*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I've always found the fascination with prototype games strange. They're ALWAYS bad. If a game was even remotely good, it was shipping. It's just too hard/takes too long to make games to dumpster them unless they're complete turd.

It's like that Hangzo game everyone was making a stink about. Complete junk.

bulbousbeard

No, dumbass. If you worked in software development, you would know that there are times when things don’t ship due to circumstances beyond control of the actual dev team.

If a game is even remotely salvageable, it will ship. The industry is so desperate to ship anything that even Duke Nukem Forever got pushed out the door. In over 40 years of arcade games, there isn't a single documented prototype game that wasn't junk. You're dumb.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Ok, what about Magician Lord 2? Mark of the Wolves 2? Assets exist for these games. There are even videos of Magician Lord 2. Off the very top of my head, here are two examples that punch a hole in your theory. The fuck are you talking about?

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
If a game is even remotely salvageable, it will ship. The industry is so desperate to ship anything that even Duke Nukem Forever got pushed out the door. In over 40 years of arcade games, there isn't a single documented prototype game that wasn't junk. You're dumb.

Lol, (not arcade, but) yeah except for the US version of Mother/Earthbound Beginnings, which was in a complete state but never brought to market (at the time). You really are a dumbfuck aren't you, and so confident about it as well lol.

bulbousbeard

Lol, (not arcade, but) yeah except for the US version of Mother/Earthbound Beginnings, which was in a complete state but never brought to market (at the time). You really are a dumbfuck aren't you, and so confident about it as well lol.

Region specific versions of finished games don't count you tard. Man you really are a bunch of dumb bastards.

unknown.png

bulbousbeard

You know aside from smoking the cigar, Homer was actually right about everything in that episode.

unknown.png

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Dumbshit racist know-it-all knows absolutely nothing, lol. That coat hanger really did a number on your brain. Well I still support abortion survivors, keep strong man!

Unreleased completed Atlus arcade shmup Wing Force, completed and never went to market.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

I predict bulbousbeard claiming these are finished games so obviously not prototypes... but riddle me this batman, how do you judge a game's quality if it's in the stage of having white squares jumping around the screen?

bulbousbeard

Dumbshit racist know-it-all knows absolutely nothing, lol. That coat hanger really did a number on your brain. Well I still support abortion survivors, keep strong man!

Unreleased completed Atlus arcade shmup Wing Force, completed and never went to market.

Wing Force is complete dog shit--especially for when it would have been released. Looked like a game made in the late 80s and it would have gone up against Raiden II.

Pathetic.

bulbousbeard

I predict bulbousbeard claiming these are finished games so obviously not prototypes... but riddle me this batman, how do you judge a game's quality if it's in the stage of having white squares jumping around the screen?

You're suggesting that that game--especially as a 1993 release--is good with a straight face?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Ghostlop isnt crap is it? Not saying its the greatest game ever but it better than a fair few Neo Geo games that did get released

bulbousbeard

Ghostlop isnt crap is it? Not saying its the greatest game ever but it better than a fair few Neo Geo games that did get released

Do you really think Ghostlop is worth $200? It's crap for a Neo Geo game. What's with the shitty digitized backgrounds that don't even fit the game? It's just cheap junk. Puzzle Bobble or don't even get out of bed.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Do you really think Ghostlop is worth $200? It's crap for a Neo Geo game. What's with the shitty digitized backgrounds that don't even fit the game? It's just cheap junk. Puzzle Bobble or don't even get out of bed.
Is it better than Legend of success Joe?