Weekly Roundup 12-16-18

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
RetroPi
Little Ninja Bros. (NES) - I'm at my first command battle and I'm getting my ass kicked. A youtube review of the game suggested you have to have 2 players and none of my friends are around.
TMNT (arcade)- This game hasn't aged very well. I remember loving this game in H.S.

3DS
Dragon Quest VI

Switch
Katamari Damacy Reroll - Finally beat the 4th stage. What a pain in the ass that was.

iOS
Sega Heroes - Fun but frustrating jem match game.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4
MGSV - 75% complete and I dunno if I'll bother with the rest, escpecially the FOB missions, etc... seems so redundant now that the game is done plotwise

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
silpheed - lost planet, and XII stag for ps2.
it's the soundtracks that.....:p
[edit]
correction.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
SOTN on Xbox One.

I managed to get all the endings. Finished game with Alucard and got best ending with 195%. Also, I beat the game with Richter. Only two achievements left out of 13 I would like to complete: getting 200.6% and beating intro stage with no hits

Edit: I completed all achievements on SOTN.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Doom - an excellent game, at the destroyed ardent tower. This makes me want to get the PS4 version for the improved visuals and trophy support.

Smash Bros - unlocking as we go

PSX
Legend of Dragoon - finished disc 1, which is the farthest I've gone ever. Starting disc 2 this week.

Dead Space - Chapter 4, about to do the asteroid achievement. Going for only using the plasma cutter which is way less fun on a fresh file than a new game plus.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Switch:
Smash bros. Finally unlocked everyone, now trying to learn the mechanics and learn Ritcher

-SD-

Camel Slug
Brought the WiiU down from the boy’s room and we spent Saturday afternoon playing Mario Kart and Cat Mario together.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Smitch
Sonic Mania Plus
GRIS - This game is in a league of its own, visually. Moebius would be proud.

PS1
Chrono Cross

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch:
Smash bros. Finally unlocked everyone, now trying to learn the mechanics and learn Ritcher

I'm busy with other stuff at the moment. I'm a real casual player - hoping to get it under the tree this year. How does it compare to the 3DS/WiiU game?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm busy with other stuff at the moment. I'm a real casual player - hoping to get it under the tree this year. How does it compare to the 3DS/WiiU game?

It looks slightly better. Has a bunch more characters, stages, and music. They changed a good amount of the mechanics. Like you can only air dodge once now for example. The game is also faster. Not as fast has Meele was, but faster than brawl and smash 4. I'm liking it so far, and i'm not taking it super serious, but i do want to learn it competitively, so I can have more fun in 1V1 matches

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4
Since there was a week of sales I picked up and played
Shikhondo Soul Eater - Ran through the game with the Grim Reaper and the Girl, enjoy the bosses, the rest of the levels are kinda same same but with more bullets
Super Night Riders- Not a bad Hang On Clone, just as tough, made me play Hang On the PS3 to compare, which is superior, but SNR is fun for some quick playthroughs and trying to beat the courses

Switch
SNK Anniversary Collection - Played some Ikari, Munch Mobile (which is frustrating to play), and Fantasy
Katamari Reroll - This has taken most of my game playing time this past week, I'm up to make the moon which I'm stuck at so far, I think that's the end

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@GregN:
I hate TMNT 1 on the NES. I could get a little bit farther than the dam with that fucking pink seaweed, but that's it. I tried beating it with save states and an emulator once too, but, even that was damn near impossible and I gave up. If he wants them that bad, Shredder can have April O'Neil and Splinter.

@ggallegos1
Legend of Dragoon was pretty good, not the Final Fantasy killer Sony wanted it to be, but not bad. Design-wise, one thing about it that irritated me is that, near the end, you have to switch discs if you want to re-visit old areas, which is inconvenient to say the least. The PSX Final Fantasies kept the whole world open to you, more-or-less, regardless of which disc you were on.

