Watches

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Kern I didn't know you were a classy fellow. Also, what's everyone's opinion on Richard Mille watches? Personally I think they overpriced tacky shit, and just go to show that money can't by class or taste.
I don't hate the shape, but I don't like the dials or how chunky the cases are. AFAIK, they are engineered really well, though. I don't get why RM gets a pass in terms of being a relatively new brand (compared to the brands from the 1800s) and Hubolt doesn't. I'm not really interested in either, but it seems strange to me.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't hate the shape, but I don't like the dials or how chunky the cases are. AFAIK, they are engineered really well, though. I don't get why RM gets a pass in terms of being a relatively new brand (compared to the brands from the 1800s) and Hubolt doesn't. I'm not really interested in either, but it seems strange to me.
I'd rather invest in FP Journe if I had millions

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I like it.

Even if that bracelet style isn't my thing, I would still be all over this.
The bracelets are nice when they are tight ,most are loose and worn out . I have a 2 tone one that’s worn out, I was going to trade it for a audemar piguet with a full 18k bracelet , but the guy back out last minute .

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's a six digit model so no bracelet stretch at all - solid bracelet

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Also, what's everyone's opinion on Richard Mille watches? Personally I think they overpriced tacky shit, and just go to show that money can't by class or taste.

They are gaudy and almost universally hideous. It's for the man that wears Armani Exchange tshirts with accompanied by an LV man purse.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Anyone have $400k burning a hole in their pocket?

Richard Mille 055

EC20F3D4-9C24-461A-A73B-3AC5D62A406D.jpeg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You only need one watch and it's this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-202807.png
    Screenshot_20220929-202807.png
    3 MB · Views: 15

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Keeping it classy today - on original deployant

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-091051.png
    Screenshot_20220930-091051.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 18

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
how many times do you think kernow has put those watches on his junk?
I've got an old Omega pocket watch, that I keep my hand on in my pockets cause it lets the ladies know...

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Sturmanskie.jpg
From Russia, Sturmanskie Pilot/Aviator.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
If I had a fuckload of money I'd definately get a tourbillon watch.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
If I had a fuckload of money I'd definately get a tourbillon watch.
There are affordable tourbillions now. <$1,000

Seagull has several notable Tourbillion movements that are true tourbillions and not just open heart. They've been on the market a number of years, and the reliability has also improved. I noticed them in Akribos and Sturling initially, though other companies have picked up the movement as well.

It's been on want list for a while, just haven't had an excuse to get one yet.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
There are affordable tourbillions now. <$1,000

Seagull has several notable Tourbillion movements that are true tourbillions and not just open heart. They've been on the market a number of years, and the reliability has also improved. I noticed them in Akribos and Sturling initially, though other companies have picked up the movement as well.

It's been on want list for a while, just haven't had an excuse to get one yet.

Those are all Chinese brands though ... nothing against them, I mean, some people love their Seagull watches.

Do Swiss (or Japanese) watch makers have an affordable Tourbillion?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Those are all Chinese brands though ... nothing against them, I mean, some people love their Seagull watches.

Do Swiss (or Japanese) watch makers have an affordable Tourbillion?

A Swiss Tourbillion is going to cost you $10,000. Because of the quality? Nope.
49% of Swiss watches are Chinese. There are many things where I avoid chinese makes if possible, but dont be fooled that everything chinese is junk.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A Swiss Tourbillion is going to cost you $10,000. Because of the quality? Nope.
49% of Swiss watches are Chinese. There are many things where I avoid chinese makes if possible, but dont be fooled that everything chinese is junk.

I don't think that at all. It's where most of our video game systems, phones, tvs, etc. are made. But I feel like a Swiss company would have high standards when it comes to manufacturing in Switzerland or otherwise.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I don't think that at all. It's where most of our video game systems, phones, tvs, etc. are made. But I feel like a Swiss company would have high standards when it comes to manufacturing in Switzerland or otherwise.

Dirty secret of watch industry. It still mostly Chinese. Unless it's japanese...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dirty secret of watch industry. It still mostly Chinese. Unless it's japanese...

Seiko makes plenty of stuff in Malaysia and China too. My only thing is if something is made in China it all depends on who it is being made for and where it’s being made.

No two factories are the same regardless if they are in China. That being said, if you want to buy Chinese brands, go for it. I prefer to stick with Swiss and Japanese brands.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Seiko makes plenty of stuff in Malaysia and China too. My only thing is if something is made in China it all depends on who it is being made for and where it’s being made.

No two factories are the same regardless if they are in China. That being said, if you want to buy Chinese brands, go for it. I prefer to stick with Swiss and Japanese brands.
The Japanese and Russian brands are where I go depending on what I'm looking for.
I usually end up with Japanese.

People tend to not want to admit it but you can have some really nice stuff made in China, but just like everywhere else, quality can get expensive fast.
People want to bitch about it all day while they tap away on their $1000 Chinese made smart phone.