Walsdawg Arcade---FS: Mortal Kombat Kick Condensers, Naomi CF Kits

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the deal:

After talking with Brandon about possibly buying some of his discontinued items before they were completely gone, we came to a deal where I will begin to offer some of his pcb designs for sale to you guys in addition to my designs and services that I also offer. Also remember that you can order Darksoft products(SuperBIOS, ST-V multi, CPS2 Multi-when available) from me.

If there is a product from Summitt Arcade that you want but don't see offered here then please message Brandon (Toplessz on KLOV) and ask if he still has it. He will continue to sell security PICs for sure. If there is enough interest for a certain product that he no longer has then it is possible I will begin to sell it.

So here are my first two 'licensed' design I will be selling:

Naomi CF kit---$100 or $125 shipped
I will be selling these for $100 shipped by itself or $125 shipped with a game (AW2Naomi games included) Priority Mail in the US. Standard First Class everywhere else. I love these because they offer the ability to load games from a CF card without those horribly ugly rat's nests of wires people have out there.

14vlq4o.jpg

I mean, I know they are cheap, but c'mon!

2ue7lvp.jpg

jhpy6x.jpg

NOTE: The CF card is a placeholder for the picture. Larger cards are used for games.

Midway Mortal Kombat Kick Harness Condenser---$55 shipped
$55 shipped. Priority in the US. Standard First Class everywhere else. This is used to allow you to install multiple PCBs in one cabinet and have everything prewired without control issues.

akilg1.jpg

Also remember I offer several services for CPS3 including battery swaps, SuperBIOS conversions, etc. I am also beginning to take orders for my Sega JVS Helper PCB. Look for a sale thread for that probably next week. Contact me with any questions!

20atgki.jpg

BTW--these are all hand assembled by me personally so allow two days after confirming your order for me to get them in the mail to you. I try to ship next day always but things happen occasionally. ;)

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
I hope you don't plan on hotgluing the wire contacts like he did...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Wow, some great stuff going on lately Mits! best o luck with everything!

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
I'll buy one of the CF kits for sure.

Awesome stuff.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you don't plan on hotgluing the wire contacts like he did...

Hotgleing wire contacts? There are no wire contacts. It has a SCSi2 port so you just need a SCSI2 cable. You can just use the one you use for a GD rom drive.

Tacitus

Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Hotgleing wire contacts? There are no wire contacts. It has a SCSi2 port so you just need a SCSI2 cable. You can just use the one you use for a GD rom drive.

I was talking about the unit I got from him originally, it was a hot glue disaster.

Also, you should've hit me up about this. You didn't need to license a design. The technical side is so stupidly simple you kick yourself when you find out how it's designed.

The SCSI cable far communication was a hilarious touch by sega. I'm wondering how many bootleggers tried to figure that out.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking about the unit I got from him originally, it was a hot glue disaster.

Also, you should've hit me up about this. You didn't need to license a design. The technical side is so stupidly simple you kick yourself when you find out how it's designed.

The SCSI cable far communication was a hilarious touch by sega. I'm wondering how many bootleggers tried to figure that out.

It isn't technically licensed. I'm just going to give him a bit of every sale of his design. I didn't need to sit and design anything out because he gave me his pcb files. So I just made a few changes and went with it. It's worth the time I saved having to learn how it works and then drawing the pcb myself. I see all sorts of videos for the homemade wire-mess units and I wanted something clean looking and after a few conversations I decided to try to sell some since he wasn't going to anymore.

What do you mean about the SCSI cable? Did they try to fool people somehow? I'm not sure how it works, I just know that it does. lol

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've been meaning to do up a consolized CF NAOMI for CVS2 :D Though, I want to build the card reader into the case, so I'll likely forgo the nice board you have there. Excellent easy plug-in solution, though!
-ud

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

We had some discussion at KLOV about possibly getting a regular Naomi DIMM to work with a CF kit to load games. After a tip from a guy from some French forums and some testing here is the result:

Before conversion my DIMM was revision 1.02 (LOL)

So I can give you two options:

1.---I can convert a Normal DIMM to work with CF kits for $25 plus return shipping

2.---I will convert your DIMM for free if you buy a CF kit from me. (just pay additional return shipping)

What do yoose gais think?

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
YESSSSS. I figured it was possible :D And now people don't have to search the ends of the earth (or pay out the nose) for a Net DIMM, they can use their cheapo standard one. Great work! :D
-ud

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YESSSSS. I figured it was possible :D And now people don't have to search the ends of the earth (or pay out the nose) for a Net DIMM, they can use their cheapo standard one. Great work! :D
-ud

wurd!

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
For Those That Do Not Know:

1. NEVER EVER put NET-DIMM Firmware 4.02 on a DIMM board. You will kill the board.

2. The DIMM board Firmware was modified to bypass security protections and work with the Zero Key.

Guys,

We had some discussion at KLOV about possibly getting a regular Naomi DIMM to work with a CF kit to load games. After a tip from a guy from some French forums and some testing here is the result:

Before conversion my DIMM was revision 1.02 (LOL)

So I can give you two options:

1.---I can convert a Normal DIMM to work with CF kits for $25 plus return shipping

2.---I will convert your DIMM for free if you buy a CF kit from me. (just pay additional return shipping)

What do yoose gais think?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
Tyranix95 i understand that perfectly as the cpu is different on the board.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the fix required to use the reg dim?

An modified firmware to bypass protections to prevent brick on your nonnetdimm.
That's the main lines, others stuffs are done too.doing it on an bad procédure brick your dimmboard too causing exceptions.

Mitsu is the Man, official us reseller :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes
The main firmware process is working like an unmodified dimmboard.

It's like an cracked Atari St game with à big traîner for thoses who remember :)

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
pretty cool ! too bad it was not publicly released, but at least someone on here has access to it.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make it working almost one year ago, but seems not interresting for People, in my country(done only 5 upgrade, me included)
I talked about it with Darksoft then here it is.

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price lowered for CF kit. The kit includes a plug to power the CF pcb that you can use if you don't have the official GD-Rom power cable. Don't think I mentioned that before.