V-pins ... Your thoughts?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I own the Atgames Legends PInball and a V Pin made by a local guy.

I've owned Attack From Mars 1up too.

Do they replace the real thing? No, but they scratch the itch, are cheaper, take less space, play hundreds of games, are little to no maintenance.

If I want the real thing, I'm 10 minutes from the world famous SS Billiards and 15 minutes from Tilt/Litt Pinball Bar, a local hotspot that gets all the newest games.

What say you? Any of you own or built your own V Pin? Do you use VPX or Future Pinball? Do you own any of the commercially made ones like the ALP, AFM 1up, or Toyshock? What do you "real" pinheads think of V Pins?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If I could own one real pinball machine it would be this one,
Otherwise I enjoy v-pin quite a bit and would like to own some kind of machine even if it was just one of those tabletop deals you drop a tablet into.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
owning pinball machines is like owning a classic car. Something is always broken.
The v tables i played on were rather good, but not the same thing. At the same time, I am not a pinball hobbyist that wants to wrench on my table every weekend.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
As a pinball owner I can attest to something is always broken. I mean you’re literally beating up the features with steel balls, it’s amazing they hold up as well as they do.

That said playing pinball on a screen takes out basically everything that makes it so fun. It’s mechanical, the table makes a lot of noises when coils are being powered and the flashing lights are enough to cause someone unlucky to have an epileptic seizure. You really can’t fake the funk.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
V Pinball isn't pinball, same as videogame football/basketball isn't real football or basketball. You can still have fun and some vpinball can come somewhat close to mimicking the experience.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Being the owner of actual pins, I just can't do virtual pinball. They're fairly neat, but it is hard to go to this when you play the real thing almost every day.