Visco License Obtained by Pixelheart Games

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
They're not doing an MVS release of Andro Dunos 2, are they?

Not that I give a shit about Ganryu, but it's be nice to see licensed kids drop for less than a loose MVS cart goes for

TonK

Least Valuable Player
They're not doing an MVS release of Andro Dunos 2, are they?

Not that I give a shit about Ganryu, but it's be nice to see licensed kids drop for less than a loose MVS cart goes for
Idk, but the switch version has this little MVS kit in the CE.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I got the Andro Dunos 2 MVS Switch version.
Same here. I picked up a regular ps4 copy of Andro Dunos II.

I’m not interested in the repro rereleases, but I figured $30 wasn’t a bad price to check out Andro Dunos 2.

I read on Twitter they have just announced Ganryu 2 too, but can't find a source.

Edit: it was just a logo tease with no announcement:

That’s interesting. I didn’t know they were planning to attempt a Ganryu sequel. Thank you for sharing that bit of news.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I’m not interested in the repro rereleases, but I figured $30 wasn’t a bad price to check out Andro Dunos 2.
That's the way to go, yet, I'm still not sure. AD is one of my die-hard favorites, so this sequel can only loose in comparison. Obviously the whole trick is to forget any comparisons between the two and just play the sequel carte blanche, but it's easier said than done. There's hope my curiosity will win, though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Shit is wack as hell. ADII not having music or assets by anyone that had anything to do w/ ADI, is s t o o p i d.

...and, in true bootleg stylee-they are going to stamp the back of the manuals. There is also a disclaimer that SNK hasn’t authorized or approved this. This is barely a step above NGF.

Attachments

• FFD3C2AF-35EE-4D68-A7EF-B19EE94C7758.jpeg
    FFD3C2AF-35EE-4D68-A7EF-B19EE94C7758.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 32

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Thanks Tonk for sharing this for those interested. I just got the email about the aes preorders and Andro Dunos II.

Looks like the Andro Dunos II preorders are now up for anyone looking for that one as well:

View attachment 46614
ANDRO DUNOS II, The sequel of a famous shoot'em up
Andro Dunos II will be released on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox ONE, Dreamcast, 3DS and STEAM.
The physical versions of these supports are available for pre-order on our website!
The Switch and PS4 version will include a Limited edition and a MVS edition.
Most versions will be limited, numerated and each game will come with its PixelHeart certificate of authenticity.

View attachment 46615
After months and years of collaboration with this wonderful Japanese studio, we are delighted to announce that we have just acquired the complete catalog of VISCO CORPORATION games.
Thanks to their experience accumulated through the decades, they allow us to get back incredible licenses that we can't wait to make you discover.
You can now pre-order 5 NEO GEO AESgames in US or Japanese edition on our website
These games are limited editions, numberedand accompanied by a certificate of authenticity PixelHeart.
Enjoy the code "Pixelheartlive" which offers 15% on your order. This code will be active until Sunday, March 28th 2021 at midnight
They said entire catalog but where is the 1st Breakers game?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Shit is wack as hell. ADII not having music or assets by anyone that had anything to do w/ ADI, is s t o o p i d.

...and, in true bootleg stylee-they are going to stamp the back of the manuals. There is also a disclaimer that SNK hasn’t authorized or approved this. This is barely a step above NGF.

Sup wataru330, I definitely get what you’re saying regarding the repros. Though they’re not for me either, I know there’s a demand for stuff like that (all those nes and snes “iam8bit” repro carts come to mind).

Regarding ADII, that makes sense, though what you said could apply to a lot of retro follow-up projects like Blaster Master Zero, River City Girls, Shinobi 3DS, Sonic Mania, Streets of Rage 4, etc etc

They said entire catalog but where is the 1st Breakers game?

Good catch. I wonder if they’re holding back due to the upcoming “Breakers Collection”.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There is also a disclaimer that SNK hasn’t authorized or approved this. This is barely a step above NGF.
That's standard though. New releases for old platforms are never licensed by the platform owner. This is maybe barely different than NCI's releases. They're even selling Bang Bang Busters on AES again.

Bit off topic, but if anyone still for some reason wants NCI's release of Andro Dunos for NGCD, Goldenshop in Hong Kong still has it for sale for the normal price. You don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for it on Ebay, like people are doing. Not that I'm suggesting you necessarily support that release.

And ADII is a licensed fan sequel.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Andro Dunos II pre-orders are up for the 3DS and Dreamcast. I dipped on the 3DS Version.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That's the way to go, yet, I'm still not sure. AD is one of my die-hard favorites, so this sequel can only loose in comparison. Obviously the whole trick is to forget any comparisons between the two and just play the sequel carte blanche, but it's easier said than done. There's hope my curiosity will win, though.
Yo whats up oliverclaude, how is everything?

I hear ya. These new sequel projects usually don’t quite live up to all the hype, but the trailer at least looked like a solid time for the $30/or a fun 1cc attempt.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'll buy it, but only if they remove Pielle from Breakers.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone have pictures of the boards on these? I think one of them is already out...Bang Busters maybe? Just curious

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Anyone have pictures of the boards on these? I think one of them is already out...Bang Busters maybe? Just curious
Bang Bang Busters and Ganryu released last year already. All of the materials that go into the game, snaplock case, cart shell, boards, they’re all the same as an NCI bootleg.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Gotta love how the voice actor was an inch away from the mic when they recorded his lines.
I'm forever amazed that the sound engineer was like "....yeah, good enough."

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
I should stop being autistic but the accuracy of the inserts and labels vs original games is giving me headaches

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
I noticed my local game show stocked a few of these Pixelheart titles, but no Breaker or Andro. When I asked the guy at the front if they were gonna get these he looked at me like I had 5 heads. Breakers is one of my favorite games so to have it on a home console would be nice.