Weekly Gaming Round-up - 12/21/14

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Next week will be the big week for people I bet, but now is the best time for backloggery!

WiiU

Bayonetta
Smash Bros

PS3

Tales of Xillia

PS4

Oneechanbara

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
iOS

Earthshaker! on The Pinball Arcade

Dat Triple

Kingdom Hearts 1 Remix

That's it. In the Christmas rush so I haven't played much. I hate this time of year. All these games come out and I get them and I never have time to friggen play anything. After I'm done with my backlog of games and I get some Christmas gift cards the first thing I'm getting is the Bayonetta pack on the Wii-U.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PS4

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (this is a lot of fun)
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Dragon Age: Inquisition
NBA 2K15

PS2

Drakengard 2

PC

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

PS Vita

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (PSP version)

3DS

Unchained Blades

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Finished Shadow Hearts. Missed the Yuri's ultimate stuff (you get from the special fight) and of course missed his ultimate fusions. Didn't know you had to get that stupid thing from that red area BEFORE you fight a certain boss. I was doing my pre-end game stuff and got smacked in the mouth with that disappointment.

Oh well. I got pretty much did everything else in the game. Did all the optional bosses (except some puppet boss) and quests I could do so in the end so i'm satisfied.
Pretty damn good game overall. While kind of shallow, I did really like the battle system. Hitting perfects is very satisfying.

PS2: Instead of jumping right into Shadow Hears 2, I decided to go for something lighter in tone.

Rogue Galaxy

NDS:

Ace Attorney 3

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
PS3
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Biohazard HD-Remaster eCapcom exclusive

WiiU
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

SNES
Mega Man X 1-3

Vita
Mega Man X 4-5

3DS
Dr.Mario Express

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
PS3

Tales of Xillia

I'm kind of iffy on the Tales games. I didnt like the GBA one, Loved Vesperia. Do I dare take the plunge on this after I beat Fantasy Life? I think it's like $24 at Gamestop now.

PS3
Pinball Arcade

3DS
Fantasy Life

Vita
Pinball Arcade

WiiU
Mario Kart 8

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
TG16/PCE
Bonk's Adventure
Ys III
Dracula X
Panic Bomber

PS3
The Evil Within

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
still my two favorites this year!

PS3
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Project Diva F 2nd

and since I received Lem's Jamma Genny:

Genesis
Fire Shark

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I'm kind of iffy on the Tales games. I didnt like the GBA one, Loved Vesperia. Do I dare take the plunge on this after I beat Fantasy Life? I think it's like $24 at Gamestop now.

The game is a bit cutscene/in-game assets video heavy at times, but it's been enjoyable so far.

The battle system is a bit different, it's real time, but requires a good number of button sequences to battle proper (set multiple magic types using directions and O, move enemy lock on using R1, select characters to partner with on the fly). It seems a bit more complicated than it is but has a short learning curve. Different, in a good way. It may be something normal for the series, but I haven't played much of them myself, I wouldn't know (maybe Taiso would weigh in :p)

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Got my ass handed to me by Gitaroo Man. I used to be better at it. :crying:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
3DS
Pokemon Omega Sapphire -Made a ton of progress this weekend, beat 7 gym leaders and tying up loose ends.

Smash Bros. - a few pick up games against my brother to reassert myself as dominant brother.

PS2
Ratchet & Clank - I'm surprised I never played this when it was released, as the polish and gameplay is so polished and fun. about halfway through it at this point.

PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics - Weigraf turns into Belias and continues to royally kick my ass, so i've put this away for a bit but end up grinding a few job skills here and there every now and then. Will get through this hump eventually.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Sega Master System

Miracle Warriors - This was my first console RPG. I bought it with my Christmas money when I was 9 years old. I decided to see how far I could get with just the instruction manual and the map that's packed in with the game. I started taking down notes and drawing maps... this game is amazing. There are so many different enemy types. I'm really far into the game now and enjoying it way too much. There are so many different enemy types and weird parts of the map to explore.

Neo Geo

Super Baseball 2020
Real Bout Fatal Fury
The King of Fighters '95
Samurai Shodown III

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Oh God, don't get me started.

Been kicking it with the homies all this week.

CAPCOM:

STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3
SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO

CAVE:

MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI ver. 1.5

NEO-GEO:

ANDRO DUNOS
BASEBALL STARS 2
KING OF FIGHTERS '97
LAST RESORT
MAGICIAN LORD
METAL SLUG X
SAM SHO III
TOP PLAYERS GOLF

PSIKYO:

DRAGON BLAZE

Treasure:

RADIANT SILVER GUN

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS3
Marvel vs Capcom Origins
Grandia

Wii U
Mario Kart 8

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
PC
XCOM: Enemy Within (almost finished with this one, I think)
Crimzon Clover World Ignition
Sine Mora

GC
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

MVS
Andro Dunos

PGM
Demon Front

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
How is Xrd? Been thinking of picking that up thx to a gift card I received.

I personally really like it. Its good to have this series back. Yes in recent years we have had Blazblue and the Persona fighter, but those really felt way too loose and "easy mode" for my tastes, if that makes sense. Now it is sad that quite a few characters didnt make this roster (Dizzy, Johnny, May, Testament and a few others) which makes the character selection seem small, but everthing else about this game is purely Guilty Gear. The presentation, the music, and the feel are all there.

Plus this game is really gorgeous. I really hope more fighters adopt this 2D/3D hybrid style.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Wii U:

Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 2
Darksiders 2

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-PS4-
Guilty Gear: Xrd -Sign-
Far Cry 4

-PS3-
GTA V: Online
DmC
Mirror's Edge

-PSVita-
Wolf Among Us

noCLip

Camel Slug
3ds- finally beat bravely default

Ps4- dragon age inquisition

PC - counter strike GO

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Genesis
- Star Control [this game is beyond awesome--tons of replay value, and I've really been getting into the background information (from wikis) of all the alien races and their roles/history in the in-game galactic war(s) too--and I don't normally even like this genre (space strategy/combat)]

- Trampoline Terror

NES
- Gremlins 2: The New Batch

- MTV's Remote Control

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Genesis
- Star Control [this game is beyond awesome--tons of replay value, and I've really been getting into the background information (from wikis) of all the alien races and their roles/history in the in-game galactic war(s) too--and I don't normally even like this genre (space strategy/combat)]

I used to play that all the time with my brothers in the vs. mode. Awesome game. The ships are so cool. Apparently Star Control II is really good. I have it from gog.com, but haven't played it yet. I should do that this weekend.

Remote Control... that's bringing back memories.

I just started playing Snatcher on Sega CD (emu). It's a lot of fun. I played the PSX version before, the art is way better in the Sega CD one.