Weekly Roundup 9/02/18

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Ys VIII - almost done with this one, it's actually quite a bit of fun and I'm liking how everyone in the beginning ends up assisting you in some way.

GameCube
F Zero GX

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Sun

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
GBA:

Fire Emblem- I'm having a heck of a time with chapter 26x, can't seem to make it through without at lease one character dying. I was trying to finish the game without any deaths but I may have no choice.

PS4:

Fire Pro Wrestling World

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GBA:

Fire Emblem- I'm having a heck of a time with chapter 26x, can't seem to make it through without at lease one character dying. I was trying to finish the game without any deaths but I may have no choice.

That's where I got stuck last time also, it was brutal.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Gamecube

metroid prime: just a couple of chozo artefacts left to unlock the final bosses.

mario sunshine

f zero gx

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Saturn
Blast Wind

NGPC
Last Blade

PS1
Incredible Crisis

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
iOS
Dragon Quest III
Toy Blast

Has anybody played the new Warioware game on the 3DS? How is it and how much of the content is recycled from other games?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
2DS

- Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Still unlocking costumes and figurines. I'm mainly working on finishing off all the tag team challenges at the moment (I've got about 15/20 of those done).
- Mario Kart 7
Finally got gold trophies on all of the 150cc cups and unlocked all of the characters (I dread those two Rainbow Road tracks, so, so much). Also unlocked the mirror circuit . . . while I appreciate that it adds more replay value to the game, it's also kind of counter-productive after having spent so much time learning the ins-and-outs of all the 16 tracks in their default orientation.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Just getting my feet wet so far. I completed 3 quests and just dicked around in general killing critters, collecting materials, etc. I downloaded some DLC, but haven't actually tried playing online with others yet. It's also probably much better to play this game, control-wise, with a Circle Pad Pro or New 3DS, as controlling the camera, especially underwater, is a chore with the touch screen and/or control pad.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
Still collecting them damn badges like a fool.
- Pokémon Rumble World
Captured 249 Pokémon and raised my rank to 32.
- Pokémon Shuffle
Captured ~160 Pokémon.
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Still unlocking shit. Leveled 8 characters to Level 99 already and I've almost got a third party to that point as well.

Speaking of which, and I probably should have done this before, my 3DS friend code is 0018-6684-9731 and my username is Kramwartap, if anybody wants to add me (let me know, in this thread, or via PM, with your friend code and username, and I'll add you back).

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Has anybody played the new Warioware game on the 3DS? How is it and how much of the content is recycled from other games?

I played the free demo that you can get in Nintendo's e-shop, but not the full game. It's pretty fun (lots of voicework from Wario too). The games I played seemed mostly new (you get to sample around 15-20 of the total 300 in the demo), but, on the other hand, if you've played one WarioWare game, you've kind of played them all too. The 3DS' gyroscope is put to good use in some of the mini games, which is different. I liked it and may buy the full version someday, but I'd recommend downloading the demo and giving it a whirl for yourself.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
That's where I got stuck last time also, it was brutal.

I ended up just finishing the chapter when one death and going on. The best strategy seems to be waiting at the start of the stage until around turn 20 when I'll of the bridges reappear and tackling each enemy unit one at a time. The boss is really tough too- I only had one character in my party that could stand up to her and it was a grind to defeat her. The next chapter is long but easier, I beat it on my first attempt with no deaths. Hoping to finish the rest this week.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
iOS
Dragon Quest III
Toy Blast

I had no idea DQIII was on iOS. I may have to get that.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PS4: Dragon Quest 11. Only a few hours in......Pep is a stupid name, In the zone is much better (japanese version)

Switch: The messenger. Just got to the 16 bit part. Really fun game. Enemies are kind of just there though

PC: Mushihimesama. Just have fun with OG mode.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SNES:
YOSHIS ISLAND
- Finally got a physical copy (played on Wii emulation last playthrough) and goddammit I love this game.

PC:
THE EVIL WITHIN 2
- Everybody pumps this game up. Its usually the people who didnt like the first game which I really loved. I wonder how this one is gonna measure up.

PS2:
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI NOCTURNE