Watches

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can't wear a watch... I have sensitive skin and the watches irritate my wrists...

I need my wrists for certain activities...

Also... I can get antique watches at auctions that I attend...

Infact, there were some awesome ones at the last auction... much better than the weird gaudy one you have a pic of...

xROTx

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just finished some maintenance on these old guys. Will likely be parting with them soon. Orange looks quite good on the wrist tho.

IMG_1810.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
my SMB started glitching. That was more playable and had good sounds. I've mostly kept these without a battery to better preserve them. The plastic is getting old, so I'd rather let them go than watch them disintegrate.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Trying to restore this, had it sitting for a few years . the plating it wearing off and the backside is pretty beat up, i have not been able to open it .

Attachments

• D9A19F54-E3FC-4833-9BCC-C070AC56D1FC.jpeg
    D9A19F54-E3FC-4833-9BCC-C070AC56D1FC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It looks great with the beat-up aesthetic, IMO. I wouldn't refinish it...

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
cant do anything for the plating , probably just get new leather strap for it . the movement will need service , runs but seem to stop when the crown is tighten , loosen the crown the watch start ticking again.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Bump. 🍆

Here’s how my watches looked up until recently:

6B00BDD3-AB64-4DDD-BA1D-54A7AA60E9E9.jpeg

I ended up selling the Tudor Black Bay 41 due to it being just a bit too large on my wrist, and I let the Omega Railmaster go to get the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

I did get in a 1969 Omega Genève Dynamic, which stole a bit of the Railmaster’s thunder as they’re both blue dial watches.

C99FB05F-50DF-4AF0-B746-DAB25DC38A64.jpeg

And of course the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch. I highly recommend this version which came out this year, with the 3861 movement and new bracelet.

16E2BBBC-A3F0-48BF-B2D4-D1CE0973EC46.jpeg

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Missed a chance to get a speedmaster , Came across a speedmaster in the early 2000s it was all in German day/date and lettering , no bracelet . It was at a flea market and I ask the guy about it and he said it belong to his dad and he’s just selling it . Looks real and feel real but can’t be sure 100% so had to passed on it. I still think I missed out . Looking it up couple years back the same watch was about $4500 cdn .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I like HDR’s watches but are they 38mm? The explorers look small like women’s.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I like HDR’s watches but are they 38mm? The explorers look small like women’s.
He doesn’t have an Explorer, and while I can’t 100% confirm the two tone, blue Sub, the other two are fake, leading me to believe it’s fake as well.

Rolex never made a white dial, black bezel Sub. Neither did they make a black dial, steel bezel Sub.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Here's a new one I recently picked up. It's pretty fun. Pac-Man is on the seconds hand, looks like he was in motion when I snapped the pic. The maze lights up when you press the crown in the dark.
20210919-190913.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Wowowow congrats on the Moonwatch. Did you go for the skeleton back or the OG? I was shopping for a ring for my gf and I thought what the hell I might as well try one on:
Spoiler:

9IZ4n0d.jpg

I really love it, but I def. can't be dropping $6k on anything. Maybe an anniversary co-gift down the line.

And here's my big reveal. I went gaga when I saw this watch. It's pretty much what a watch I designed myself would look like. I'm a big fan of Memphis Group and have a some OG stuff, plus there's a lot of inspiration from sneaker design. I didn't know about it until it was too late - only 182 were made. My gf surprised me with it last week. It's something I'm 100% gonna have for the rest of my life. When I die I will request it be strapped to my corpse before they shoot me off into space. It's my first luxury watch and first mechanical / automatic watch.
Spoiler:

Wse4Wuj.jpg

PS: Sorry I'm hairy. My gene pool is full of stinky swarthy island fishermen.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Bought this Citizen brand new with my first christmas bonus at my first full-time job. Easily the most expensive thing I bought for myself at the time and way more than I ever thought I'd spend on a watch of all things, I really babied it the first year but it eventually became my daily driver.

20210919_194209.jpg

It's been with me through the entirety of my adult life and my relationship with my girlfriend. Mentioned to her once years ago that she never saw what the watch was originally supposed to look like, one year the band got discolored with isopropryol and I replaced it before I met her, and I could never find a band that looked as nice as the original. Last year for christmas she surprised me with an OEM replacement band, went through the trouble of contacting Citizen, identifying the year and model of my watch and importing the right band for the year. I try not to be sentimental for physical objects but this is one of the few things I genuinely care about

I also own a ratty Timex Atlantis 100 as my workout watch

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Wowowow congrats on the Moonwatch. Did you go for the skeleton back or the OG? I was shopping for a ring for my gf and I thought what the hell I might as well try one on:
Spoiler:

9IZ4n0d.jpg

I really love it, but I def. can't be dropping $6k on anything. Maybe an anniversary co-gift down the line.

