Unibios errors on CMVS

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I have not encountered a single problem with my Unibios until now.

I put Savage Reign and Fatal Fury Special into the CMVS and Unibios displayed the following errors. Both carts have worked fine in the past.

I cleaned the contacts after the errors were displayed and same results.

https://imgur.com/a/3CUGRI0

I no longer get the Unibios splash screen on startup either.

Please help!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Check power supply and also disable arcade protect to get back into the menu.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Check power supply and also disable arcade protect to get back into the menu.

Thanks Razoola, I will check the power.
How exactly do I perform a disable arcade protect? My searches for this term are quite unclear.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
With a cart inserted flip dip 1 on, then power on the board. Or press A+B+C + the test button.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Update - changed PSU and adapter (lots of corrosion on adapter). Get consistent power now for the moment. Games at least boot up now.

The unibios is still bewildering me. After the PSU change the splash screen comes back as per below. Am I still missing something here to change regions? I dont remember region option ever being blank.

https://imgur.com/a/pesmvGb

Razoola, considering this is an AI CMVS is there any need to send this BIOS file to you to confirm it is real or are you happy to send an update version with that serial number?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The region is stored in backupram and its corrupted. If if does not fix by setting a new region you will need to open it up and remove the battery for a few minutes and then reseet it.