VIdeo ram error ?

Nja4k

n00b
Hmmm .. helpp ... this is all that comes up on screen .. what does it mean ? my board is doa ?

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
I thikn it is DOA, but I seen an ebay auction for replacement Video Ram chips. I don't know if I trust them or not; as I have not had to use them thank god. But might be worth a shot. They're cheap.

do a search for VIDEO RAM SNK NEO GEO in ebay

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Oh man that stinks after you just put in a new power supply..

I forget now..Did your cab,motherboard work before you put in the new Power supply..?
(Can't find old thread)

Nja4k

n00b
yea ..

i believe it worked a while back ... =-T i put it into storage for a while though .. i kept the board and all inside so i dont know what the problem would be ..

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
ive had that exact problem before...
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but...
basically one of the 6 Video Ram chips has gone bad and needs to be replaced...

you need a Flat pack Soldering iron.. and Flatpack Soldering skills... ( yeah its pretty tough )

also... if your doing it yourself.. im pretty sure you'll need a Logic Probe to test which one is bad..

The Numbers on the screen Tell you exactly which chip is bad.. and what section... I wish i knew which is which... but i dont..

yes, im 100 % sure.. i talked with my repair guy AND Nightmare tony ( former snk repair guy ) about this prob for HOURS .. bummed me out.. but at least i now know and can pass the knowledge on to others..

since my Soldering skills are sub-par ... i personally spent the money to have a local Repair guy do it for me... yeah it cost me $90 .. but it also comes with a Warrenty for the next 6 months... which THAT alone makes it worth it to me...

any way .. Bottom line.. send it in... take it in ... to a repair guy... if you dont have exellent soldering skills and the resources to find replacement chips...

PS: .. If anyone has the Scematics for the Neo Geo Boards feel free to share.. id LOVE to get my hands on some of those...

Nja4k

n00b
well thank you very much for the reply nallchan .. hey if it wasnt one thing it would have to be another right ? hehehe ohh wells time to look for a 4 slot =-x i wonder if i can find a nice working one and not get jerked in the process ..

Nja4k

n00b
ohh yea ..

on brighter note i did get a chance to play some snk vs capcom =-D that seemed to work without a hitch .. too bad my 2slot dont work though i would have loved to play some bust a move .. if you guys know of anyone that might beable to repair my board i'd gladly ship it out and pay to have it done .. reasonably of course ..

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
well if you decide you cant get them fixed or would rather invest in some new boards let me know.. id rather go out and get it fixed then dump 200 + dollars on a new one.. ya know ? :cool:

in any result.. good luck with the boards..

( oh yeah ? i still havent gotten a chance with SNK vs Capcom .. any good ? .. i still have Samurai Showdown 5 keeping my attention .. although its unbalanced... its still fun )

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Nallchan, the 8000 address points to the CXK5814 RAMs instead of the flatpack 256 rams. I had emailed him the details, I think it is more likely a snapped trace rather than a fully bad RAM.

also, you can use TMM2018-45 instead of the CXK-5814s.

dont forget to use a socket.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Nightmare Tony said:
Nallchan, the 8000 address points to the CXK5814 RAMs instead of the flatpack 256 rams. I had emailed him the details, I think it is more likely a snapped trace rather than a fully bad RAM.

also, you can use TMM2018-45 instead of the CXK-5814s.

dont forget to use a socket.

OMG man, nice to see ya here!

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro

thanks, Dan. Good to be back. Had some login problems for the longest time for some wierd reason, kept me from here. During that time, I went wild and ended up doing such things as purchasing amusement park rides from a local park. In fact, I can show you pictures round my farm, check out farm pictures or haunt trade pix here at

briefcase.yahoo.com/nightmaretony

realize that that entire land is mine, and I live alone. Still having fun getting the place into shape, roofing the new workshop, construction. Fantastic change of life from living in the city....

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Nightmare Tony said:

thanks, Dan. Good to be back. Had some login problems for the longest time for some wierd reason, kept me from here. During that time, I went wild and ended up doing such things as purchasing amusement park rides from a local park. In fact, I can show you pictures round my farm, check out farm pictures or haunt trade pix here at

briefcase.yahoo.com/nightmaretony

realize that that entire land is mine, and I live alone. Still having fun getting the place into shape, roofing the new workshop, construction. Fantastic change of life from living in the city....

Checking it out now...

Guess you never heard how little Danny Boy did with his JAMMA Test Rig science fair project... well I don't wanna spam any more, you can PM me if you'd like :)