Under Defeat for Dreamcast

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
roninbuddha said:
how bout no.2? there really no intro music?

Normal as well.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
kingbuzzo said:
man, you're just brutal aren't you. Probably the first person I've met who found radirgy to be that wasn't fantabulous.

Well lets put it this way Radirgy is well put together and its a shooter ...thats it ...there is nothing SPECIAL about it is too simple and I didnt find it any fun at all.

And then I found out it is the same people that made Chaos Field, I didnt like that game much either.:annoyed:

Under Drefeat is so well made and they paid so much attention to detail ; for example if you destroy an enemy next to a tree in the first stage the tree sways from the blast! in the second stage when you destroy enemies over a body of water the little fragments make tiny little splashes in the water, the third stage is just amazing with the battle going on all around you ...when the planes fly between your vehicle and the top of the screen and the camera shakes ....aah goosepimples!

G.Rev has their shit together and so far every game thae have put out is pure gold, I am still hoping that the decide to release Senko No Ronde for the DC when they see how big the sales doe UD go. I have yet to play their 2002 Dreamcast release doki doki idol starseeker. But since the release of Under Defeat I am definately curious to play it no matter what kind of game it is just because its a G.Rev title.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Retrogamer said:
G.Rev has their shit together and so far every game thae have put out is pure gold, I am still hoping that the decide to release Senko No Ronde for the DC when they see how big the sales doe UD go. I have yet to play their 2002 Dreamcast release doki doki idol starseeker. But since the release of Under Defeat I am definately curious to play it no matter what kind of game it is just because its a G.Rev title.

same case for me...

i vote grev. most promising dev house

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Got mine yesterday and have put about 2 hours into it.. I'm very impressed so far :).

I think you should go for it Kid Aphex :multi_co: . I don't know what type of shooters you usually like but the whole production just screams quality, so atleast you're going to enjoy that.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
man, even after all this talk, i'm just not sure i'd like it.

Dude let me tell you if you sleep on this one you will be kicking yourself later, This is not like the last few titles that have not been up to par, this is genuinely a masterpiece and it really uses all of the Dreamcasts potential. I am telling you now because I have known you a long time and you have similar tastes in games than I , do yourself a favor and snatch this title up before its too late.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Man, my copy hasn't come in the mail yet. I checked the tracking and it is scheduled to arrive on Monday...

I played this game in Japan a few months ago and it was visually beautiful and very hard. Definitely worth the purchase.

Damn, I wanna' buy Border Down now. So far I have no complaints with Grev.

(By the way, is G.rev named after the popular Naomi G.rev system bios?)

Last edited:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I played this for three hours last night.

Totally takes the DC to places it hasn't been for a long time. It's an awesome game, and one of the best shooters I've had the pleasure of, totally great. God help you if you hit the C button half way through a level though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
ResOGlas said:
(By the way, is G.rev named after the popular Naomi G.rev system bios?)

Wiki wiki wiki...

Wikipedia said:
G.rev (or G.revolution) is a Japanese arcade videogame developer.

The company's name comes from the fact that it was founded by former Taito employees who had worked on G-Darius.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
ResOGlas said:
Damn, I wanna' buy Border Down now. So far I have no complaints with Grev.

I revisited this yesterday and man, I really hate the music in BD. And there's no option to turn it off and have sound effects still on.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
subcons said:
I revisited this yesterday and man, I really hate the music in BD. And there's no option to turn it off and have sound effects still on.

sound effects are weak in BD anyway

a far cry from UD's explosions

I agree about the music, but believe it or not, it's won some accolades in Japan

Sapphire

World Soccer '96
Does anyone know the Story behind UD?!
I think they speak german in this game!?:conf:
For example: when you defeat the 2nd boss they say: Erfolgreiche Mission, kehren sie zurück ..... this means: successful mission return to.....
or i'm wrong with this?!:conf:
And the names of the characters are also very "german".......:D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Sapphire said:
Does anyone know the Story behind UD?!
I think they speak german in this game!?:conf:
For example: when you defeat the 2nd boss they say: Erfolgreiche Mission, kehren sie zurück ..... this means: successful mission return to.....
or i'm wrong with this?!:conf:
And the names of the characters are also very "german".......:D

Yeah, most radio voices are German, but I don't know the story behind that.

Einhänder has some of that as well, perhaps they just like the sound of the language.

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
Retrogamer said:
.. do yourself a favor and snatch this title up before its too late.

Nerr. What would be too late ? I really don't have anything to spend for at least another month. Reckon it still up on p-a by then ?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Takumaji said:
Yeah, most radio voices are German, but I don't know the story behind that.

Einhänder has some of that as well, perhaps they just like the sound of the language.

The playable characters and their comrades speak German (and yes, the Japanese seem to love how German sounds). The opposing forces speak English (or Engrish in some cases).

There was a Japanese fansite for the game that had all of the communications listed... but it seems to have disappeared.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
01335.jpg

:emb:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Kid Aphex said:
man, i MIGHT buy this game.
fuck.

Definitely pick this up if you like shooters. I honestly thought it might be hard to come by down the line, but as good as it's selling, that might not be the case. Unless people just don't want to let go of their copy. I know I won't.