Wanted: NES CLassic Edition.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
With this recent announcement, I'm literally at the end of my patience with Nintendo.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/13/15293030/nes-classic-edition-discontinued

I've been seriously trying to get this thing since it's release at retail and it's been either people buying it online faster then I can click on it or me walking into stores where some faggot has literally bought out what was stocked while at the same time giving people his # where he can be contacted if you want to buy one at a scalper price.

Nintendo making if official saying they arn't making these anymore is just beyond wtf for me. So here I am reaching out to you guys if you somehow find a system at retail and want to work out a deal of sorts then by all means, drop me a PM.

Fucking Nintendo I swear...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
With this recent announcement, I'm literally at the end of my patience with Nintendo.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/13/15293030/nes-classic-edition-discontinued

I've been seriously trying to get this thing since it's release at retail and it's been either people buying it online faster then I can click on it or me walking into stores where some faggot has literally bought out what was stocked while at the same time giving people his # where he can be contacted if you want to buy one at a scalper price.

Nintendo making if official saying they arn't making these anymore is just beyond wtf for me. So here I am reaching out to you guys if you somehow find a system at retail and want to work out a deal of sorts then by all means, drop me a PM.

Fucking Nintendo I swear...

Good luck, you can bet your ass the prices are going to go back up now.

Nintendo seriously threw scalpers a bone on this one.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just buy the NES controllers and use a hacked Wii.

Much better experience.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
seriously people - Raspberry Pi

So many NES style cases out there. Plus you know what's better than 30 games? ALL OF THEM

Don't fall into this stupid collector's trap

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
seriously people - Raspberry Pi

So many NES style cases out there. Plus you know what's better than 30 games? ALL OF THEM

Don't fall into this stupid collector's trap

The NES Classic is super easy to hack to included all the roms. The graphic interface is nice too, and the hacks even include updates (box art) to that.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I actually saw these in the wild for the first time this last Sunday while shopping at Meijer. If I hadn't been able to score one off Amazon in February I would've grabbed one.

ac2009687f7b75350ea56278eeae2a9a.jpg

If I see one again I'll totally grab it for you.

Last edited:

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
They are going to skyrocket thanks to that announcement. I was able to get 2 on bestbuy online, I sold the 2nd one for 70 bucks and kept the 2nd controllers so my 2 sons can play 2 players.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Seriously, it's like Nintendo doesn't *like* money. They're selling out faster than they can be produced, why would you discontinue them?

I was intending to get one when they were actually, you know, on the shelves. Ah well, guess I'll have to stick with my HDMI-modded original NES and Everdrive. Longer cords that way anyway.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, it's like Nintendo doesn't *like* money. They're selling out faster than they can be produced, why would you discontinue them?

I was intending to get one when they were actually, you know, on the shelves. Ah well, guess I'll have to stick with my HDMI-modded original NES and Everdrive. Longer cords that way anyway.

Well there maybe are two reasons that I can think of about why Nintendo only produces such a small quantity of stock.

One is that a small stock can generate more hype around their product. But that usually ends up with tons of eBay scalpers selling them for inflated prices. Another reason is that Nintendo is so out of touch with their customer base that they don't see anything wrong with how low numbers they produce of their products. Or I am dumb and their is some sort of grand plan that I can't see.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen images from ebay/elsewhere with them back up to $200 from the lows of around $100+ so it has begun.

I think the problem is Nintendo had a plan and they're too blind and stupid to not deviate from it. They pulled an ATGames holiday release on this, but like ATGames with Sega didn't state as such. You get it out around Black Friday, make a run of them for like 3-4mo, then give up. They ran out of units, now it's official that once the last ones trickle out, it's over. Maybe next Christmas they'll do it again, but if anything it will make things far far worse. The subhuman scalper twats will smell limited time blood going by this history lesson and be even faster with bots, more devious at local retail, and then ask probably decade ago Wii rape values of like 5x retail value. Why ask $200 when you can throw it up there for $400 or $500 knowing Nintendo will pull the plug again. Only thing that would worsen it, make a SNES Mini because then everyone will shit a brick and panic knowing it won't last.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Amazon has them now new @ $300. It has begun alright.

