want to buy a consolized mvs...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Sorry still kinda new here.. didnt know no one liked him.

What makes his work not so good?

He's good if you want a bargain but his prices don't make sense. Whenever he puts his stuff up for auction it usually averages $150-250 but when you ask him to make you one he quotes you $400, you might as well bid on it.

I have no problem with him offering the service but the problem is the way his stuff looks. You would figure that someone who has made 100 superguns would be able to make his jacks at least straight in a line but no. He paints all his stuff red and sometimes blue and the fact that he paints over tape is just really poor craftsmanship which is why it makes no sense that he asks for $400 to build a CMVS. I take my time building the ones I do and make sure they look good. I guess he doesn't care.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
He's good if you want a bargain but his prices don't make sense. Whenever he puts his stuff up for auction it usually averages $150-250 but when you ask him to make you one he quotes you $400, you might as well bid on it.

I have no problem with him offering the service but the problem is the way his stuff looks. You would figure that someone who has made 100 superguns would be able to make his jacks at least straight in a line but no. He paints all his stuff red and sometimes blue and the fact that he paints over tape is just really poor craftsmanship which is why it makes no sense that he asks for $400 to build a CMVS. I take my time building the ones I do and make sure they look good. I guess he doesn't care.

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Easier to do that than to poke fun at my comments!

So just so i know, if i ever see someone asking for this service should i send them your way?, or if your not doing it atm anyone else i could send them too?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Nah, I'm not taking any CMVS orders right now since I have no time, just concentrating more on repairs and family.

JMKurtz is someone I know makes good stuff for a good price in the US.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
162   0   0

I like some of his newer ones that do HDMI out... you don't see that too often. I have no idea if it's a decent picture or not and his cuts are still janky as shit... but whatever at least he's someone you could go to in a pinch and get something that works.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like some of his newer ones that do HDMI out... you don't see that too often. I have no idea if it's a decent picture or not and his cuts are still janky as shit... but whatever at least he's someone you could go to in a pinch and get something that works.
Yeah, for a couple of days..

consolized_sega_st-v.jpg

This is a ST-V, apparently. Does he really think that ugly heap of shit looks better than the PCB?

I must admit though, the MVS units on his site don't look too bad. I bet the workmanship is shithouse though.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yeah, for a couple of days..

consolized_sega_st-v.jpg

This is a ST-V, apparently. Does he really think that ugly heap of shit looks better than the PCB?

I must admit though, the MVS units on his site don't look too bad. I bet the workmanship is shithouse though.

What has the world come to? Are turn tables no longer safe in these rough times?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else who makes a good looking consolized mvs?
I don't mind paying good money but want something that looks presentable.

molcos

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would recommend Neotropolis, might cost a bit but you get a good looking system.
And good honest communication all the way.

molcos

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is a link to an old thread i started when i got my system.
Refrain on commenting on the "autograph" it's a personal request from me and i think it looks good.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191549

Anyway good luck with your system.

Ps. I actually modded my system with RGB output myself, was easier then i thought and the picture was better then Component through the Jrok.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Haha, I remember that one. I think the sig adds character. I'd do the same to mine but I never tried signing my SN before so I'd be scared to do it and have to redo the powdercoating.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least is good to know that they are more people that love my stuff than a few that don't.
I receive messages every day on facebook of people that are really happy playing their arcade boards @ home or their CMVS.
I'm not a company nor a factory. This items are hand made and they are not supposed to be perfect cosmetically. On the other hand, the video, sound and how it plays remains perfect. That's the beauty of it. If all of those people that spent hundreds of dollars on my stuff cared about cosmetic perfection, they could just have gone to buy an xbox360 or ps3 and got a bunch of re-makes of arcade games. That would have been not that great on the games but "cosmetically perfect".

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
At least is good to know that they are more people that love my stuff than a few that don't.
I receive messages every day on facebook of people that are really happy playing their arcade boards @ home or their CMVS.
I'm not a company nor a factory. This items are hand made and they are not supposed to be perfect cosmetically. On the other hand, the video, sound and how it plays remains perfect. That's the beauty of it. If all of those people that spent hundreds of dollars on my stuff cared about cosmetic perfection, they could just have gone to buy an xbox360 or ps3 and got a bunch of re-makes of arcade games. That would have been not that great on the games but "cosmetically perfect".

You're missing the point. Your workmanship says you don't take pride in your work. I'm not a factory either but I take pride in what I put my name behind, I'm not out to make a quick buck. I try to put out quality builds for the customers that request my work.

It's even the small things that you do show you care at least. The "square" holes you cut out aren't even straight. Jojo, pickup a diamond file set and make the holes straight, it only takes 10 seconds to do but makes it look so much better.

Take pride in your work. Quality > Quantity, always.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol do you really think that I do this for the money?
I have plenty of money, I do this for the fun of it, because I like doing it. It calms me down from a long day in school. After i'm done with them I just put it on ebay hoping to make someone happy playing the games that I couldn't afford when I was younger. They are not that many people making this systems, and sometime I try to inovate and make thinks that other people haven't built before like the supergun with hdmi output, or the one with the lcd screen. I'm a full time student pursuing an electrical and computer engineering degree, and don't really have time to hang out in the forums like other people, nor I have time to spend hours building a single supergun. Like I said is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not perfect cosmetically. The inside of the systems are perfect, from all of the systems that I built before, only 2 broke after a couple of months, those guys sent me the systems, I fixed them for free and now the are happy, so, don't give me that quality > quantity crap.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
LOL, whatever dude. That reply just totally agreed with what I said. Well it doesn't matter to me, its your habit not mine.