Nintendo 2DS
- Final Fantasy Explorers
Level 184 now and playing as a Geomancer. I think I'll quit once I'm satisfied my collectard OCD tendencies and have forged all of the possible weapons/armor (I've got 74% of them right now).
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
999 badges (only 12 complete sets though); I'm a mere 1 badge away from the maximum limit you can store on your handheld's memory (you can keep more than that in Nintendo's cloud storage for the game though). I probably should quit when I get that single badge I'm short, but, I don't know if I'll be able to or not.
- Pokémon Rumble World
66th rank and 581 pokemon caught. Took me forever to snag MewTwo (he regenerates HP like mad and does nasty damage), but, he's finally mine.
- Pokémon Shuffle
264 stages cleared and 386 pokemon caught.
- SwapDoodle

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
@GregN:
I hate TMNT 1 on the NES. I could get a little bit farther than the dam with that fucking pink seaweed, but that's it. I tried beating it with save states and an emulator once too, but, even that was damn near impossible and I gave up. If he wants them that bad, Shredder can have April O'Neil and Splinter.

I meant the Arcade Version. The NES one is like all of the games on that system - damn near impossible.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
@GregN:

@ggallegos1
Legend of Dragoon was pretty good, not the Final Fantasy killer Sony wanted it to be, but not bad. Design-wise, one thing about it that irritated me is that, near the end, you have to switch discs if you want to re-visit old areas, which is inconvenient to say the least. The PSX Final Fantasies kept the whole world open to you, more-or-less, regardless of which disc you were on.

Nintendo 2DS
- Final Fantasy Explorers
Level 184 now and playing as a Geomancer. I think I'll quit once I'm satisfied my collectard OCD tendencies and have forged all of the possible weapons/armor (I've got 74% of them right now).
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
999 badges (only 12 complete sets though); I'm a mere 1 badge away from the maximum limit you can store on your handheld's memory (you can keep more than that in Nintendo's cloud storage for the game though). I probably should quit when I get that single badge I'm short, but, I don't know if I'll be able to or not.
- Pokémon Rumble World
66th rank and 581 pokemon caught. Took me forever to snag MewTwo (he regenerates HP like mad and does nasty damage), but, he's finally mine.
- Pokémon Shuffle
264 stages cleared and 386 pokemon caught.
- SwapDoodle
I enjoy it for what it is, it's campy but the battle system is engaging enough. A few issues for me

1. You need something a bit retro to play this one as the timing windows are pretty small for successful attacks, so any lag could make or break the game.
2. I don't like how the routes to different areas are predetermined for you. It kills any illusion of a larger world and makes exploring moot.
3. Magic is locked behind using dragoons, including healing and defensive spells.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@ggallegos1:
Yeah, I liked those timed combos you could do during the battles; that really helped keep you engaged during the endless onslaught of random enemy encounters. I agree that the timing could be tricky at times--some of them were easy to pull off consistently, others were pretty unforgiving.

@GregN:
Yeah, the second and third TMNT NES games are good--repetitive, but fun. The Street Fighter-esque NES Tournament Fighters was all right too, not great, but, considering that it's only 8-bit and there isn't really much else on the NES in the way of 1-on-1 fighters to begin with (if you exclude all those illegal Chinese "ports" that is), you gotta take what you can get.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
megadrive

revenge of shinobi
golden axe
thunder force 4

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Super smash Brothers Ultimate - Playing Multiplayer with a friend. Game definitely feels better than Smash 4 but dat input lag. Wave dashing and dancing also feel like shit. Putting tilts on C-stick is nice though but the input buffer is garbage.

The Punisher Arcade - Working on a 1CC HARDEST clear.

Ninja Gaiden Black - On Chapter 10. Camera is by far the worst i've seen in any game I've played. Easily the hardest enemy in the game.

The Gladiator/Road of Sword/Shen Jian PGM - Can make it to the second stage before getting wrecked on one credit. Have only played it fully through once on the easy route.

Not being able to throw for crowd control is very weird. Super management and dodging seems key in this game. I do like doing combos, jump cancels, punch infinite, otgs, and super motions. Not sure who the best character is but Chu seems decent.

Also anyone find it weird jump is mapped to jamma button 3?

Contra/Super C Co-op with a friend.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Unfortunately the new copies go for $130+ on Amazon...

Has anybody played Shadow of Rome for PS2? Seemed like an interesting game that I could get preowned for relatively cheap.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
finished Killer 7. What a ride of a game that was. I prefer the gameplay in stuff like no more heroes and killer is dead more, but the story and characters in killer 7 were pretty great