want to buy a consolized mvs...

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm trying to find someone on these boards who can consolize an mvs for me....
who does the best work?

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Xian Xi is your man. Not sure if he's currently accepting orders though.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
A couple months ago, I saw some guy named LoupGarou (I think) selling some nice looking (and affordable) one-slots. Not sure if he actually builds them though.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I have an interest in a consolized MVS as well. But it seems nowadays only Neotropolis and Jojo are making them, and at very very high prices. No offense intended but Jojo's work doesn't really impress me. Neotropolis's prices are insane but I do feel he does good work at least.

I've been looking into what it would take to make one myself.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Pretty sure the bios is soldered in on the aes :), you can do a mod to put a socket into the aes though ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Excuse the question, but I didn’t notice an AES unibios upgrade tutorial, and was wondering if the bios is just a socket bios. If so, is it as easy as opening it up, popping out the socket and replacing?

That's a tricky one because desoldering the AES bios isn't as easy as it seems. I didn't make one because I'm afraid some noobs would try to do it and accidentally rip traces because they didn't remove all the solder.

I had to repair some guys AES that he tried to desolder the bios himself and didn't remove all the solder and ended up ripping 7 traces.

Plus desoldering the ground pin is tricky because the ground plane it's connected to is huge and sucks all the heat from the pin making it very difficult in some cases to get solder off it. I get a lot of emails about that problem and I usually just suggest doing it the really easy way which is cutting off all the legs and desoldering that way which is last resort.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Ya, that one works pretty damn good, gets nice and hot. Just don't hold it in one spot too long and always clean it after desoldering ~40 pins.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an interest in a consolized MVS as well. But it seems nowadays only Neotropolis and Jojo are making them, and at very very high prices. No offense intended but Jojo's work doesn't really impress me. Neotropolis's prices are insane but I do feel he does good work at least.

I've been looking into what it would take to make one myself.
I do very high quality work at reasonable prices if you're willing to pay for the shipping all the way from here.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also interested in buying a consolized MVS, but unsure about costs as I've noticed the Neo Geo consoles tend to sell for super high sky scraper tall prices =x If you don't mind me asking, how much would you charge Hewitson? I like that you said reasonable prices xD and very high quality work! That's reassuring. Also living in Melbourne means shipping will be A LOT cheaper :D
It would be awesome to play King of Fighters, Shock Troopers and more in my lounge room woo!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably should have asked whether you can make a Consolized MVS that will play games from every country? Will I need a different power supply for it? =o Since they aren't typically released in Australia as far as I know =o Controllers too?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I probably should have asked whether you can make a Consolized MVS that will play games from every country? Will I need a different power supply for it? =o Since they aren't typically released in Australia as far as I know =o Controllers too?

There's no difference in games at the cartridge level. A Japanese, European or US release of a Neo Geo game has identical ROMs, just different external packaging. Its up to the system itself to deal with region related issues.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
The only region where it would be different at the cart level is Korean. Korean carts usually have missing sound samples. Usually on Korean carts the game names are very different and the labels look bootleg like and usually say "Made in Korea" in the top right corner.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
got a response from jmkurtz...gonna see what he quotes me. :)

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am also interested in buying a consolized MVS, but unsure about costs as I've noticed the Neo Geo consoles tend to sell for super high sky scraper tall prices =x If you don't mind me asking, how much would you charge Hewitson? I like that you said reasonable prices xD and very high quality work! That's reassuring. Also living in Melbourne means shipping will be A LOT cheaper :D
It would be awesome to play King of Fighters, Shock Troopers and more in my lounge room woo!
Cost would depend on a few things...

Do you have a board, or would you be wanting me to source one?

Single slot or multi slot?

What sort of video outputs do you want?

Send me a message if you'd like to work something out.

As others have said any MVS will play games from any country. I'd include a suitable power supply with the unit.

For consolised systems you want a board with onboard joystick ports (MV-1F and all multislots). Then you can use standard AES controllers.