Under Defeat for Dreamcast

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
BBH said:
underdefeat29sa.jpg

:emb: :emb:

mulletgeezer is destroying... and he's not even clearing loop one?

I agree on the font thing. Ugly ass font.

Neoray

New Challenger
Alright people,

Besides Under Defeat which can be switched vertical, are there any other Dreamcast games that have the same option?

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Neoray said:
Alright people,

Besides Under Defeat which can be switched verticle, are there any other Dreamcast games that have the same option?

no

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
If I wasnt so busy with school I'd play more.:(

Neoray

New Challenger
roker said:
I was being harsh to the n00bie

I ain't no noobie.:make_fac:

I've been here for a year now, I just don't post much.

Thanks Dave K for the info.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Neoray said:
I ain't no noobie.:make_fac:

I've been here for a year now, I just don't post much.

Thanks Dave K for the info.

go to shmups.com

look up tate and yoko

I got my real copy of UD today

my poster was bent

:crying:

subcons

roker said:
I got my real copy of UD today

my poster was bent

Where did you get it from? If it was Play-Asia, I'd give it a shot and send them an e-mail. They may be willing to help you out if they can. They've done me really well in the customer service department in the past.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
subcons said:
Where did you get it from? If it was Play-Asia, I'd give it a shot and send them an e-mail. They may be willing to help you out if they can. They've done me really well in the customer service department in the past.

nope

Yakumo of http://www.segagagadomain.com/

Kiel

20 Year Member

Kiken

Camel Slug
BBH, I'm interested in hearing what your score was going in to 1-5. I have a replay of various bits of the stage and the player's score at the beginning of the level is 2.1 million (granted, the high-score on the machine was like 4.8 million).

But well done making it in to the second loop. Think you'll be able to double-loop it?

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Wow, seems not so easy to 1cc it. Do you think people it's worth to buy a DC system and a region-free disc just for this game? I mean, I have the game but no DC so is it worth it? It would cost me around 50E here so...

I think it is worth it. Not to mention if you like shmups you should own a dreamcast.

Tristesse said:
Wow, seems not so easy to 1cc it. Do you think people it's worth to buy a DC system and a region-free disc just for this game? I mean, I have the game but no DC so is it worth it? It would cost me around 50E here so...

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
I give up.

roker said:
yep

BBH has that affect on people

(note to self: ban BBH from all scoring competitions)

Kiken said:
BBH, I'm interested in hearing what your score was going in to 1-5. I have a replay of various bits of the stage and the player's score at the beginning of the level is 2.1 million (granted, the high-score on the machine was like 4.8 million).

I'm not sure on the exact score, but lately I've been managing to get over 1.6 mil going into 1-5. Probably a little higher than that, I know my best score going into 1-4 was something like 1.24 mil... but I probably fucked up on 1-4 in that game. 2.1 mil going into 1-5 is insane! And here I was thought I was getting plenty of x2 kills now...

(I've seen a different video where the player had something like 2.8 mil by the time he reached the last boss, and the high score on the machine was 6.5 mil. Um, wow)

But well done making it in to the second loop. Think you'll be able to double-loop it?

Hahaha no. I credit-fed through the game starting from 2-1 and it is INSANE. 2-4 in particular is a real bitch. And the last boss is even harder, the gun turrets on the second form end up releasing suicide bullets when you destroy them. As if it wasn't hard enough already...

Funny story though, I hadn't bothered to play the second loop at all until I reached it on that 2.86 million game. So I had no idea what to expect. I ended up almost dying at the beginning of 2-2 since I had no idea those ships at the beginning of the stage release suicide bullets when destroyed. I ended up letting out a "YAAAGH!" out of surprise and just barely managed to dodge the first one. It was kinda funny.

Three lives is just too few to handle the second loop. I'm sure I can do better so I'll see how far I can take the game, but realistically I'm not expecting to manage the all clear. :crying:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I don't ban BBH from scoring competitions, I'm just clear from the start that they're only open to humans.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
BlackSpy said:
I don't ban BBH from scoring competitions, I'm just clear from the start that they're only open to humans.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. 101101010101010110101000101

subcons

Tristesse said:

If you're interested in UD, then you should own a DC for it along with all the other great shooters on it. Pretty much a no-brainer. It's an essential system for the shooter fan.

And congrats BBH. Not surprised one bit.

crazymadone

Crazed MVS Addict
Tristesse said:

Why did you buy the game without a DC?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
still waiting for mine to come in the post but since it took Rokey until now then I'll wait a little longer.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Um Interesting thing happened today, I was going to reuse the Playasia box I got my Unedr Defeat in to ship something overseas, and underneath the flap was the sticker that they advertise ships with the SEGA Direct version, I only ordered the regular LE, I could'nt bring myself to pay an extra 20$ for a poster and a sticker.

But was the sticker supposed to come with all of them or did I get a lucky break?!

Kiel

20 Year Member
BBH said:

It's not you...just a lot of bad things have happened in my life all at once. I need to take a break from the internet and games and get things in checck.