Video Game Related Tattoos

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
So far my only game related tattoo is Sonic the Hedgehog on the front of my leg.

Was thinking about getting Knuckles next to Sonic and a small, pixelated Galaga ship to fill up a spot on my arm.

Also, I remember about 10 years ago I wanted to get the whole TurboGrafx logo. As much as I love that system, that would've looked horrible and I'm glad it didn't happen.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I went through a period where I wanted to get an 8 bit pixelated mario tattoo. Kinda glad I didn't go through with it. My last tattoo I got was my daughters foot prints.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I went through a period where I wanted to get an 8 bit pixelated mario tattoo. Kinda glad I didn't go through with it. My last tattoo I got was my daughters foot prints.

This 100%.

Like any pop culture...you want to own it but it doesn't work that way. Our generation was the 8-bit era...in my mind, 8-bit mario belongs to me and those of us who was there to go through the entire journey...but that's not how it works. Every hipster goofball born >1995 has/wants some tattoo of some pixel art made a decade before they were born. Getting one means joining those ranks in the eyes of the mass public and I refuse to do such a thing. It's not different than those morons and their NES controller t-shirt with "classically trained" written underneath it...you know, they guy who was born in 1998...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thank you! Still not regretting it even a little.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Can I have permission to use your face as my avatar? It's a really good face.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Got this one back when I was a teenager lol I’ll be an SNK fan for life :lolz:

8DB1ECE7-500B-4D1A-A6E7-3D718AE175BA.jpeg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Oh yeah???

Screenshot_2020-07-04-19-59-29.png

Sadly it is not actually mine just one of those things of look at all the 'bad'tattoos this person does from bored panda or some junk.

Would have just pmd but had to screen grab as they don't share nice and pm only allow url imagery

Last edited:

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I’m not into tattoos myself but if it makes you happy to have mega man art on you then right on. Good thing it came out well, I know a ton of people who have tattoos that their artist most of had a bad day and fumbled it. ( or they where being cheap and got a crappy tattoo artist?)

Last edited:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I got this one a year or two ago, I think it turned out well. This was right after it was done, the whites and blues looked a lot better after it healed.

65142848_1153290538211077_3497732090672185344_o_20190629163539393.jpg

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I got this one a year or two ago, I think it turned out well. This was right after it was done, the whites and blues looked a lot better after it healed.

View attachment 57084
That's pretty badass man, but I'm sure the filling for that was hell. Did you ever get it touched up?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Yeah... those of you with larger pieces / sleeves
How long did it take, what do you wish you knew going in?

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
That's pretty badass man, but I'm sure the filling for that was hell. Did you ever get it touched up?

Thanks. I never got anything else done to it. After it healed the lightning and Shielder's eye lost that red tint, plus it wraps to touch some stuff I have on the other side so I didn't have any room left to add to it. I can't seem to hold the camera myself and take a decent pic where it doesn't look distorted.

GnG.jpg

I want to know how much that cost

I don't remember the exact price, but the usual quote is $100 per hour.

One of the coolest cover art pieces ever! How many hours did that take?

Thank you. Two sessions, not counting smoke breaks and time spent bullshitting it was probably around 6+ hours.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Here’s a picture when this was super fresh 4 years ago. Was my first tattoo, took 4 hours.

I wanted this as a tattoo since I was 13 back in the late 90s, and I originally wanted it smaller. Artist told me the pixels would just deform after a few years, so we went with it bigger. Still looks good.

I’m probably not getting any other video game tattoos. Megaman is pretty important to me, and has been my favorite game character for nearly 30 years and I waited nearly 20 years before actually getting it done.

d50a9e8722a60d02f7daf691d2b214bb.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I am still upset that the mods modded/edited my tattoo poll/thread.

I was planning on getting a video game related tattoo and I wanted the forum's feedback.

They ruined that!