VIDEO ADDED! - I'm Making a JAMMA Compatible Arcade Shooter - Come Play It for Free!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
The video was awesome, thanks for sharing! My favorite part so far is the amount of detail in the stage, you can really tell the amount of work that went into it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
want..to..play..it.........................

edit: I love how the player count is measured in "guys" :lolz:

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Damn good work! Would it be possible to put this on a neo cart? That would bypass the need for custom HW.

If not, I dig the concept of a JAMMA board that loads games off SD card as a platform :)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Damn good work! Would it be possible to put this on a neo cart? That would bypass the need for custom HW.

If not, I dig the concept of a JAMMA board that loads games off SD card as a platform :)

^this!
Also with the cps2 multicart you could easily run custom games that way via sd slot as well. Assuming you could port it obviously...

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Vid looks terrific. Can't wait to JAMMA dat into mah supergun.

P.S. Didn't Darksoft mention that the CPS2 multicart project will allow new game production on that platform? Perhaps this could be the first big release (and save some redundant hardware work).

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That looked really good in motion, nice job! I hope you can get the pcb cost down to your goal price.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Vid looks terrific. Can't wait to JAMMA dat into mah supergun.

P.S. Didn't Darksoft mention that the CPS2 multicart project will allow new game production on that platform? Perhaps this could be the first big release (and save some redundant hardware work).

It would be a huge jump going from x86 code to assembly for the 68000. At this point a modern jamma PCB with SD interface is sounding pretty sweet.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Thanks for the video sneak peak! Game is looking great, I love the little touches like the starting voice over and the closeup on the pilots face as he's firing away.

Much too far away to make it to the event, but I'm looking forward to playing one day!

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks guys, I admit that I refresh this thread way too often to see what you guys have to say. It really means a great deal coming from guys with such discerning tastes.

We are still juggling around options for hardware, but largely because of the complexity of moving to assembly, I doubt we will release on CPSII or MVS, at least initially. Also the idea of hacking existing boards makes me a little uneasy.

Once we start to get further along on the project, I'd love to ping ideas off you guys about how we might move forward. We are considering abandoning the idea of a Kickstarter because the market is so saturated with KS projects and I think the kickstarter route is starting to turn a lot of people off. We may just bite the bullett and self fund or perhaps look for a publishing partner.

Regardless, some custom hardware version of this WILL be released on a JAMMA format.

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
We are considering abandoning the idea of a Kickstarter because the market is so saturated with KS projects and I think the kickstarter route is starting to turn a lot of people off.

I know I speak for a couple people on this forum, and a bunch of personal friends - if this thing went on Kickstarter, we'd totally back it. Speaking for myself - I'm EXTREMELY picky about what I back on KS or Indiegogo, but you sir will take my money. And you will LIKE IT.

Frenetic

New Challenger
Dang, this looks really cool. Maybe once this gets finished we could feature it on the YouTube show STGWeekly. Would you be open to an interview and talking about it?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
my friends and i have been discussing making our own beat em up for 2 years now but are all really busy etc etc,
needless to say i sent this out and we're getting together tomorrow to make shit happen.

Thanks for the inspiration dude, and i would also back this in Kickstarter

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Not to be too picky but will there be a general points score available? The kills counter is cool, but does that mean those larger planes which take a while to kill and the bosses only count for one kill each?

Not trying to overstep my bounds and tell you guys how to make your game or anything. Under Defeat came to mind, which does have a standard point score, but also tells you how my (individual) ppl you killed at the end of each mission.

good luck with the Loke Test, this looks fantastic!

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Dude. Sorry I didn't make it out to the play test. Unforeseen responsibilities unfortunately took precedence.

Damn I wish I didn't miss this! :( Hopefully something else will be planned later down the road...

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
So the loke test was incredible. Not to be overly dramatic, but it was one of the happiest nights of my life. Over three hundred people came to play and apparently it was one of the biggest nights the brewery had ever had. There was a point where there was a line of nearly a hundred people to play!

If you couldn't make it, we have two events coming up soon that I would love to see some of you guys at!

March 6th and 7th - Louisville Arcade Expo: http://www.arcaderx.com/
April 11th and 12th - Midwest Gaming Classic: http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Event.jpg

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
that's absolutely nutz man! congrats, looks like it was very well received! very happy for you and your crew!

edit: I friggin love the emblem on the side with Die a Hero.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
That's a fucking sexy cab. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game in the future.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Very very cool - will continue to follow.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
So the loke test was incredible. Not to be overly dramatic, but it was one of the happiest nights of my life. Over three hundred people came to play and apparently it was one of the biggest nights the brewery had ever had. There was a point where there was a line of nearly a hundred people to play!
Huge congrats, man! Watching people enjoy something you've created is a treat, to say the least!
-ud

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

If you couldn't make it, we have two events coming up soon that I would love to see some of you guys at!

March 6th and 7th - Louisville Arcade Expo: http://www.arcaderx.com/
April 11th and 12th - Midwest Gaming Classic: http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

View attachment 22670

Geez and they say the arcade scene in the US is dead!