Under Defeat for Dreamcast

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Retrogamer said:
Um Interesting thing happened today, I was going to reuse the Playasia box I got my Unedr Defeat in to ship something overseas, and underneath the flap was the sticker that they advertise ships with the SEGA Direct version, I only ordered the regular LE, I could'nt bring myself to pay an extra 20$ for a poster and a sticker.

But was the sticker supposed to come with all of them or did I get a lucky break?!

People seemed to have gotten a random sticker or assortment of them with their order. I only got an Okami ad sticker. Some others claimed to have gotten some different ones, including the UD one, with their order.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
NCSX had said that some of the LEs would come with it, I got the game two weeks ago. NCSX sent me a sticker that I received today, totally unexpected. I could care less and toss it but it was cool they bothered to even do that two weeks later.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
It's not you...just a lot of bad things have happened in my life all at once. I need to take a break from the internet and games and get things in checck.

Oh, sorry to hear that man, I figured you were just joking around. :( By all means, take a break for a while, and then come back refreshed and ready to kick the game's ass!

I played a little tonight. I am so hilariously inconsistent at this game. I keep dying at stupid parts where I obviously should bomb. Haven't been able to clear the first loop again, but I did at least break 2 million a couple times. I'll keep trying.

Kiken: here's my best scores after each level

1-1: 282k (gotten this a few times, I think 286k is at least possible. Kill the boss with 43 seconds remaining)
1-2: 858k
1-3: 1.28 mil
1-4: 1.81 mil

I think if I don't screw up too much and get the 200k for killing the last boss with an option, 2.6 mil after the loop should be reasonable.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
Kiken: here's my best scores after each level

1-1: 282k (gotten this a few times, I think 286k is at least possible. Kill the boss with 43 seconds remaining)

UM do you get points for killing the cows at the beginning of stage 1 :tickled:

You catually can kill them with well placed explosions from surrounding parked vehicles

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Retrogamer said:
Um Interesting thing happened today, I was going to reuse the Playasia box I got my Unedr Defeat in to ship something overseas, and underneath the flap was the sticker that they advertise ships with the SEGA Direct version, I only ordered the regular LE, I could'nt bring myself to pay an extra 20$ for a poster and a sticker.

But was the sticker supposed to come with all of them or did I get a lucky break?!

They gave them to at least all the pre-orderers, no matter which edition. But if you didn't pre-order, I guess It's still possible they had surplus.

I really like this game. It's fantastic graphics and crazy amounts of detail. And it's just so refreshing to just blow things up without worrying about chaining or something like that. Nice extra modes and unlockables too.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
finngamer said:
I really like this game. It's fantastic graphics and crazy amounts of detail. And it's just so refreshing to just blow things up without worrying about chaining or something like that. Nice extra modes and unlockables too.

Well, there are no chains, but you will get bonus/extra points for multiple kills. Here, the blue bomb option for your pod comes in very handy. Use it against a bunch of enemies in a critical radius and your score will increase quite alot.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Takumaji said:
Well, there are no chains, but you will get bonus/extra points for multiple kills. Here, the blue bomb option for your pod comes in very handy. Use it against a bunch of enemies in a critical radius and your score will increase quite alot.

Yes, I know. Well, actually you don't get them for multiple kills, per se, but just from the use of the option. (Any option). The rocket does kill a lot of them in one shot.

But the best part is, that dying doesn't screw you over, just continue using the same tactics.

(Naturally many have critizised the game for this "lack of depth", but I like it)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
finngamer said:
Yes, I know. Well, actually you don't get them for multiple kills, per se, but just from the use of the option. (Any option). The rocket does kill a lot of them in one shot.

But the best part is, that dying doesn't screw you over, just continue using the same tactics.

(Naturally many have critizised the game for this "lack of depth", but I like it)

Yeah, I like the easy-going scoring system as well, it's really refreshing to take a break from all that narrow-minded stuff in Ikaruga, Ibara, BD, etc.

Any option in UD will do, but personally I get the best results with the bomb, for ex. against the ship deck installations and cannons in level 2.

subcons

Takumaji said:
Any option in UD will do, but personally I get the best results with the bomb, for ex. against the ship deck installations and cannons in level 2.

By bomb I'll assume you mean missle. But are you using missles throughout the majority of the game? I'd imagine your destruction percentage would suffer.

I'm using Cannon the most. Switch it up to Vulcan for the areas with lots of weaker enemies hurling bullets at me. Missles for certain bosses.

This game is still whooping my ass.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I got 1.3 million going into 1-4 today. Too bad I died there and it all went to hell afterwards because I was so pissed :(

Here's the way I use Options throughout the game:

1-1 - stick with Vulcan for most of the level, switch to Rocket on the second power-up for the boss
1-2 - Cannon the whole way through, including the boss
1-3 - switch to Vulcan at the beginning, then Rocket before the boss
1-4 - same thing, Vulcan for most of the level, Rocket before boss
1-5 - Cannon for most of the level, then Rocket before last boss

Cannon might be better for 1-3 though, especially that annoying midboss. But I think Vulcan is much better for taking out all those annoying little tanks...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
subcons said:
By bomb I'll assume you mean missle. But are you using missles throughout the majority of the game? I'd imagine your destruction percentage would suffer.

I'm using Cannon the most. Switch it up to Vulcan for the areas with lots of weaker enemies hurling bullets at me. Missles for certain bosses.

This game is still whooping my ass.

Yeah I mean missiles, not (smart)bombs.

I mostly do it like BBH and use cannon or vulcan throughout the level and then switch to either cannon or missile to fight a boss.

And yep, my bum hurts too. :)

I wish the heli would be just a wee bit smaller...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't feel like digging through this thread

but BBH, do you use reverse or normal?

subcons

roker said:
I don't feel like digging through this thread

but BBH, do you use reverse or normal?

He uses normal.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yep, subcons speaks the truth. Normal rotation and 9-volt batteries for life. END OF LINE.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Anybody play on hard? :spock:

As much as I love the game in general, the game seems a bit less spectacular on normal.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
shirt said:
Anybody play on hard? :spock:

As much as I love the game in general, the game seems a bit less spectacular on normal.

Agreed. The game is just average when playing on normal. Once you set the game to hard, the developers efforts really shine through. It's nice to have the enemies actually shooting at you from the start of level 1.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I would like to know the high scores of you guys that are whining about the game being too easy. I mean, if the game's too easy, obviously you guys must be clearing both loops on one credit and destroying my high score and stuff. Well?

Last edited: