*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
So what's the next action on this? Would there be people actively trying to contact this guy trying to make a deal? I'm wondering if its worth making him some kind of offer

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The game seems very different from Tetris. You actually control the platform the blocks land on, not the blocks themselves. @mmsadda had it right earlier. Just because a company found a reason to cancel a game for business reasons back in the day has nothing to do with whether or not players today would find it fun.

That page references four possibilities. They all aren't confirmed to have actually been assigned any NGH number. All we know for sure is that we've got an empty spot, and those are some of the candidates we know of.
I was just genericizing - block game = tetris clone / variation on tetris

This was certainly true around the late 80s / very early 90s when Tetris consumer popuarity was at its peak

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah SSIA literally in this case. Generic puzzle game competing against a dozen better games vs. limited operator floor space = wasted ROM chips

geladobom

War Room Troll
This is real or a meme? At least 2 of them are out. Neo Pool Master is up there who possesses.

Attachments

• 18121742_1378303588904768_1677056475837115166_o.jpg
    18121742_1378303588904768_1677056475837115166_o.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 10928887_787022844699515_7381626885706929850_o.jpg
    10928887_787022844699515_7381626885706929850_o.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 38

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Can we change the name of the thread? I keep thinking it's exciting

Heh, yeah, that's protos for you, it's all a bit tedious until a rom pops up somewhere at some point in time.

I guess it's all about how finished a proto game actually is, most of them are only of vg-historical interest or something like that.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Heh, yeah, that's protos for you, it's all a bit tedious until a rom pops up somewhere at some point in time.

I guess it's all about how finished a proto game actually is, most of them are only of vg-historical interest or something like that.
geladobom should be forbidden from bumping this thread, everytime I see new posts its his stupid ass doing stupid posts.

bump! :D

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I'm a sucker for Neo Geo puzzle games so I'm happy that Block Paradise turned up and is preserved in some form (whether or not we ever get to play it remains to be seen). Personally I'd rather see Fun Fun Bros. as the Blues Bros. theme seems really fun, but any new Neo Geo proto is cause for rejoicing in my book. Then again prototypes are my thing so I may be a bit biased...

geladobom

War Room Troll
geladobom should be forbidden from bumping this thread, everytime I see new posts its his stupid ass doing stupid posts.

bump! :D
No, for real i really wanna ask if this was a printed box to make fans crazy in that day.

Attachments

• sherlock-holmes.jpg
    sherlock-holmes.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
No, for real i really wanna ask if this was a printed box to make fans crazy in that day.

Do a web search for Neo Geo Freak. Not the legit magazine, the non-legit American piracy service.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
2021kduck's latest Tweet translates to something like this: "I'm just a 90's neo-geo fighting game lover, not a collector, so I don't think it makes any sense to have one. It will be exhibited at Yahoo Auction at the earliest this year and at the latest this year."

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Gonna be sold. Gonna be bought. Will do.
Edit: for the usual ball-showing, yes I don't mind going to prison for this fucking game. I'm French.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm a sucker for Neo Geo puzzle games so I'm happy that Block Paradise turned up and is preserved in some form (whether or not we ever get to play it remains to be seen). Personally I'd rather see Fun Fun Bros. as the Blues Bros. theme seems really fun, but any new Neo Geo proto is cause for rejoicing in my book. Then again prototypes are my thing so I may be a bit biased...
Doesn't sound like the game is backed up yet. Sounds like the same person indeed still owns this, as the forum posts last year mentioned the same interest in selling on Yahoo Japan.

I can only hope that the game falls into the hands of someone who has the capability to safely back up the game before anything happens to any of the roms, and who is interested in making the game available to the world soon.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
@Neo Alec be reassured, it will :)

The owner has said that for reasons of technical order and, "different values", he will not dump the game. It is on one of his tweets. But he said that he will sell it, and trust me, with me alive somewhere in this universe, Block Paradise won't get Ghostlopped or BangBangBusted.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
@Neo Alec be reassured, it will :)

The owner has said that for reasons of technical order and, "different values", he will not dump the game. It is on one of his tweets. But he said that he will sell it, and trust me, with me alive somewhere in this universe, Block Paradise won't get Ghostlopped or BangBangBusted.
At least those two games are available to play. The sadder story is all the unreleased titles that are "preserved" but not shared with the world.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
We will see if this actually appears. I still doubt it’ll end up being dumped.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
@Neo Alec What kind of price range will this go for in your opinion? I have some spare windfall cash, I want to see could I do it. If I managed to get this for my affordable price range, the roms would be released straight away. Remember the 100k fake auction a few months ago... would that have any effect on the price?

geladobom

War Room Troll
At least those two games are available to play. The sadder story is all the unreleased titles that are "preserved" but not shared with the world.
We need so badly talk with the former ADK Boss. This ADK Games needs urgent release of it.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
@geladobom If you're talking about Tsutomu Maruyama, he now works in Yoga and doesn't have anything left. Already contacted him. The best luck is with all other employees who may have kept something when the company closed. I was only able to contact some of them (not even 5 I think).

geladobom

War Room Troll
@geladobom If you're talking about Tsutomu Maruyama, he now works in Yoga and doesn't have anything left. Already contacted him. The best luck is with all other employees who may have kept something when the company closed. I was only able to contact some of them (not even 5 I think).
I'm so sad this company closed before and people still want more and more titles.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm so sad this company closed before and people still want more and more titles.
They truly made some of the best games on the platform. Magician Lord is among my personal favorites. A sequel would have been one of the most desirable things in the library at least for me

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
SNK fans never cease to amaze... in a negative, brain damaged way.
I mean, recontextualizing this post, if this based gentleman is actually fronting 1 million yen for a cancelled puzzle game, who am I to say anthing about selling bootlegs of it.