Weekly Roundup 8/5/18

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Ys VIII - Started this one this week, overall a solid action RPG with cheesy characters. I will admit the Switch version is pretty ugly when there's a lot on screen, especially compared to the PS4 version but the gameplay is smooth.

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Sun - Going to fight the ghost trial, idk how many there are but im enjoying the differences in this one.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Switch:
Puyo Tetris
Arms

Arcade:
Deathsmiles

Switch has passed xbone in the house for the go-to console and it looks like it's going to be that way for a while with the lineup of upcoming games.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4 Sonic Mania - Frustrating that you have to start back on Act 1 if you don't finish both levels. On the 10th level currently

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
bioshock 2 on the xbone.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
GBA:
Fire Emblem- Bought this one new when it came out but never finished it for whatever reason. It is a fun game

Vita:
Demon Gaze- Not making much progress on this one, still having trouble with the first boss.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Neo Turf Masters, Mega Man X6, Mega Man, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III Third Strike

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Broth of the Wild

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Saturn

Dragon Force

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Saturn

Dragon Force

Fucking awesome game, which character? I think Juron, then Goldark, and Mikhal‘s campaigns are my favourites in that order. But they are all solid story wise. Gameplay wise maybe Mikhal has the short straw for starting next to Goldark, so I took him out first when I last played.

I’m currently playing:

Zelda OOT - just got to Ganon’s castle.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4, just got all D units.

Only an hour or two left in each game, I’ll have to pick something else soon. I’m tempted to replay Majora's Mask next.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I like them all. Playing the Working Designs version so Junon at the moment.

Going to sell it but it has a pinhole so I'm playing through to make sure it's in a non data area.

As long as it works, I'll take pics and not hide it. It'll sell as long as it plays well.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Octopath Traveler

Arcade
Turtles in Time
Ninja Baseball Batman
Some Drum game
Bust A Move

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
MVS

Metal Slug 2
Neo Turf Masters
SvC Chaos

Wii U

Super Metroid

Pac-man TV plug n' play

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Fucking awesome game, which character? I think Juron, then Goldark, and Mikhal‘s campaigns are my favourites in that order. But they are all solid story wise. Gameplay wise maybe Mikhal has the short straw for starting next to Goldark, so I took him out first when I last played.

I’m currently playing:

Zelda OOT - just got to Ganon’s castle.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4, just got all D units.

Only an hour or two left in each game, I’ll have to pick something else soon. I’m tempted to replay Majora's Mask next.

all great games. majora's mask has to be one of my all time favourites.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Final Fantasy VII

Just knocking out a few sidequests before I finish off disc 1. Got Vincent and Yuffie already, now I am going to track down all the enemy skills that are available so fat.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
2DS
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon
- Face Raiders
- Mario Kart 7
- Pokémon Shuffle
- Slot Car Rivals
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
- WarioWare Gold (DEMO)

NDS
- Games Around the World
- Metroid Prime Pinball

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PS4

Dark Souls-There are things I've never done in this game, such as speaking with Kaathe (which I've since done after returning to DS on the PS4) and finding Sif in the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Working on that second one but Artorias is a bastard on NG+.

Bloodborne-Never finished this game and I don't really feel like skilling my way through it anymore so I'm just grinding Chalice Dungeons so that I can just tank my way through the last boss. It's not that I don't like the game but this is a task long unfinished and I just feel very low effort about completing it. Overall, it was a marvelous experience (although I still prefer Dark Souls over this. I'd love to see a character class in DS that used the Hunter combat style in Bloodborne (aggressive play to recover lost max health, no blocking, gun stunning, etc.)

Middle Earth: Shadow of War-I never played the Desolation of Mordor campaign and as much as I loved the core gameplay of this series, I felt that the post game epilogue ending was way too much of a grindfest (although I went through it anyway). I really hate how eventually, the orc captains are immune to practically everything and everything enrages them. It just becomes tedium spending all that time carefully crafting a strategy only to see it all unraveled so easily. The devs didn't really think about the endgame very much, but I imagine that has a lot to do with the in game marketplace, which has since been removed. Anyway, I played the new DLC and found it pretty interesting, with some mechanics that take a little from Tenchu (the grapple line movement) and Assassin's Creed II (parachute movement). I truly feel that for pure stealth assassinations, this game is as good as any that's ever been released. Additionally, the Nemesis system is very unique and the Arkham style combat makes a lot of fun. Just too bad EA shat the bed with the RMT stuff.

I just picked up Dragon Age: inquisition new for $13. I owned the game when it first came out but was so underwhelmed with it that I sold it. Now I'm on a bit of a fantasy kick after Gen Con and I'm making money again so I figured I could spare 13 bucks to restore it to my collection.

Switch

Octopath Traveler-Feels fresh despite the ancient genre trappings. Sometimes it's nice to go back to basics. After seeing Ready Player One, I've found reaffirmation in an old value I once held; to just enjoy things that are simple. In fact, just like Ready Player One's protagonist discovers, the point of the prize is just to find it. To learn that the prize was meant to be used for a specific thing diminishes its discovery.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Arcade , Warriors of Fate , first time played it, kinda boring tbh

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
God Hand - Finished a hard Kick Me Sign run (no God power/roulette)

Rule of Rose - On chapter 3.

Shadow Warrior 2013 PC

Panel De Pon - Finally no missed Hard and got the extra ending. Going to be tackling Super Hard next.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bloodborne

I've been playing quite a lot of this as well, imo a brilliant game, it's just so ridiculously well made, I kind of blew the first playthrough by not killing the Brain of Mensis, so to see real change I have to play it almost all over again. (that's what you get for not reading the Wiki at all) But I also missed Eileen the Crow and Cainhurst castle altogether, so there's some new stuff to do on the way. This is also one of the most stylish games I've seen. This is what a last/current-gen 3d Castlevania should have looked and sounded like.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
gamecube

metroid prime- one of the greatest games ever made.

mario sunshine- all though i think mario galaxy is the best mario game in the series, sunshine is the one i come back to the most for some reason. love flood aspect to it and the visuals and summer atmosphere really gives me the ghibli feels.

f zero gx- although not as good as f zero x, i always play this one more. maybe because i played the shit out of X and could play it with my eyes closed.