UPDATE - RECOVERED Atomiswave games - but what the fuck happened?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Update: DHL recovered the games! I'm still baffled as to how/why these we re-routed to someone else, as the trail of info leads to the conclusion there was a deliberate attempt to have the delivery changed.
See my recent post (#16?) for details

(ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS - JUST FOR REFERENCE)
This is gonna sound crazy, but be on the lookout for AW copies of FotNS & Rumble Fish popping up in the Midwest. I had a package that was intercepted (stolen.) I've got serial numbers and more details on the person who stole it, but can't move forward with any action against them yet. If anyone sees those titles (or Kabuki Klash MVS) pop up in this part of the country, please let me know so I can check serials and document anything needed.

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Before anyone says PLANETICKET, this asshole is within driving distance

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
that sucks, not sure why someone would steal your trash...toilet paper should be back on the shelf by now...

I'm still bitter about my stuff getting lifted in Celina...and that was about 15 years ago...

good luck

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well that sucks. So the package wasn't even delivered, was it jacked straight out of the USPS truck? The methheads in Seattle have been very brazen about breaking into mailboxes and vehicles here in Seattle as of the past 5ish years. I am talking weekly, not once in a while. I would like to catch one of them and remove their hands with my machete.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Well that sucks. So the package wasn't even delivered, was it jacked straight out of the USPS truck? The methheads in Seattle have been very brazen about breaking into mailboxes and vehicles here in Seattle as of the past 5ish years. I am talking weekly, not once in a while. I would like to catch one of them and remove their hands with my machete.

So this is a little convoluted, but it was shipped via DHL, and the shipment was redirected to a different address via their online portal.

I've got enough info to have tracked down the receipent via a few different avenues. Gonna play some of this a little close to the chest. Mostly want to see if these pop up for sale and gather evidence

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
In order for them to redirect, wouldn't they have to know the tracking number?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So DHL can’t do anything about this? Sounds shady as hell. You would think they would have a full tracking record

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If the seller setup the redirection of the package, I wonder if the games were even in the package?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
This is a seller with a rock-solid reputation, and he's already agreed to refund me.

DHL does have full tracking, that show the package going straight from a Cinci hub to this guy's town.

I had some major concerns that I was phished, but upon review, I was never actually given a tracking number until after the package was delivered - guessing there was a breach on the seller's end most likely (they'd be a far better target) or DHL's end (less likely.)

I'm not even that upset about not getting the games, but it's be good for there to be consequences for the guy who stole the package

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Straight up sucks this happened to you and hope for a good resolution!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I own both games. If you want to borrow them for a bit, I'd be down. LMK.

Jon

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That sucks so much. Please post the serial numbers on the cart, since there is so much bootleg atomiswave stuff (well.. even the bootlegs are getting rare now), people always search for the serial numbers to see if they match known lists online. Good to see that the seller is going to refund you, but that means he's going to be out of money on the deal. I hope something can be worked out.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Update: DHL recovered the games yesterday and delivered them today!

I'm still baffled as to how/why these we re-routed to someone else, as the trail of info leads to the conclusion there was a deliberate attempt to have the delivery changed. The guy they were delivered to provided an email address to DHL; that email ties to him on Facebook, and the initial delivery address matches his name on the county auditor site. Per the DHL rep I spoke with earlier this week, to redirect a shipment, someone would've had to provide the tracking number *and* either the originally scheduled delivery address (which DHL confirmed was my address) or a phone number (I think mine would've sufficed; not sure if the sellers would have.)

If anyone has any idea what the how the why the hell this happened, I'm all ears!

Last edited:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
543   0   0
I am so glad that you recovered the games and everything worked out at the end! Not sure what happened in this case. but at least DHL stepped up and took care of it.