I wanted one too VP but I'm not going to pay those prices. Good Luck with your search bro.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
My bud just got one today at GS, they had five, he bought number 4, there's one left! I was tempted to get it so I could flip it to you but...jk, GLWTH.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I am face palming at you guys not buying extras when you see them! I would buy a few just to help out my friends that weren't lucky enough to find one. I wanted one for my nephew, but have lost hope long ago. :(

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
well, just didn't wanna be a hog, let others have a chance to get it fairly but then again I could be letting scalpers go at it too...1st world problems, lol.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
well, just didn't wanna be a hog, let others have a chance to get it fairly but then again I could be letting scalpers go at it too...1st world problems, lol.

This exactly. I figured there had to be some other poor bastard looking for one. Plus I'm just too lazy to take the time to flip shit these days.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm beginning to think they didn't opt for game licensing beyond it's initial run which sucks for the most part. My local Toys R Us had a spring sale of them(and switches) so there is hope that Nintendo might have some NOS still available. But as I told my friends, time to dig up the original. I might go ahead and buy the hardback guide as there are plenty still available and maybe the carrying case from Target that they have on clearance. Anyone know if the pdf's of the manuals still up?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well I'm still looking for one. Since this is supposed to be a last Shipment, I'll be hitting some stores in San Antonio early in hopes that I find one. If I find more then one, I'll buy it and pass on the shit to people here.

Jesus this shit has me so down lol.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have had no luck finding one, doesn't look like I will ever get one now. F Nintendo.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm tempted to poke around, even if I have one, because I have a five year old that loves this stuff, yet I can not especially now due to this shit, trust her with it and it not getting damaged/broken by chance. I wanted a second one all along to hack and throw a library on it to have her enjoy, and I still would like to, but this changes things.

I'll figure this is going to ride high for awhile, and as more people get pissed off and nauseated by these scalpers the interest will dry up as people will find 1:1 knockoff shells online being sold likely with a preloaded (or not but with explicit HOW TO with it) NES games noting Nintendo killed it, and this is better pay me X (which will be notably less than the scalper pigs ask.) It may take 6mo or 2 years but I bet these turn up in some number on the resale market thrown out in some flea market pull up, garage sale, or elsewhere and if it's not too late to care by then I'll bite.

Nintendo is just being stupid, but also maybe vindictive. Clearly it was designed on the cheap and with versatility. IT probably was intended to have more units like ATGames rolls out, or perhaps given the internals are close to the New3DS a SNES model. But by the fact how easily it was hacked and likely less easy/money costly to them to fix that hole they killed it. That's the only thing I can come up with as it really wasn't going to stop people from buying $5 NES roms on the VC (Switch or otherwise.)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Now that the retroUSB AVS is cheaper, why the hell would you even condider an NES mini?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
I am face palming at you guys not buying extras when you see them! I would buy a few just to help out my friends that weren't lucky enough to find one. I wanted one for my nephew, but have lost hope long ago. :(

Same.

I bought 5 on Amazon only because I had the chance. Hacked every single one of them and gave them to friends at cost.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got one last week from Bestbuy and its all I have been playing. If you are able to get one at retail it's a great device, but definitely stay away from the scalpers. The convenience factor is the best selling point. Glad I got in at the last second.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's entirely it, however you chock it up to things, it goes to convenience.

I've got one, we just got the last one in reasonable driving distance earlier today. It's going to my 5 year old girl as her first home console (she has a Gameboy Color I got her last year.) She loves Mario and Kirby. Now I could let her use mine, but with her age, she's a bit carefree we'll say about things. That's also why I won't go and plug my RCA modded top loader in her room either as that's just begging for trouble. It's perfectly convenient, built like a rock, and so easy a five year old could easily navigate it. She enjoys the stuff on there, but also loves it when I flip on the Neo-Geo or Pin-Bot too but hell arcade area stuff is meant to take a pounding.