Weekly Roundup 9-9-18

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Brobox One
Rock Band 4

PS4
Dragon Quest 11 - Best DQ yet. Everything you need in a JRPG. The job/skill tree system could be better though.

3DS
Warioware Gold - Not much content here, but still fun.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
GBA:

Fire Emblem- Made it to the final chapter, having a hard time though. I hope I can finish it, I hate putting so much time into a game and not be able to complete it. After this I think I'm done with SRPGs for awhile

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Haven't spent time with much this summer.

This past weekend though,

SFC

Final Fight Tough

PC-E

Cyber Cross
Valis III

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Playing the PAL version of Dragon Force to compare with the Working Designs release. Not too much different which surprised me. Normally they make changes and other than removing one response when searching a castle, it's identical on this play through.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
3DS

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

PS4

DQXI

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GameCube
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II

Switch
Ys VIII - beat this one, great game and a lot of fun to complete.

3DS
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - I'm liking the separate mansion style, it feels shorter and more mission focused which is exactly what a portable game needs.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
NGPC
Last Blade

PS1
Chrono Cross - Pretty underwhelmed though I'm only 5 or so hours in. The character designs suck (were they too broke to afford Toriyama?) The graphics are super splotchy. It worked for FF VIII but the larger character models just make it look weird in CC. And the combat system is super confusing (though the enemies are easy so I guess it doesn't really matter, at least at the moment). I'm going to stick it out and see what happens.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
GBA:

Fire Emblem- Made it to the final chapter, having a hard time though. I hope I can finish it, I hate putting so much time into a game and not be able to complete it. After this I think I'm done with SRPGs for awhile

for me it's about how far i get in a game. if i play a game that's just way to hard for me, i just play it to as far as i can get or try to complete at least %80 of the game.

i tried to play the final fantasy tactics and vandal heart games but just couldn't even get past the third level even after a week of trying. that tells me i can't go any further.

i play metroid prime all the time but call it quits after i beat meta ridley because the end boss of the game was the most frustrating boss i have ever come across. once i beat it the first time around, i told my self never again, so once the fight with ridley is over, i'm satisfied to as how far i got.

gamecube

zelda four swords adventure
mario sunshine

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
some nightmare fuel.
dead space series, followed by project zero series. coronary juice. :D

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Playing the PAL version of Dragon Force to compare with the Working Designs release. Not too much different which surprised me. Normally they make changes and other than removing one response when searching a castle, it's identical on this play through.

I've had this since the early 2000s bought it at a Funco. I've never played it. I liked Strat. RPGs then, but don't now. And my Saturn is fucked so I can't play it even if I want to. I think the only strat/rpg games I can play are Fire Emblem and Shining Force (I have III on Saturn and I still haven't played that one either.)

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Arcade
The Punisher - 1 credit cleared on level 4 with Frank Castle and Nick Fury. Hardest is my next goal.

Denjin Makai II/Guardians - Messing around with Combos

SF3 Turd Strike

Dreamcast
Cannon Spike - Getting closer to 1 credit clearing the first loop. Only died once.

Genesis
Castlevania bloodlines - Completed it with Belmont. Still need to clear with Eric and on expert

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Completed:

Wolfenstein The old blood on PS4
BK3 with the good ending with a friend.

Continued:

Kicking ass on warframe.
Getting my ass handed to me by the Alien queen on A51 Site 4.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
GameCube
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II

Switch
Ys VIII - beat this one, great game and a lot of fun to complete.

3DS
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - I'm liking the separate mansion style, it feels shorter and more mission focused which is exactly what a portable game needs.

Luigi's Mansion on GCN was so good. I actually have the 3DS one too but havent touched it yet. So if I'm hearing you right, Luigi's Mansion GCN is lie RE1, Luigi's Mansion 3DS is closer to RE5 in terms of linearity?

SNES:
YOSHI'S ISLAND

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Luigi's Mansion on GCN was so good. I actually have the 3DS one too but havent touched it yet. So if I'm hearing you right, Luigi's Mansion GCN is lie RE1, Luigi's Mansion 3DS is closer to RE5 in terms of linearity?

SNES:
YOSHI'S ISLAND

Mostly, it's linear but there are some opportunities to explore, and rewards for doing so. It still has the same charm, graphical style, and overall mechanics with a more streamlined approach to level completion.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
PS1: Final Fantasy VII

Pretty much done, just gearing up to take out Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon before I go beat Sephiroth.

Lots of grinding to master that Knights of the Round materia. Thank god for weapons with triple materia growth.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
2DS

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Cleared all the level 1 missions and only have one level 2 one left to go. I had to trap a bear creature, but fucked up and accidentally killed it instead, so, I have to do that mission over again. Speaking of which, this game kind of messes with your head. I was trying to kill a Great Jaggi (raptor-like dinosaur thing), and it was low on health, so it was limping around and slobbering, in an incredibly pitiful fashion, which made me feel sorry for it (never mind that it was trying to devour me seconds ago), and then, as it was escaping into another area, a sparkling item fell to the ground from its body. Thinking it was some kind of rare forging/combining material, I went over and picked it up, and what the fuck was it? A monster's tear. Goddamn it, Capcom, I made a giant lizard cry and you made me feel like a murderer for doing so!

- Nintendo Badge Arcade
277 badges, may Luigi have mercy on my soul.

- Pokémon Rumble World
Caught 323 Pokémon species and reached 40th rank--I'm a serious collectard. This game seems to be a lot more popular with the Japanese than anyone else. Everyday, when I get Mii visitors, it's about a 4:1 ratio of Japanese to Americans/Europeans (and I think I got an Aussie once).

- Pokémon Shuffle
201 Pokémon species captured and I think I'm on something like the 177th level.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PS4: DQ XI - just got the twins on my team.

Switch: The messenger - havent played since i got DQ XI, hope to get some time in it this week

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
for me it's about how far i get in a game. if i play a game that's just way to hard for me, i just play it to as far as i can get or try to complete at least %80 of the game.

i tried to play the final fantasy tactics and vandal heart games but just couldn't even get past the third level even after a week of trying. that tells me i can't go any further.

i play metroid prime all the time but call it quits after i beat meta ridley because the end boss of the game was the most frustrating boss i have ever come across. once i beat it the first time around, i told my self never again, so once the fight with ridley is over, i'm satisfied to as how far i got.

That is a good way to be, and how I've pretty much always been. I'm notorious for not finishing games all the way, and I'm trying to get better at that. But at the same time I seem to be getting frustrated more when playing, so maybe something in the middle would work the best for me.

Speaking of which....

GameCube

3DS

I was playing this recently and it is fun. I'm stuck on a boss battle about 75% through, and just can't seem to beat it. I may get your advice when you get past there