Very Small Neo Geo MVS Startup collection.

zed7

n00b
Had a huge realization I love old games and preserving them... then arcade machines also caught my attention. Got my first Neo Geo and working on getting it all nice and pretty and then going crazy for the games, some look super cool. Wish they weren't so hard to find :C

Proper details:
Dynamo HS-9 Cabinet conversion
MVS-2F Board
KOF 97" Cart w/ Mini marquee
Bust a move with box & Poor condition mini marquee

90142185_803747003444820_7896399976169734144_o.jpg
2H6MGPp.jpg

zed7

n00b
After fiddling with the forum for about 10 minutes... I just noticed the bust a move cartridge and box doesnt have serial numbers on it.. I guess I gotta head over to the boot or no boot forums to get that figured out.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
It's nice to see new people getting into the Neo. Can't wait to see how your collection grows.

zed7

n00b
Well, it's finally done. I'm having a blast even though I suck at KOF 97 and Puzzle bobble, can't wait to put more time into it.

Monitor needs some work, curl over at the top, geometry issues, and some purity issue because I broke the purity ring (oops) but it is definitely playable and looks relatively good. Going to through a random Jamma board in the cabinet to see if the NG game board is causing the curl over or if it's something with the monitor.

So far I've made it to round 3 in KOF 97, and round 16 in puzzle bobble on 1 credit. Gonna take some practice

done.jpg

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Nice little start to your collection. Try to be patient so you find the right deals and don't blow your load all at once and regret it.

zed7

n00b
I think this is the right deal... $500 CAD for this non working dedicated, with Metal Slug X, Ragnagard, Ninja Commando, and Last Blade. The Last Blade and Ninja Commando mini marquees are legit. gotta replace this shoddy PSU and see how it runs. pretty excited :)

Dedicated.jpg

zed7

n00b
I think it's finally time to update this.. I ended up trading Ragnagard to mmsadda for a KOF98 and bootleg neo bomberman... as well as a local friend giving me a bunch of MVS games for very affordable prices. I'm now at 12 games, and only one being a bootleg. I got the 4 slot working, did the LED panel upgrade, but I still need to install Unibios, battery and NeoSaveMasta for some high score goodness soon.

The control panel needs a bit more work to make it how I want, and the monitor is quite... bad. I intend on doing a tube swap to make the picture significantly better than it is now, but I got ahead of myself and bought way too many projects.

Most importantly, I used this cabinet as my capstone project for my senior year of High School, and received a very positive response to my presentation on it. Some teachers who had no interest in games were now considering going to a local arcade! It felt good to show people my progress with learning how to troubleshoot and utilize new (to me) tools such as an oscilloscope.

Here's a photo of the current game lineup (including Ninja Commando, Last Blade and Bust-A-Move in the machine)

20211008_202535.jpg