Weekly Roundup

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Working through Hades, beat him twice and 8 more times to go with various weapons.

Excited to try Death Loop tomorrow.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
How's the sonic colors remaster? I hear nothing but negativity and wanted to see an unbiased opinion
I never played the Wii version, but I definitely feel like there's lag when you do a double jump. I played through the first three stages so far.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's such a SEGA thing to do to port the best 3D Sonic game to modern systems and then botch the port.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Honestly I’m in the minority it seems but I prefer Generations to Colors and agree Sonic is laggy and I feel a lack of speed sometimes with how the levels are set up.

i had the Wii version and I got stuck somewhere and couldn’t get any further, so it’s the only mainline 3d Sonic game I never finished (actually this and 2006 the garbage that is) so I thought I’d try my luck again.

not sure if these issues got fixed or they were issues at all for the Switch version

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's such a SEGA thing to do to port the best 3D Sonic game to modern systems and then botch the port.
Sega was even to lazy to port sonic colors them self they just let blind squirrel games do it.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Still way into Guilty Gear Strive. It keeps getting more and more fun for me. I have mastered some bread butter combos and now have to dig into the Roman Cancel BS.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

God of War- Gave Control and break and started this last week. Been playing for about 4 hours a day, this game while not perfect is one of the better AAA titles I've played in a long time. It sucked me in pretty quick, the combat is extremely satisfying and the production values are second to none. Not the biggest fan of the little kid but he works well in the actual gameplay.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
9/19/21
Switch
Crusin Blast - I’ve played this every day since I got it, just unlocked hard mode

Tetris 99 - Unlocked the new Wario skin

PS4
Sonic Colors

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Where did you pick up Cruisin’?
I can’t find it anywhere.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I got all 8 characters is Octopath and am now realizing it might’ve been easier to just get 4 and go through their quests and then get the other 4 and go through theirs. I’m grinding at the moment but will start the level 2 stories tonight.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Too many games:

Gunlord X on Switch: Holy shit this game is good. I'm slowly collecting the big gems and getting through it. I have one stage left to finish the game, but am slowly going back and finding everything. Best game I've played in a long long time. The boards here recommended it... so that is awesome.

Diablo II: It's diablo.

Dragon Quest XI: It's *so* Dragon Quest it hurts. Boring ass grinding level up game, I like it.

Razion EX: I like Gunlord X better.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Borderlands 3
Yugioh
Metal Slug ngpc

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pokemon Shuffle & Rumble World on my 2DS, Scatter Slots on my phone, same shit I've been playing for years now. It's a sad state of affairs when you play free games 1,000x more than the games you actually bought. I must have a raging perpetual boner for Charmander or something...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS4
Final Fantasy XII - thoroughly enjoyed this game. Expect to beat it this week. Once I understood the gambit system it made grinding and combat a breeze, and at this point I don't have time to grind like i did before. I dislike Vaan's place in the story, he was clearly shoehorned in based on the interactions with the rest of the characters.

Switch
Crosscode - put this down for a bit, but picked it up again. The puzzles can be a bit overwhelming, i find myself using a guide more often than not.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, Vaan is pointless and a whiny little bitch.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2, started Yakuza 3 now. I am determined to get through these games!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished God of War on PS4 but it says I've only completed like 27% of the games total content. However since the main story is finished I find I have no real incentive to do any of the side quests etc. Overall it was a satisfying experience but there are some serious flaws and I would be happy to never see or hear that stupid kid again.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Finished God of War on PS4 but it says I've only completed like 27% of the games total content. However since the main story is finished I find I have no real incentive to do any of the side quests etc. Overall it was a satisfying experience but there are some serious flaws and I would be happy to never see or hear that stupid kid again.
100% the side quests are bogus. I mean you should have done some of them on the journey but overall naah. Did you end up beating the mother valkyrie? I got close after many attempts but never could.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nah I didn't fight any of the Valkyries and only freed a couple dragons. I was actually kind of shocked at how quickly the game ended, it was maybe 40 hours (which is a lot for me) but that ending just kind of came out of nowhere.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
8/26/21

Switch
Crisis Wing
Crusin Blast - Now on hard
Tetris 99
Shootout - Had some fun with this old game

PS4
Million Arthur

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
10/3
PS4
Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams - went through the game with both characters

Switch
Crusin Blast - Made some progress on hard mode
Tetris 99

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4:

Resident Evil 4- Hadn't played this since the GC days, showing it's age but it still holds up remarkably well. Controls need an update though.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS4:

Resident Evil 4- Hadn't played this since the GC days, showing it's age but it still holds up remarkably well. Controls need an update though.
Playing RE4 immediately after RE5 was a massive change in controls. The lack of a right stick to look around beyond a quick peek was horrendously hindering and something i had to get used to.

Dead Space - i play this every October if I'm home and it still holds up. Looking forward to how the remake will change/improve the formula.

Switch
Crosscode - in the final temple, these things are engaging but overstay their welcome. Way too long with physics/time based puzzles that are a hair above obnoxious.