of staying power is extremely rare, and should be celebrated. And it's all because of the person he was making the opportunities to cement his legacy.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least there will never be a wrestler of his "Caliber" pushed again.

Shit when was the last time Mason Ryan was ever on TV?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
And I don't think he's overstating it one bit, to be honest. If a person is passonate about something, it's awesome to see them gush about it and talk about it like it's the biggest thrill.

If the feeling is mutual then yes, otherwise its just obnoxious.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dude only had *two* matches in Japan, and ends up a SoR2 boss?

Transcendent, man.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Something I found from Warrior's wife. It's beautiful and might make you tear up.:crying:

Spoiler:
Dearest Warriors,

It is with an absolutely broken heart I reach out to you. Since the passing of my husband, I have been fortunate enough to insulate my sweet girls and myself from the outside world. In this bubble we have grieved and continue to do so. For a week, I did not allow any television or media to seep through our cocoon. I was told, though, of the outpouring of love for my beloved husband and support for, as he always called us, his Warrior Girls. I can only say thank you.

On Sunday night, I was told WWE would pay tribute to Warrior and so I set the DVR planning to watch it when we were ready. As the hour neared, I broke resolve and turned on every TV in the house to full blast and snuggled our daughters close to me on the couch, unsure what we would see. As the scene unfolded with that amazing roster of talent gathered donning Ultimate Warrior shirts and even his face paint, we cheered and sobbed simultaneously. To everyone who stood there, thank you. My girls will remember your bowed heads for the rest of their lives. You are not just Superstars; you are super people.

I cannot put words to what that video tribute meant. We watched it multiple times and, this morning, it was how I started my day; mornings are the hardest for me. I will treasure that song and those images more than anything I own. Vindication. ULTIMATE PERFECTION.

I was told it was reported WWE was "there" for us. "There" is the understatement of a lifetime. They were a warm blanket to us three and we were quickly absorbed into their family. Words are cheap; promises are forever. This family is one I'm honored to be a member of and will gladly be the warm blanket to any of them who need me next.

My husband's speech had so many highlights for me as I sat proudly in the audience looking on at his moment ... I most loved his request for the Hall of Fame to include the, as he called them, "true Superstars," those behind-the-scenes people who make the machine run. See, I'm the person who puts up the ring in our house. I'm the background person who makes things happen seamlessly. I am surrounded by performers in my husband and children, so I felt a kinship with all the people he wanted to shine a spotlight upon who make WWE work. He loved you all, and knew that each of you made his run there possible. Thank you!

To all the ULTIMATE WARRIOR fans: THANK YOU!! He told me when he shook the ropes it was him gathering strength from each of you. Warrior respected you and loved you as do the girls and I. I will reach out to the ropes for your strength to sustain me in the sad days that the girls and I face. UNWAVERING is what you've been. GRATEFUL is what we are.

The Undertaker and I have a lot more in common than you might think. You see, I had a bit of a streak of my own going for the last 20 years. Yes, Warrior and I would have matches of our own ... He would yell, I would cry, he would submit, I would win - always. My quivering chin and "pooched" lip was always more powerful than any clothesline or gorilla press slam. He'd laugh and shake his head and say,"you win, Pooch," but really we both did.

My streak was broken April 8, 2014 when he collapsed. I fought and screamed and cried for him not to leave me, but I wasn't to win this round. Heaven won and I lost, but I had the ULTIMATE love for 20 years and my children learned to be Warriors from THE ULTIMATE DAD. I wouldn't trade a moment of the life we shared, good or bad, for anything on God's green earth. He is the love of my life and gave me the gift of our beautiful, sweet, amazing girls. He was loyal and kind and strong and brave. He taught me to live by his creed,"Live Strong, Act Bold, Be Brave. Nothing's too hard to do, ALWAYS BELIEVE," and with that creed I will carry on and make him proud.

Streaks are broken but legends live forever.

Always Believe,

Dana A. Warrior

In lieu of donations to the family or flowers please make a donation to our wounded veterans and their families at www.operationfamilyfund.org.

Our brave servicemen and women are our true warriors.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

my brother linked me this video a few days after The Warrior passed

haven't followed wrestling since i was 10-12 but i was always a fan

this video in particular just nails it so damn perfectly

RIP you big crazy bastard

Brilliant, I love his You Tube videos - Such an inspiration!

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I watched like a kid when Warrior finally took his rightful place in the hall of fame. Then I continued to watch in awe as he made his first Raw appearance in nearly 20 years a couple nights later.

So sad to hear the news that he passed the very next day. The only thing I can say was at least he made peace with WWE before he had to go. It would really have been a shame if he died a few days before the hall of fame.

if you have the wwe network, the warrior documentary is a MUST. you really get to see the family man Warrior, and how much Vince and he had a father-son relationship, really.

Have fun shaking those ropes in Heaven, Warrior. Thanks for the childhood memories. WrestleMania 6 FTW 4 life

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Dude only had *two* matches in Japan, and ends up a SoR2 boss?

Transcendent, man.

absolutely. in the doc they also said that the Japanese is very reserved, and only clap after a strong series of chain wrestling or the like. But the Warrior had the Japanese fans standing up, screaming their heads off. I laughed as they showed a clip of Warrior making his way through the Japanese crowd, and they're standing laying hands on him like he was Jesus.

Incredible sight and goes to show you that's how much energy he brought. You couldn't help but stand up and want to run around, howl at the moon.