*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

geladobom

War Room Troll
For those of you waiting on the romz, its gonna be awhile. I heard that dude Xacrow is like the master-jedi of hoarding. :kekeke:
One old and Gold Post.
15 years.

Attachments

• too-many-counting.gif
    too-many-counting.gif
    512.3 KB · Views: 0

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I see no reason to think that Warlocks cart is real. The owner has been asked many times to show it running and they refuse. I mean, I could put a label like that on an AES cart and be in the same position as the owner of Mandrake.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
He also seems to be considering putting it on public display before auction, here is a bad translation of his latest Tweet:

"In order to get many people to play "Block Paradise", I wonder if I could put it in "Takadanobaba Mikado" for a few days before Yahoo Auction.

Ok. I just gotta chime in on this comment. Because I cringed when I read this and I’ll quickly explain why.

It’s been almost 10 years now so most people here either weren’t around and/or simply forgot a key detail with regards to what happened to Warlocks.

It was March 31, 2012 when the Warlocks cartridge was found and acquired by N.C.I. And they posted about it on Facebook or Twitter. And then just a day or two later, they announced that they were going to: “lend the cartridge to a store for a few months to display it there for many other fans to see it.”

It was a noble idea. But something went terribly wrong. Complications soon arose with the “arrangement” that had been made and technicalities ensued. There was “controversy” over whose property the game was (and specifically whose property it had now become) which created a mountain of red tape. And a few months became 6 months. Then a year. Then 2 years. Yeah. And now we find ourselves here. Going on TEN years. And they have never been able to get it back.

(Japanese culture, tradition, and business practice is vastly different then ours)

And so now this Block Paradise guy is literally talking about doing the exact same thing with his game! God help us.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I think billy was talking about some japan guy who has a proto that's gonna be for sale that defalt wanted to buy. This is complicated stuff. Too complicated for basic.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yes, I’m talking about the “2021kduck” Twitter guy who owns the game.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think billy was talking about some japan guy who has a proto that's gonna be for sale that defalt wanted to buy. This is complicated stuff. Too complicated for basic.
oic. i think the only person you love more than me is billy. also, the proto scene is gay and i gleaned what i needed from his post to call defalt gay. my needs have been met.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll

A few minutes of gameplay footage, the music reminds me of Lemmings. Hey Billy, no need to cringe now, apparently he is not putting it into that arcade as he couldn't get AES-MVS converter if such a thing even exists. Says he is putting it up for sale this weekend.

*edit* he then said this "Yesterday, I said that I would sell this weekend, but I have a business trip due to work trouble, so the listing is likely to be on the last Sunday of the month.
I'm so sorry."

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The guys is just trolling the Neo community.

If he was serious about selling it, he'd have listed it already. Though he might be trying to bait some big tymer for a direct sell.

geladobom

War Room Troll

A few minutes of gameplay footage, the music reminds me of Lemmings. Hey Billy, no need to cringe now, apparently he is not putting it into that arcade as he couldn't get AES-MVS converter if such a thing even exists. Says he is putting it up for sale this weekend.

*edit* he then said this "Yesterday, I said that I would sell this weekend, but I have a business trip due to work trouble, so the listing is likely to be on the last Sunday of the month.
I'm so sorry."
The game looks great not expected by others saying it is incompleted. It is completed, it's real and the rest was not released is real too. The time passes and they decided to release it public.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
It looks like a good game to be fair. My most wanted of the proto's was always Warlocks but the more I look at at that, the more I think I kinda looks a bit sh1t. Ghostlop is fantastic, I love it. I'm not a pinball fan at all but Last Odyssey does look like a well put together game, would love to play it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Now that I've seen it play, using the sunshines and all, I want to play this even more.

Wow. In-game music is identical to Fun Fun Brothers. I wonder how much of the soundtrack is shared.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Now that I've seen it play, using the sunshines and all, I want to play this even more.

Wow. In-game music is identical to Fun Fun Brothers. I wonder how much of the soundtrack is shared.
Oh wow, didnt notice that it was the same as Fun Fun Bros. Cool. That might suggest that Fun Fun Bros is not 100% complete if it is using music from this. I mean, is that music a bit 'islandy' for Fun Fun Bros?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh wow, didnt notice that it was the same as Fun Fun Bros. Cool. That might suggest that Fun Fun Bros is not 100% complete if it is using music from this. I mean, is that music a bit 'islandy' for Fun Fun Bros?
I'm used to seeing the Fun Fun Bros with this music, so I had the opposite impression. Seems generic enough to work either way.

Fun Fun Bros looks complete too, so I'm guessing they saw no reason to make all-new music when the previous iterations were left unreleased. I think they must have reused and added new music where needed.

Most of the sound effects are the same as well. This is the first time hearing the full song, and in stereo.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
It looks like a good game to be fair. My most wanted of the proto's was always Warlocks but the more I look at at that, the more I think I kinda looks a bit sh1t. Ghostlop is fantastic, I love it. I'm not a pinball fan at all but Last Odyssey does look like a well put together game, would love to play it.
Who cares if is sh1t, neogeo need to be completed. Is all that matters.
PGM is already completed, PGM2 is nearly completed, PGM3 is completed.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Is that XACROW dude still alive and does anyone know whether or not those roms are still out there somewhere? I'm not looking to track him down and spend money. Just wondering what happened to that guy and the games.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll

I like the how to play screen music, creepy or something. I also notice there is some kind of demon character on the how to play screen. Looks really interesting, wonder how it fits in. This guy:

demon sunshine.png

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member