*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

NewDump

n00b
Imax-flyera.jpg

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, those b/w pics aren’t in enough detail to really make much of them.
FD2C729F-9B53-458A-9B85-49A460FDC78C.png
There was this one that I found of Pair Pair Wars as well. But again, such poor quality that it’s difficult to work with.
4BF765AF-4BC1-4431-B367-180216A909BC.jpeg

Last edited:

Raguy

New Challenger
Supergun, Newdump or anyone else, have you some informations about droppers by videosystem ?
During many years, droppers was considered as working title of Zintrick.
Screenshot of droppers reminds me a little, meikyu jima ( kickle cubicle ) by irem.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Well, I think there may have actually been 2 different b/w pics for Droppers that were found in those Game Machine Magazine scans. I can double check that for you. Plus, I can post up whatever text was near those pics in case it’s related.

But yes, for many years now, we had assumed that Droppers was the early working title for Zintrick just like Crystal Legacy was for Breakers for example. And according to what we have now from a couple different sources, it appears that it may have been a completely different and unrelated game.

Raguy

New Challenger
Yes Supergun, it would be good to check if there is text near those pics.

NewDump

n00b
In Spain many years ago there was an event at the fairgrounds, there were several arcade games, if I remember correctly they presented the new version of ddr and also kof (2000 I think) along with all this they had the ganryu and Dance Rhyth Mix the latter advertising it and I think I remember it was for sale, but I did not pay attention to it. I don't have any material proof of this

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Thank you for that information. That is very interesting indeed. Perhaps they considered attempting to promote the Dance Rhyth Mix game in overseas markets. The picture of the cabinet that we have seems to have possibly been operating in Korea.

BC0F3EC2-FECD-47F6-8E0C-C3F7C9878526.jpeg

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thank you for that information. That is very interesting indeed. Perhaps they considered attempting to promote the Dance Rhyth Mix game in overseas markets. The picture of the cabinet that we have seems to have possibly been operating in Korea.

View attachment 49641
Korea? I'm reading Japanese on the signs in this pic; ロケテスト中! (location test in progress), ダンスリスミックス(Dance Ryth Mix).

KGRAMR

Another Striker
If I'm not mistaken (and anybody's welcomed to correct me), Takumi Corporation (of Giga Wing and Mars Matrix fame) also worked alongside Saurus on Mahou Juku. I also remembered an interview translated by Gamengai where former Toaplan member Tatsuya Uemura stated he worked on a puzzle game with his partner Masahiro Yuge after Toaplan closed in 1994, so it might have been Mahou Juku that he was alluding to. Again, I could be wrong...

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
If I'm not mistaken (and anybody's welcomed to correct me), Takumi Corporation (of Giga Wing and Mars Matrix fame) also worked alongside Saurus on Mahou Juku. I also remembered an interview translated by Gamengai where former Toaplan member Tatsuya Uemura stated he worked on a puzzle game with his partner Masahiro Yuge after Toaplan closed in 1994, so it might have been Mahou Juku that he was alluding to. Again, I could be wrong...
You can check out my brief write up on Mahou Juku for more info.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Damn! Rave War was the proto title for Tekken-- cool little bit to see there for me

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Hey, well to much to read but been digging threw my flyer and catalog collections, and reading it with the wonderful help of Google translate. Thought I share some things I found (most already known) maybe I shared before I forget.

This one is a price listed included in a early snk sale sheet. Bottom two games with no price appear to be "legend of success joe" and "basketball" according to Google translate :) "basketball" is probably dunk star. Looks like they swapped the developers as well listing aicom for Joe and wave for basketball. So probably aicom work on dunk star and Sammy publishing it kind a like for viewpoint.
20210720_222908.jpg
This is for pair pair wars of course taken from spring 96 catalog

20210720_222955.jpg
Back of same catalog only show these since this was a neo soft catalog not a cd catalog. Bottom right corner indicates info as of Feb 96. Anyway proof of mvs version but think that has already been proven by now.
20210720_223014.jpg
This I added since I have not seen this type of memory card labeling. But have not been looking, this is from a early AES sale sheet :)
20210720_223114.jpg
And last this one mentions a neo geo money changer for 278000 yen. Never seen that either. Also has pricing for the other cabs. This is back of top sale sheet. also list table model. Edit or maybe that is the hoteling unit price and name?
20210720_223201.jpg

I've had this stuff for awhile guess I never pulled it out to translate :)

Last edited:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Did some more digging

Anyway this is from the aou 95 show lots of in devolpement games here as well
Anyway this is where qp, king of athletes and others are listed.
20210723_005840.jpg

And what I think is the holy grail of memory cards now :) from back of Japanese magician lord flyer.

20210723_010028.jpg

Geez, again had these for years just was not easy to translate and kinda forgot about them.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
The pang 'pop' sound effect is iconic from the 90's arcades, up there with "Hodoken". Great game

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Wasn’t there some other homebrew game that had to do with bubbles

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Super bubble pop? i bought the xbox version :) never played it though. this other one looks like thety just recoded a metal slug 3 added a bouncing bubble and took all the ms3 sprites and backgrounds.