Viewpoint 2064

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I got it too. Something needs to be modified to get it to work on Everdrives?

set the save type to 4Kbit on 64drive. Or give it a game ID and add VP=1 under its game ID in save database on Everdrive 64.

I am not sure how to interpret that. Maybe I will play with it tomorrow.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
thanks for sharing this! I read about it a while back and pretty much accepted that we'd never be able to play it. this is excellent news!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I agree this is excellent news, and definitely wasn’t expected.

But, my god the N64 looks like shit in 2020. Those graphics with the super shallow field of vision, I can see why this was scrapped.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I got it too. Something needs to be modified to get it to work on Everdrives?

I am not sure how to interpret that. Maybe I will play with it tomorrow.

Yeah you need to make a entry into the save_db.txt in the ED64 folder on your ed.

Copy and paste this in:

0x5D40ED2C=1 (Viewpoint2064)

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Wow I had never heard about this until now. I watched some footage on YouTube and it doesn't look very good. It looks more like a starfox 64 mod then a true viewpoint game.

Too bad they didn’t make it in the same style as the Neo original.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Wow I had never heard about this until now. I watched some footage on YouTube and it doesn't look very good. It looks more like a starfox 64 mod then a true viewpoint game.

Too bad they didn’t make it in the same style as the Neo original.

Still not played it yet (wifes still in bed!)
But apparently it plays quite well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
played the first couple stages, draw distance is just horrible. It's interesting but kinda dull overall.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
AES physical copy coming soon no doubt...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
But, my god the N64 looks like shit in 2020. Those graphics with the super shallow field of vision, I can see why this was scrapped.

I was watching some gaming documentaries on YT about various systems, among them the N64, and was actually quite surprised about Mario 64 which IMO has aged much better than some PSX or SAT games from the same era.

But yeah, there are lotsa N64 games that look like ass now, that's early 3D stuff for you. Hell, I undusted my 32X several weeks ago and played Metal Head for a while, back then I was floored by its graphics, sound and sampled speech but it has completely lost its visual appeal now, even though I still like the gameplay.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I think you have to play these things with a mind set of the time.

There is no point judging them on their GFX by todays standards, I think its easier with 2D stuff as when they made the jump to 3D they were considered the shit and not much has come along since to knock them off their pedestal.
Although 2D games do seem to be making a come back lately.

Where as 3D gfx was very much in their infancy on the PS1 and N64.
Just gota play to enjoy and experience.

Anyways back to view point, Its ok IMO.

Nothing special or terrible just ok.
The targeting ret confused the shit outa me to start and I dont think I have worked out the controls fully.
It looks like you can change weapons but I have not worked out how yet.
But you do have a lock on missile attack as well as your regular guns.

Managed to get to the level 2 boss with ease then got hammered lol
shooters never been my strong point but its worth a play.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I think you have to play these things with a mind set of the time.

There is no point judging them on their GFX by todays standards, I think its easier with 2D stuff as when they made the jump to 3D they were considered the shit and not much has come along since to knock them off their pedestal.
Although 2D games do seem to be making a come back lately.

Where as 3D gfx was very much in their infancy on the PS1 and N64.
Just gota play to enjoy and experience.

Oh, I try to get in the right mindset all the time or fall into it just like that in most cases, for ex. when I'm playing Commie or Speccy games. Some of them don't look very attractive by today's standards but gameplay is still there. I've never judged a game purely based on visuals alone.

Still, I think classic 2D games have aged better than early 3D games overall

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I seem to have no trouble putting myself back into the mindset of the time when the console is from. I also still want to pay 1995 prices for the games.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I seem to have no trouble putting myself back into the mindset of the time when the console is from. I also still want to pay 1995 prices for the games.

$70 for Super Mario 64?

I kid, but I can actually enjoy the dated graphics from the 3DO today. You do have to go with a different perspective when it comes to graphics, though.

Edit: an open perspective, that is.

nmsc

n00b
I love seeing when games like this get found and released , but unfortunately it's just not very good.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Oh, I try to get in the right mindset all the time or fall into it just like that in most cases, for ex. when I'm playing Commie or Speccy games. Some of them don't look very attractive by today's standards but gameplay is still there. I've never judged a game purely based on visuals alone.

I prefer the scaling effects of the 16-bit era to the early 3D. Mario 64 looked good but a lot of games tried to do too much with it.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member

I agree with you 100% 2d gaming from the 16bit era still looks great. I absolutely loved the n64 when I was young but I have a real hard time playing most of the games these days. A few of the games do look acceptable but most are hard to enjoy.

With the release of doom 64 on modern consoles, I’ve been debating ditching the platform as I mainly kept it since I’m a huge doom fan. However the clear funtastic consoles just look to cool to part with ( I like smoke the best).

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Put this on my everdrive, and its ok. Nothing spectacular but nothing terrible either.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
bbh was streaming it on twitch and i can see why it was cancel.