Prehistoric Isle 2

NGPC

SNK Vs Capcom MotM
SNK Vs Capcom CFC

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Neo Geo
Neo Turf Masters - played a few holes and much more fun single-player than I thought it would be

PS3
Devil May Cry 3 - Dante's character nos more fleshed out and action packed in the first mission than in all of DMC2. Challenging but much more fluid combat than what i expected from PS2 era games. I'm really enjoying this one

PS2
Lord of the Rings Two Towers - fun distraction, janky controls hinder it but they were effective for the time. Pretty decent little beat em up, and co-op is available I believe

Switch
Super Mario 64 - in world 2 because why not. I can't understand why they couldn't incorporate a 360 degree camera in this game, i could care less of any other improvement, but the lack of full camera controls on the right stick boggles me

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Skyrim SE, gfx mods make this look pretty good for an older 3d game, mostly focusing on sneaking and bow skills, these combined with the vampire night vision make for a proto-medieval Predator of sorts.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Super Mario 64 - beat Bowser twice, going around and collecting random stars. Not going for completion, i just want to get a few stars in each world. It's crazy how much I remember from this game after not playing it in 10 plus years.

PS3
Devil May Cry 3 - beat this today with the girlfriend, love the combat mechanics and different styles. Such a breath of fresh air compared to DMC2.

PS2
Lord of the Rings Two Towers - about halfway done, it's a decent beat em up. Controls are a bit jank but not bad.

Arcade
Tekken Tag Tournament
Neo Turf Masters
Windjammers

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4:

Progear
Giga Wing
Metal Slug XX
Last Blade 2
Garou
KOF 97

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Series X

Borderlands 3...still

Colecovision

Venture...made to the third floor for the first time.

Slither a centipede-like game

Wizard of Wor classic

Gradius I need to play this more.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99
Still playing after all these years it never gets old.

Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Love the little nods to Taito games from the past.

PS4
Crazy Climber 2
Got this on sale, I’ve never been good at Crazy Climber but I’m getting better at it, and I love the weird Japanese humor this game has.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
PS5: Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

I'm up to Kabuchiko stage and the feel is exactly like the PS2 only with widescreen, which is a very good thing. This game needed a great port with no flaws and so far it looks like it got one. It does ding you with an extra $10 charge if you want Dante back, though.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS5: Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

I'm up to Kabuchiko stage and the feel is exactly like the PS2 only with widescreen, which is a very good thing. This game needed a great port with no flaws and so far it looks like it got one. It does ding you with an extra $10 charge if you want Dante back, though.
I heard about paying more for Dante. Is he actually worth it?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I heard about paying more for Dante. Is he actually worth it?
From what I've read, probably not, the standard version has Raidou doing pretty much everything Dante does so it is a $10 re-skin for 1 character. I'm glad the DLC option is there because Atlus could have simply bailed on bringing back Dante due to the licensing fee, and I've only ever played the version of Nocturne that has him in it.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Slow week for games, been taking care of the fiance as she messed her feet up pretty bad

PS4
Devil May Cry 5. We skipped 4 because I didn't realize I didn't own it. So far I'm enjoying the combat, it was weird getting used to one-armed Nero and figuring out how to use his rev action effectively. Also, dodging wasn't mapped to one button like DMC3's trickster style.

Switch
Super Mario 64 - played until I got 70 stars. I'm not sure if it's the controls or just the game in general, but it felt like there's a frame or two of lag which caused some bullshit deaths. It's also the cause of some frustration in platforming that I don't recall being in the original.

Arcade
Tekken Tag Tournament
Soccer Brawl

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Roundup 6/27/21

PS4
Last of Us Part 2 - i enjoyed this one and stayed away from reviews because I wanted to see the game through on its own merit. Gameplay and stealth is great, natural evolution from the first game. Story wise i felt it fell flat towards the end. "Boss battles" if you can call them that, were more interactive cut scenes without QTE notifications on screen, and too long for their own good.

PS1
Final Fantasy Tactics - playing through again and it feels great. Still a bit wonky compared to the PSP version, but very serviceable and still addictive as ever. About to finish chapter 3.

GBC
Dragon Warrior III - first playthrough, i like the small scale of it. Just started and cleared the first tower to get the thief's key.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4:

Bound- It's little janky here and there but the visuals and audio are amazing
Gris- Masterpiece

Picked up a copy of Metal Wolf Chaos yesterday and am looking forward to the shitfest.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Series X

D&D: Dark Alliance - This exceeded my expectations. A bit more than a mindless hack n slash. Decent depth to the move sets and some apparent dial-a-combos.

Not sure how well the ARPG elements will pan out in terms of replay ability. Feels like the different difficulties may be a substitute for content but I appreciate being able to run a mission in 10-15 min then go do something else.

Now give us a fucking Mage please.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
EDF 5 - finished it on Hard, now working through the missions on Hardest/Inferno and it is brutal.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
GBA
SFA3

Arcade1up

Street Fighter II CE
Super Street Fighter II

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PS4:
Ketsui DeathTiny

360 Ketsu-Pachi will always be my favorite, thanks to the music; however, the M2 ShotTriggers treatment is top shelf.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
7-11

Switch
Tetris 99 - Had to unlock the new Mario Golf skin

The Takeover - I’m really enjoying this so far, I’m about halfway through.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Swith
GG Aleste 2 – Picked this back up after putting it aside for a month or so. I can get to the last formation of the final boss. I'll hopefully get the clear this week.

Pac-Man 99 – Pure crack.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Since I'm clearing out shit off my shelves

Atari Jaguar - Avp, Doom, Wolfenstein
Atari 7800 - Asteroids, Galaga, Ms Pacman
Intellivision - Demon Attack, DragonFire, Venture
Gamecube - Super Smash Bros Melee, Starfox, Resident Evil 4
Saturn - Deep Fear. Contra, Swagman

For fun

Colecovision Donkey Kong 3, Yars Revenge, Gradius
Series X Borderlands 3
PC Engine Dracula X, Alien Crush, Lords of Thunder, Splatterhouse, Devil's Crush

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4- Game Tengoku Cruising' Mix. No tate option on the new version but there is tate within the saturn port options?

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Final Fantasy XV - we just got access to chocobos. Not sure what the deal is, but this one is not really grabbing us like other stories. Maybe it's the pacing or the whole car thing, but I am getting bored. Maybe completing more story missions will help.

PS1
Final Fantasy Tactics - Chapter 4. Ramzan has blue pants now and looks like a boss. My calculator is the anihellator of worlds.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Smitch
GG Aleste II – Got the clear

Power Strike II (GG version) - Got the clear. Seems a lot easier than GG Aleste II, but maybe I'm imagining it and the only change was the Euro localization.

GG Aleste 3 - Had my best run yet – but still didn't touch the last two levels. The game has an unrecoverable Gradius-power-down challenge after the third level, IMO.

Octopath Traveller - Finally got started on this one. I always play one big RPG in the summer, so now was the time. I really like it so far, but I'm only a few hours in and only have one team member.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
7/19
Switch
Tetris 99
Takeover - I’ve gotten a little further almost done

Still basically the only two games I’ve been playing