Unported Playlist Part 6 - the Unportening

awbacon

Rugal's Secretary
awbacon is a national treasure. You're doing God's work. I never expected anyone to bring so many prototypes and vaporware games out of obscurity. Keep up the amazing work bro.
I've got another "no captures exist online" arcade game that came in a few weeks ago too. Just need to source a medium resolution monitor for the capture

Dr Shroom

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Most of their more popular games got released in Europe, the cartoon also aired here back in the day.

Did you get Asterix is the US? That game is also unported.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
That wasn’t originally a Ghostbuster game in Japan I believe so they were shoehorning the license in. It did get Euro computer ports, wonder why it never came to the US. Also I wonder if Slimers name in Japan translates to green ghost maybe?

I grew up playing the Activision Commodore 64 version at friend’s houses. I was so excited when they announced the NES version and I asked for it for Christmas as I didn’t have a C64 and was so disappointed. I was never a fan of the platform and gun Genesis version either. later I got the Master System version and that will always be my favorite version of the Activision or any Ghostbusters game.

Last edited:

awbacon

Rugal's Secretary
That wasn’t originally a Ghostbuster game in Japan I believe so they were shoehorning the license in. It did get Euro computer ports, wonder why it never came to the US. Also I wonder if Slimers name in Japan translates to green ghost maybe?

I grew up playing the Activision Commodore 64 version at friend’s houses. I was so excited when they announced the NES version and I asked for it for Christmas as I didn’t have a C64 and was so disappointed. I was never a fan of the platform and gun Genesis version either. later I got the Master System version and that will always be my favorite version of the Activision or any Ghostbusters game.
haha yeah I knew it was ported to some euro PC's. Some people get so mad in the comments when I show a game that technically does have a port even if I consider it "inferior". Like I am breaking someome's rules other than my own lol

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
Love Power Instinct. Got the chance to play 5 at a localish Round 1 this yearthat also had Salamander 2 no less. I still play 1 on the SNES, 2 on the PS1 and Matrimelee once in a while, I just played 2 last week. White Buffalo always gives me a hard time.

That monkey shooter definitely looks like fun, shame that didn’t get ported by I guess it’s too quirky.