*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Thanks Geladobom I believe we translated that document a few years ago, there is a higher resolution version of it that Billy Shared. It basically details some of the gameplay and controls. Nothing we don't know from the DOS/3DO version

geladobom

War Room Troll
Thanks Geladobom I believe we translated that document a few years ago, there is a higher resolution version of it that Billy Shared. It basically details some of the gameplay and controls. Nothing we don't know from the DOS/3DO version
And checking all her account, i found many shadow kof hacks picture sets made by her.
More rare info content for neogeo.
Here's my pack: https://mega.nz/file/1I9FkDLC#-O7G7P6f3h0_dEgFWiE7u4aRthJbETRovNE6YhYgWcI
People love to save this stuff.
The Korean Proto Stuff is very rare, she have one version of the game, but it's for 3DO nothing special.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The FATAL FURY MOW data that I have been introducing for the past few days was unearthed from this CD-R.
It seems to be a CD-R left by Mr. K, a programmer of the FATAL FURY team who was transferred to Odaiba when the former SNK shifted to pachislot development (his name is blacked out).

We have confirmed a temporary new background for MOW2 and additional patterns for some characters, which we plan to organize and introduce.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
This guy will sell to the highest bidder. Not sure how kind he will be with that data
In my experience…not kind

So many people drop insane $$ just to keep shit hidden away for nobody to enjoy

When it comes up for auction (if it does) someone PM me. I’ll try to get it. Might need to fundraise a bit back because popular to contrary belief I am not ultra rich 😂

But I’ll throw in

Edit: I’ll do it to dump it obv

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Wonder how far it got along in development. Can’t imagine far considering how SNK went under in 2001.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
“…We have confirmed a temporary new background for MOW2…”

Wouldn’t this be the beach background, as seen on the 2 screenshots that we have had for the game for like 20 years?

73A82C21-EAD1-40F3-8C7A-F6BC61BF107F.png

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
“…We have confirmed a temporary new background for MOW2…”

Wouldn’t this be the beach background, as seen on the 2 screenshots that we have had for the game for like 20 years?

View attachment 58455
yeah for all we know that CD just has some assets and nothing else. That I wont buy. But if its an actual prototype I would

Last edited:

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
In my experience…not kind

So many people drop insane $$ just to keep shit hidden away for nobody to enjoy

When it comes up for auction (if it does) someone PM me. I’ll try to get it. Might need to fundraise a bit back because popular to contrary belief I am not ultra rich 😂

But I’ll throw in

Edit: I’ll do it to dump it obv
In the Atari prototype community we used to have some 'Angel Investors' who would spend big bucks to buy and dump new protos. For many years all the important new protos got dumped and released. Unfortunately those people aren't around anymore and we've lost several new protos to unknown buyers and they've never been seen again. The biggest problem is that no one knows who's buying the protos so they can't be asked if the data has been preserved. I don't know if they're just people from outside the core community or people who are purposely remaining anonymous so they don't get bugged for the rom (as we all know, some people have no chill when it comes to such things). Our only hope is that these people end up selling those protos to people who might make them public. That's a long shot though.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
yeah for all we know that CD just has some assets and nothing else. That I wont buy. But if its an actual prototype I would

I'm afraid these discs just contain hot air... But the thought of 2 CDs worth of assets... Yeah, that's worth investigating! :drool_2:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
In the Atari prototype community we used to have some 'Angel Investors' who would spend big bucks to buy and dump new protos. For many years all the important new protos got dumped and released. Unfortunately those people aren't around anymore and we've lost several new protos to unknown buyers and they've never been seen again. The biggest problem is that no one knows who's buying the protos so they can't be asked if the data has been preserved. I don't know if they're just people from outside the core community or people who are purposely remaining anonymous so they don't get bugged for the rom (as we all know, some people have no chill when it comes to such things). Our only hope is that these people end up selling those protos to people who might make them public. That's a long shot though.
thats how 3DO M2 used to be. It annoyed me...so I bought it all up just to dump it on some misguided principle

Basically I get annoyed by that kind of thing and try to spend what disposable income I have on acquiring shit to release. Because its more fun if people enjoy it!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
thats how 3DO M2 used to be. It annoyed me...so I bought it all up just to dump it on some misguided principle

Basically I get annoyed by that kind of thing and try to spend what disposable income I have on acquiring shit to release. Because its more fun if people enjoy it!
In the Jagwire community and in many other insular ones, protos seem to only be SOLD instead of shared online and since no one's interested in dumping what they bought it's for all intents and purposes lost until someone like awbacon comes around.

I heard Varuna's Forces (the one game with Michael Clarke Duncan) had many betas and even dev tools/level editors released, but you could only buy them in goofy "Jaguar Extremist" or whatever the fuck they called it discs which are long out of print. Jaguar fans still trade those discs between each other, but dumping? lol no. Even when it's really just a cheap burned cdr on a dvd case with a cover printed on kinkos.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I heard Varuna's Forces (the one game with Michael Clarke Duncan) had many betas and even dev tools/level editors released, but you could only buy them in goofy "Jaguar Extremist" or whatever the fuck they called it discs which are long out of print. Jaguar fans still trade those discs between each other, but dumping? lol no. Even when it's really just a cheap burned cdr on a dvd case with a cover printed on kinkos.
Don't get me started on the Jaguar community. That might be the one group that's even more toxic than Neo-Geo.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
You must be a member of the Jaguar community.
I was for many many years. I had a complete boxed collection at one point including both Battlespheres and a prototype modem. I sold them and got out when it started to go all crazy about 15 years ago.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I used to but I sold it a couple years ago after realizing I didn't play it for a year and I didn't miss it.