Usa only

Voodoohead

Morden's Lackey
hey dudes.

can somebody explain to me why so many ebay sellers dont send their items to europe?
it really gets on my nerves....

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
bad experience overall due to "didn't arrive", "customs taxes are super expensive, I don't want the item"... or just too lazy to ship overseas prolly.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
If they don't mind cutting their buyer demographic to a fraction of what it could be, fuck 'em :)

The only place I don't ship to is Russia, because their cold war holdover customs service takes at least a month to clear, which is long enough for the buyer to claim from eBay and PayPal.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
From personal experience, Europe's Post Offices can be pretty shady as well with items.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been buying junk I don't need from all over the world for the last 15 years and I've never had a single item go missing, so I don't really see the issue. Perhaps it is people using the whole 'it didn't arrive' excuse to get their money back on items, it would probably be harder to trace if it's international.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If they don't mind cutting their buyer demographic to a fraction of what it could be, fuck 'em :)

The only place I don't ship to is Russia, because their cold war holdover customs service takes at least a month to clear, which is long enough for the buyer to claim from eBay and PayPal.

Russia isn't the worst country. Thailand is. Customs won't bother to contact recipients. Boxes will sit in a post office forever. Laziness and complete disregard for professionalism. Thailand.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder

The sheer scale of the generalization amused me :)

Russia isn't the worst country. Thailand is. Customs won't bother to contact recipients. Boxes will sit in a post office forever. Laziness and complete disregard for professionalism. Thailand.

Man, that sounds fucking shocking!
But also kinda like a Travel Ad. :)

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I don't ship to Europe unless I know the person is reputable. I've had Euro's attempt to burn me on ebay auctions claiming they didn't receive the item. Also Italy and Spain's postal system is a fucking black hole and corrupt as fuck.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can only speak for myself, but unless something is super cheap I'll only send something that is trackable with signature confirmation, and to ship something of any decent size out of country is really, really expensive. If I know the person well I may ship it a cheaper way and take the risk, but not very often.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I don't ship to Europe unless I know the person is reputable. I've had Euro's attempt to burn me on ebay auctions claiming they didn't receive the item. Also Italy and Spain's postal system is a fucking black hole and corrupt as fuck.

thats my deal too.

ive made exceptions for some newer people that seemed ok under the guise of you need to pay via paypal gift and still got mixed results. If i know you and you are overseas- then no problem.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
TBH... shipping abroad is a royal pain in the ass.... wherever you are...

The amount of times I've lost out on shipping costs sending stuff from the UK to the International guys on here... would make most people cry:)

xROTx

PS. I've never had any probs with getting stuff from abroad tho.... Must be the way I word a PM:D

This, I hate filling out the forms and the vast majority of problems Ive had with transactions have been overseas. Also paypals coverage used to be just about worthless for transactions out of the country, I'm not sure if its still the same way. Im usually not desperate to sell either, so I can wait for a usa customer. I have no qualms shipping out of the country for people Ive dealt with numerous times or consider friends, that list is closed to new people though I dont care how good their feedback is. It's just a pain all around.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

So basically it comes down to two shithole countries ruining it for everybody else.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Also Italy and Spain's postal system is a fucking black hole and corrupt as fuck.

This.

I had several items held at customs for as long as 3 fucking months. Last time I had to tell them if they didn't accept all the documents I've sent for like the 10th time (because they arrived to them "unreadable" - bullshit) I would call the police and involve them and then they decided to clear it and finally send to me.

Since that day years ago I always ask for the seller to declare low values to try and evade customs altogether. I'm 100% cool with paying taxes (which are outrageously high) and shit but waiting for 3 goddamn months and risking not receiving my item? Fuck that.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
hey dudes.

can somebody explain to me why so many ebay sellers dont send their items to europe?
it really gets on my nerves....

If rare game does not stay in Japan, then it belongs in USA (or Canada).

Hahaha!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
As others have said, it depends on the buyer. If it's a regular then yes. If I have no clue who the person is, probably not.

Especially if the person wants the item shipped as cheaply as possible. Get tracking & Insurance, it's worth it for the peace of mind for both parties.

That being said, I did ship as cheaply as possible to two European members i knew without problems.