US version of the Neo-50

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Was feeling nostalgic and watched an old SNK promo video from 1992 that many of us here have no doubt watched before.

However, something caught my eye when watching it this time around. @13:57, there appears to be a US red cab version of the Neo-50. The console looks just like a regular 4-slot Rev. 1 cab, just without the monitor.

Anyone else aware of this existing? Might just be the rarest cab next to the pink mini-cab.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Looks like a standard rear projection TV and a setup they made for the show, tbh. Rather than a US neo 50.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, I agree with the Moz... looks like a rear-projection mounted on a custom SNK branded riser.

Man, how I wish I could go back to those days. The biggest problem the world had back then was trying to figure out why some people thought Seinfeld was funny.

Fygee

20 Year Member
That's the screen it's connected to. Note the squat cabinet without the monitor in the bottom left corner. Here's some screens.

And yeah, it seems pretty likely these were made just for this expo, but nonetheless they're basically a US version of it.
Neo2.PNGNeo3.PNGNeo1.PNG

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah
Made for the show

They had no US 50 cabs unlike Japan

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That's the screen it's connected to. Note the squat cabinet without the monitor in the bottom left corner. Here's some screens.

And yeah, it seems pretty likely these were made just for this expo, but nonetheless they're basically a US version of it.
View attachment 56333View attachment 56334View attachment 56332
The setup reminds me of those old showcase cabs from Dynamo, etc that started popping up in the latter 90’s/early 2000’s, just with the screen set much farther away from the pedestal-style deck to accommodate viewing on the showfloor for attendees walking by:
43C45C04-5070-457D-BEDF-8D8BB85A6EA7.jpeg
4296AB39-6483-4203-B678-2E76C5321977.jpeg

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The setup reminds me of those old showcase cabs from Dynamo, etc that started popping up in the latter 90’s/early 2000’s, just with the screen set much farther away from the pedestal-style deck to accommodate viewing on the showfloor for attendees walking by:
View attachment 56336
View attachment 56337
That's what it was most likely since I dimly recall seeing that particular cabinet at the Las Vegas Fun Expo many moons ago (I miss the days of going to the trade shows on a yearly basis and there's one going on as I speak in Vegas). I converted one of those big-ass and heavy Dynamos into a Marvel vs Capcom and a 4 slot Neo-Geo in my previous workplace. Both played well until the monitor on one went belly up.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Makes me wonder if they still might be stored somewhere in a warehouse.

I miss going to tradeshows here too, though for me it's been because of COVID. As big as the LV Convention Center and Mandalay Bay CC are, still too many people with cooties.

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
i remember in town in new york weschester was arcade place name sport time they have 2 big standard rear projection TV and 2 squat cabinet with street fighter 2 arcade