*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I do agree that the NEOGEO has finally reached a point where it has become so old that the vast majority of modern day gamers have either never heard of it and/or have no interest in it. And yes, the gaming communities have changed quite a bit over the past few years. Even this place doesn't generate the traffic that it once did. But truthfully, there wouldn't be anyone at all to wow at any Japanese site regardless. Reason being, they've seen all of these games already. Most of the games that he has in his neorage menu match what has been seen several times before in the distant past from other Japanese originating neorage screen captures. So nobody there would be wowed or amazed by it.
Hmm not familiar with the other existing screenshots in the Japanese community, but that would be good news that the roms exist in multiple places rather than just with this guy.

There's really only two options here. Encourage him to post stuff we haven't seen in the western neo geo community, or insult him and drive him away, in which case we see nothing but at least we've kept our self respect! Frankly I'd rather the former. Guy is going to go anyway, might as well get 30 pics instead of 10, etc. Talk is cheap, especially on a game forum full of shitposts, and I don't consider saying "thanks for the pics we enjoy learning about these rare games" to be denigrating to myself in anyway.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
^^^^^ and this is why metal jesus rocks is able to convince people (probably mostly grown men) to pay for water damage in his basement and john hancock is able to get people to pay for his museum collection

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
<retarded bullshit>

go back to contemplating the mystery and wonder of sequential numbers

edit: some background info on when billy's x-men level sperg powers first emerged - per his interview
When and how did your love of protos begin?
It actually began when I was very young, long before the NEOGEO. I would look through catalogs & magazines for pictures & information on upcoming games and I started to notice that I could not always find the games at the stores. So I began writing down product numbers in sequential order on papers and documenting the missing numbers on lists. I would look through catalogs (new & old) for announcements of upcoming games and I would find that often times the companies assigned and displayed the product numbers in these catalogs before the games were even released.

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
^^^^^ and this is why metal jesus rocks is able to convince people (probably mostly grown men) to pay for water damage in his basement and john hancock is able to get people to pay for his museum collection
I don't see it. The guy isn't asking for money. We're not paying him money. And in any event, unlike metal Jesus and similar personalities, he's showing us stuff that we don't know already and don't otherwise have access to.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I don't see it. The guy isn't asking for money. We're not paying him money. And in any event, unlike metal Jesus and similar personalities, he's showing us stuff that we don't know already and don't otherwise have access to.
i'm not saying he's asking for money. i'm just saying it's a similar mentality or attitude towards video game influencers and collecting heroes.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
The guy can't run the other games on NeoRageX... That is greatly valuable information!

It confirms he never even gave a shit about playing them.:buttrock:
Not exactly, he mentions they worked on nebula and an mvs, but the implication is he doesn't have that stuff available or setup currently.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Was the guy done posting? He wrote "the end" but that might've just been with regard to his individual post. Was a little surprised he even did that post since it must have been obvious people were trying to insult him via pidgen Japanese at that point. Oh well now that the thread has been moved that itself probably ends things regardless.

This was one of the most bizarre episodes I've ever seen on a game forum, especially since everyone here is a middle aged man rather than a 13 year old.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Was the guy done posting? He wrote "the end" but that might've just been with regard to his individual post. Was a little surprised he even did that post since it must have been obvious people were trying to insult him via pidgen Japanese at that point. Oh well now that the thread has been moved that itself probably ends things regardless.

I thought the same thing. But this guy is tenacious and I'm quite pleased about that being one of his stronger attributes. Because despite being insulted by several members here, and despite the thread being moved, (no comment on that btw), he still managed to find it and continues to selflessly give.

This was one of the most bizarre episodes I've ever seen on a game forum, especially since everyone here is a middle aged man rather than a 13 year old.

Ditto.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Not being able to read Japanese, I still don't understand what his goal is/was. I understand the background of his situation, but is he just showing off that he still has the roms or is planning on doing something with them in the future? I mean I get that sometimes things can't be released for various reasons, but if you're just going to show it off the least you could do is put as much info out there about it as you can and maybe answer some questions.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Not being able to read Japanese, I still don't understand what his goal is/was. I understand the background of his situation, but is he just showing off that he still has the roms or is planning on doing something with them in the future? I mean I get that sometimes things can't be released for various reasons, but if you're just going to show it off the least you could do is put as much info out there about it as you can and maybe answer some questions.

Nobody here is 100% exactly sure what his final intentions might be, if any. But the general approach to this has been to allow him to continue to freely give whatever he is willing to give. I have gently inserted a question or request here and there in between an abundance of kindness and thankfulness. And in his defense, he has directly or indirectly acknowledged and answered almost everything and, despite being unfairly and unjustly ridiculed by some of the members here, continues to do so. So in essence, if the others can simply maintain some level of basic decorum and respect, or simply just not participate in the discussion of that one thread, then I feel confident that all questions will eventually be answered and all requests will eventually be fulfilled.

For the record, I have already gotten about 80% of what I wanted, and pretty much 100% of what I needed. I am literally down to only 3 key questions/requests and at that point we will have retrieved all of the previously unknown information from what he personally has shown us he has. So this is already, hands down, the single most successful acquisition of proto information in history. It is unprecedented. So any and all complaints by those who don't care or simply don't understand the relevance of it all, simply don't matter.

NewDump

n00b
I thought the same thing. But this guy is tenacious and I'm quite pleased about that being one of his stronger attributes. Because despite being insulted by several members here, and despite the thread being moved, (no comment on that btw), he still managed to find it and continues to selflessly give.

Ditto.
New post info from user?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
For the record, I have already gotten about 80% of what I wanted, and pretty much 100% of what I needed. I am literally down to only 3 key questions/requests and at that point we will have retrieved all of the previously unknown information from what he personally has shown us he has. So this is already, hands down, the single most successful acquisition of proto information in history. It is unprecedented. So any and all complaints by those who don't care or simply don't understand the relevance of it all, simply don't matter.
I look forward to reading the updates to your page then. Despite being all the rage these days, no one really does indepth prototype info pages these days.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This^
I look forward to reading updates on your page.

Thanks again, for the MVS carts sent my way. I’ve really enjoyed playing them and appreciate the help you’ve given me.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
I am literally down to only 3 key questions/requests and at that point we will have retrieved all of the previously unknown information from what he personally has shown us he has.
What are these 3 key questions/requests?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

Ditto.
lolol the pathetic levels you stoop to never cease to amaze me. i still get surprised by you and i don't know why i have any expectations of you.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
All the recent data/information coming out on these Neo protos cannot be a coincidence. Especially the timing with the MOTW2 assets and SNK announcing a new Garou project.

My guess is SNK is planning something and these people know it. Hell, they probably work for SNK or have some business relationship with them. They're either trying to hurry up and flex what they have in an attempt to sale or make record proof that "they had it before it was public".

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
All the recent data/information coming out on these Neo protos cannot be a coincidence. Especially the timing with the MOTW2 assets and SNK announcing a new Garou project.

My guess is SNK is planning something and these people know it. Hell, they probably work for SNK or have some business relationship with them. They're either trying to hurry up and flex what they have in an attempt to sale or make record proof that "they had it before it was public".
Kind of tin foil hat there, but it is pretty peculiar. Likely just a coincidence though.