And here's my big reveal. I went gaga when I saw this watch. It's pretty much what a watch I designed myself would look like. I'm a big fan of Memphis Group and have a some OG stuff, plus there's a lot of inspiration from sneaker design. I didn't know about it until it was too late - only 182 were made. My gf surprised me with it last week. It's something I'm 100% gonna have for the rest of my life. When I die I will request it be strapped to my corpse before they shoot me off into space. It's my first luxury watch and first mechanical / automatic watch.
Spoiler:

Wse4Wuj.jpg

PS: Sorry I'm hairy. My gene pool is full of stinky swarthy island fishermen.
I ended up going for the Hesalite crystal with the solid caseback. I like the look of the Hesalite better, and that’s what they actually used in space due to plastic not shattering like a sapphire crystal would. Having dozens of little shards of a material harder than glass floating in zero gravity would suck big time, lol. The price difference was nice too. I ended up getting mine at a discount from an authorized dealer who sponsors an Omega forum. They work out deals for members.

I love the colors on that Zodiac, dude. The speckled bezel is a nice touch, and the dial texture works well with the overall aesthetic. You could probably put that thing on a brown leather NATO strap and make it look a little more upscale if you wanted. 10/10 gift, would receive gladly. You got a keeper of a girl, too.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I ended up going for the Hesalite crystal with the solid caseback. I like the look of the Hesalite better, and that’s what they actually used in space due to plastic not shattering like a sapphire crystal would. Having dozens of little shards of a material harder than glass floating in zero gravity would suck big time, lol. The price difference was nice too. I ended up getting mine at a discount from an authorized dealer who sponsors an Omega forum. They work out deals for members.

I love the colors on that Zodiac, dude. The speckled bezel is a nice touch, and the dial texture works well with the overall aesthetic. You could probably put that thing on a brown leather NATO strap and make it look a little more upscale if you wanted. 10/10 gift, would receive gladly. You got a keeper of a girl, too.
Nice - yeah I think the hesalite is the way to go if you're into the history.

Thanks - yeah, she's awesome.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Wow. Almost all of the most insecure members of the forum post here-- color me totally surprised that they engage in the most simpleton masculine cock-measuring contest available.

HDR has counterfeits, AMAZING , big thanks to Digmac for pointing this out.

wataru330 almost busts a fucking eyeball open in rage over a wristwatch dispute on page 4 or 5 against a now-banned member. Further investigation shows his taste in watches is that of a 10-year-old boy.

That isn't including all the gay novelty watches that look like Burger King promo items from 1998. Jesus.

Anyone have the Homer Simpson one that says "MMM BURGERS" when you press a button?

I would actually wear this one, might scoop it on ebay sometime while I'm drunk, it came out as a burger king promo in 1997 for Jurassic Park

1632150869882.png

Other than that, I wear a $5 watch I found at a thrift store with the BRATZ dolls logo on it because the color pink on it matches other things I wear. It does not work, it does not tell time, I have no plans of repairing it

1632150991053.png

Some of you people need to start wrapping your wrists in MORE pussy and FEWER gay ass watches. HDR, I recommend flipping your fake Rolex's for your mom's funeral.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
7KZMzEr.jpg

in order:
Laco Casablanca, Tacs Mask Player, Seiko Sport Kinetic

prof

Anyone have the Homer Simpson one that says "MMM BURGERS" when you press a button?

Yes actually. Haha
Looks like it needs a battery though. No display and the sound doesn't work. I remembered seeing it in a drawer in the basement a while back when I was looking for something.
20210920-160045.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I have one with Bart, Lisa, and Homer. It has the two kids saying "Are we there yet?" and Homer going "No!"

prof

Might as well take a pic of some of my other watches while I'm down here. The Original Grain is kind of heavy because it's made of wood, but I like the look of it. My old lady got it for me about 7 or 8 years back. The digital Casio is probably my favorite because I had one like it when I was a kid. It's similar to the one John Candy wore in 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles.' The Rolex is actually an antique, likely late 30s/early 40s based on the ref. number. Found it a few years back, as well as another, in an old can full of old coins that used to belong to my wife's grandparents. Couldn't get the other one to work, but once I got the crown loose on this one, it was easy to wind and started right up. Crazy. Got a new strap for it because the old one was pretty crusty. Haha
Anyway, I've got a few others, but these are my favorites.

20210920-161242.jpg

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Yes actually. Haha
Looks like it needs a battery though. No display and the sound doesn't work. I remembered seeing it in a drawer in the basement a while back when I was looking for something.
20210920-160045.jpg
Doo