Wanted: Sega Genesis recap needed (& an overclock switch if possible)

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A good friend of mine just fished his SEGA Genesis "HD Graphics" model 1 out of storage. Would anyone be willing to recap the thing? If so,how much? I'm also looking to have it overclocked with a halt & clock speed switch if possible.

edit: I'm located on the north side of chicago if anyone local feels like dealing with me in person. Feel free to send me a PM if that's the case & we can get this ball rolling.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
A good friend of mine just fished his SEGA Genesis "HD Graphics" model 1 out of storage. Would anyone be willing to recap the thing? If so,how much? I'm also looking to have it overclocked with a halt & clock speed switch if possible.

edit: I'm located on the north side of chicago if anyone local feels like dealing with me in person. Feel free to send me a PM if that's the case & we can get this ball rolling.

I can't help, but wanted to say hi to another fellow Northsider. Good luck w/ the genesis

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hope Chicago didn't get him. I listen to the police scanner from time to time & once overheard some troubled youths had torn down a powerline & were walking down the streets with a live wire. Wouldn't have believed it if I had not heard it myself. If madman was in any of those crazy parts of the city, then we may as well call him "Deadman" at this point. Here's hoping he's ok.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I hope Chicago didn't get him. I listen to the police scanner from time to time & once overheard some troubled youths had torn down a powerline & were walking down the streets with a live wire. Wouldn't have believed it if I had not heard it myself. If madman was in any of those crazy parts of the city, then we may as well call him "Deadman" at this point. Here's hoping he's ok.

It’s not that bad here. I’ve only seen two dead bodies and I’ve lived here six years ( no really. I’ve seen two murder victims lol)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I could prolly help you but you'll have to travel through murdertown into the dirty dirty south side .

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I could prolly help you but you'll have to travel through murdertown into the dirty dirty south side .
Couldn't you just come up here?It's nice & safe in the Jewish Slums of lincolnwood. I'll throw in a free superdog for your trouble.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Couldn't you just come up here?It's nice & safe in the Jewish Slums of lincolnwood. I'll throw in a free superdog for your trouble.

Don't do it Cdamm... it's a fuckin' Trap man...

xROTx

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Don't do it Cdamm... it's a fuckin' Trap man...

xROTx

i dunno. superdawg is fucking amazing.

but i mean right down the block from my warehouse i have one of the taurus flavors locations (no, not the one on stony island)

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm laughing at the reviews of the non stony island location.

"They have a phone, but don't answer. I like to call ahead and have my food ready to get there, but they never answer the phone so I go to spots who will answer. Anyway, I call today, as usual, no answer. But I want a steak sandwich anyway so I go in. Not too busy so I'm in and out in about five minutes. But what I did do while I was there, I called their phone, just to see what happens. So the phone rang(a cordless phone), the dude picked it up, and walked around with it, WHILE IT WAS STILL RINGING!!! "

"Bears season is starting Sunday so we planned on getting some catering done at this location. I decided to call (2) days in advance to place the order; trying to get ahead of the curve. THESE muthaf@#! can't answer the freakin phone. I checked what time I was calling because the phone rang-and rang-and rang.... It's approximately 1:15pm!!!!... I'm thinking, "Okay, the lunch rush should be done.... but maybe not".... "I'll try again later".
2:30pm comes around. I call. Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-RING. "CLICK"..... SILENCE...... I say, "Hello..... Hello... HEELLL----OOOO" 4-DAMN-TIMES. Nothing.... I hang up. Wait and then call back, NOW THE LINE IS BUSY!!.... WTF!!!.. Here he we go AGAIN with the f@#! games....!.... I told my wife I'm done!!!..... NOBODY'S FOOD IS THAT GOOD!... I'm done kid!."

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
you guys should meet halfway for a bone in pork chop sandwich at Jims

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm laughing at the reviews of the non stony island location.

"They have a phone, but don't answer. I like to call ahead and have my food ready to get there, but they never answer the phone so I go to spots who will answer. Anyway, I call today, as usual, no answer. But I want a steak sandwich anyway so I go in. Not too busy so I'm in and out in about five minutes. But what I did do while I was there, I called their phone, just to see what happens. So the phone rang(a cordless phone), the dude picked it up, and walked around with it, WHILE IT WAS STILL RINGING!!! "

"Bears season is starting Sunday so we planned on getting some catering done at this location. I decided to call (2) days in advance to place the order; trying to get ahead of the curve. THESE muthaf@#! can't answer the freakin phone. I checked what time I was calling because the phone rang-and rang-and rang.... It's approximately 1:15pm!!!!... I'm thinking, "Okay, the lunch rush should be done.... but maybe not".... "I'll try again later".
2:30pm comes around. I call. Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-Ring-RING. "CLICK"..... SILENCE...... I say, "Hello..... Hello... HEELLL----OOOO" 4-DAMN-TIMES. Nothing.... I hang up. Wait and then call back, NOW THE LINE IS BUSY!!.... WTF!!!.. Here he we go AGAIN with the f@#! games....!.... I told my wife I'm done!!!..... NOBODY'S FOOD IS THAT GOOD!... I'm done kid!."

Lol. Don't order ahead. Walk in. Buy sandwich . Eat sandwich. Be happy.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
I could do all these mods, also designed an overclock PCB to make OC happen with button press instead of switch (and its faster + more reliable). My time isn't as cheap as some though, I'm an EE and have been doing this work for 14+ years. More interested in trades than just cash but feel free to PM if youre still looking.

-Segasonicfan

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll see what I have. If you want anything specific go ahead & make a list. Your site is certainly professional looking. Do you post shots of your genesis modwork anywhere? Also, I've been told the laseractive has damn 200 capacitors inside, so that's encouraging. Hopefully we can work something out. Watching the video of the board you designed now.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion. Still looking at my options.

edit: Seems they've got a lengthy registration process where they verify acounts by hand. This might take awhile.

Last edited:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
I'll see what I have. If you want anything specific go ahead & make a list. Your site is certainly professional looking. Do you post shots of your genesis modwork anywhere? Also, I've been told the laseractive has damn 200 capacitors inside, so that's encouraging. Hopefully we can work something out. Watching the video of the board you designed now.

thanks for checking out the site :) heres some pics:

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/Segasonicfan/library/finished mods?sort=3&page=1
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158377344@N04/

mostly looking for rare sega hardware, broken or not. also looking for game gears at the moment, espcially boxed. and looking for everdrives and other odd bits.

-Segasonicfan

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
543   0   0
Just want to add that I have dealt with segasonicfan locally and I am always happy with his work and professionalism.