WATERMELON Games Kickstarter - PAPRIUM, the 16-BIT Beat Them All Coming to the Next-GEN!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You know I'm starting to admire how much leeway people have in retro (ugh) circles just because they're delivering or promising SHINY NEW THING. The guy's an egomaniacal douchebag who took a decade to release a barely above average genesis game and burned a lot of bridges, but come round the next fundraiser everyone is queuing up. Lmao.

From what I’m reading in this thread the fact that a major dick takes forever for his pyramid scheme to deliver a mediocre game IS the excitement.

It must be…the drama of it all, to borrow a saying. The thrill of maybe getting a game or maybe getting ripped off or maybe seeing the game delayed while the main programmer…takes his empties back to pay for carts…does time for hate speech convictions…whatever.

Why buy something extremely good from Nintendo for $60 when you can (maybe) have multiple copies of a pale approximation of a third tier Final Fight clone for multiple systems and multiple hundreds of dollars? And gross as hell cart design too! It’s the total package for total packages.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You know I'm starting to admire how much leeway people have in retro (ugh) circles just because they're delivering or promising SHINY NEW THING. The guy's an egomaniacal douchebag who took a decade to release a barely above average genesis game and burned a lot of bridges, but come round the next fundraiser everyone is queuing up. Lmao.
Yup.

The bar for what is acceptable in this hobby has become so low it would take James Cameron to find it at this point.

But apparently no-one seems to give a shit as long as they get their new toy at some point. The games are merely second to the three ring circus surrounding them and lets be honest the games are mediocre at best.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
But it was still kind of fake in the end
There is definitely still some clean up left to do. Some people who purchased before this latest Paprium Kickstarter are still owed their copy.
I'm really hoping that WM now has the money to fullful all orders.