Unreleased Neo Geo Game Writeup: The Warlocks of the Fates (Jinryu Senki)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, like that's gonna work...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
can someone please restrict geladobom from doing inane thread bumps in this forum

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Speaking of...

Anyone talk to @Digmac recently? I know he was getting into watch repair or something as a new hobby, but haven’t seen him in a long time. Hope he’s ok.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Don't know if anyone pointed this out around here already, but since the videos for the game intro/demo and full Rabi playthrough that popped out like 7/8 ago on NicoNicoDouga (and then reposted un the YT), in "022 August sime more videos also popped out on the YT:

Neo Retro Circus here posted a double JPN/ENG demo / attract mode for the game:

Official English title is thus revealed as The Record of the Divine Dragons WAR, which is actually a very precise translation for 神竜戦記 [ShinryuuSenki]

Some more emulated (NeoRage) videos from CristinaDEV:

Shinryuu Senki

Last Odyssey

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Didn't you see Billy boy's desperation when that JP guy came here swinging his proto dick? A release of these dumb overhyped unreleased game builds is a matter of time, it will happen eventually.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Sun Tzu said “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Warlocks looks good. Music seems above average for neogeo. Seems like it has some interesting stuff going on that make it different from your usual run of the mill Japanese 2d fighter circa 1995.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Warlocks looks good. Music seems above average for neogeo. Seems like it has some interesting stuff going on that make it different from your usual run of the mill Japanese 2d fighter circa 1995.
Says noone ever hence why it didn't get released

Just looks like a generic anime fighter to me, it wasn't released probably because it would have been forgotten in the midst of more popular games.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The intro music sounds like early Prodigy.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
IIRC, the music composer is the same of this very masterpiece:

while the series OST was composed by yje (rightfully) much-acclaimed Sagisu Shirou, OP and ED were different beasts of their own. :-)

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Says noone ever hence why it didn't get released

Just looks like a generic anime fighter to me, it wasn't released probably because it would have been forgotten in the midst of more popular games.
I don't share your opinion. Yes it's an anime fighter but it doesn't look generic. It's got flying and maybe some kind of foreground movement like fatal fury. Reminds me of Astra superstars.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I heard this game was actually a very very early prototype for Real Bout 6!

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I think this would've been the most unique fighter on the Neo Geo library had it been released. I compare it with Astra Superstars on ST-V and Saturn, given that both are airborn-based fighters, even though Warlock could have preceded that one by 1-2 years (IIRC).