Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Metroid Dread - beat 5 EMMI so far, i feel the EMMI battles are more trial and error puzzles with the tons of deaths that i accumulate. Curious if snyone had speed run this yet

PS4
Bioshock - we made it past Sander Cohen, plan is to beat the game tonight

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
10/31
PS1 on PS3
Slap Happy Rhythm Busters

SNES
Kat’s Run
Cotton 100%
Cosmo Gang the Shooting

Switch
Tetris 99 - Got the Metroid skin
Match of the Millennium- only have the evil characters to unlock
Progear

PS4
Curse of the Moon 2

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Power Instinct - Always been a fan of this series wish the newest one had a home port I did get to play that at wataru330’s garage once.
Fixed! ;^)

*it was running on the TypeX2 in my Net City. Craig Tomahawk & Stefan were bogarding that cab most of the night. 😅
Did you not get in on that?

** my youngest gets her 2nd covid shot mid November. I’m hoping for a December meet up, before the snows come.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
11/7

Genesis
High Seas Havoc
Grindstormer

Turbografx
Final Lap Twin - I had a friend who his parents would buy him the latest video game stuff despite him being an asshole to his parents and younger brother. He had a Genesis and a Sega CD before anyone else (he brought over his Genesis to my parents house for a sleepover and that was the first time I played it) and his younger brother had a Turbografx which I had also never played. He had this game Battle Royale and Andre Panza Kickboxing. I liked Final Lap and thought the rpg mode was interesting at the time but I thought the Wrestling game was terrible at the time and it kind of made a bad impression on me for what would become one of my top 4 all time favorite systems (PC Engine)

Switch
Tetris 99
Match of the Millennium- Just have Evil Iori left I unlocked Evil Ryu the other day.

PS3
Capcom Vs SNK 2 - Man Ultimate Rugal is a bitch, I gave up fighting him

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
11/7

Turbografx
Final Lap Twin - I had a friend that his parents would buy him the latest video game stuff despite him being an asshole to his parents and younger brother. He had a Genesis and a Sega CD before anyone else (he brought over his Genesis to my parents house for a sleepover and that was the first time I played it) and his younger brother had a Turbografx which I had also never played. He had this game Battle Royale and Andre Panza Kickboxing. I liked Final Lap and thought the rpg mode was interesting at the time but I thought the Wrestling game was terrible at the time and it kind me of made a bad impression on me for what would become one of my top 4 all time favorite systems (PC Engine)
Love Final Lap Twin. The RPG mode made me laugh when I first saw it. Beat it back in the day, and I should really do a play through again some time.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Uncharted 3 - always a good run through, even though I feel it is weaker in terms of pacing and story than 2. The game could do without the acid trips, constant chasing, and the entire wandering the desert bit.

Bioshock 2 - finished this today, the fiance is now fully invested in the bioshock universe. I haven't played infinite before, but that will come sooner than later. I recall it being lauded as one of the GOATs, but it also has not really been talked about much lately.

Switch
Metroid Dread - beat this during a conference call for work and I thoroughly enjoyed it. More open ended than Fusion but not so much that you're wandering aimlessly, the bosses kicked my ass many times before i got their patterns down.

Dragon Quest XI - started this, DQ games are comfortable adventures and i was looking forward to this for a long time.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Doki Doki Literature Club+ This game is wild as fuck. I'm glad I didn't read anything about it before playing it. A friend of mine has been recommending for quite a while.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Saturn

Installed a Fenrir in one of my Saturns. So.... Lots of different stuff.

Got the LoZ G&W, but haven't opened it yet. Looking forward to messing around with it on breaks at work.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Dragon Quest XI - saved a prince with Sylvandos help. I'm enjoying the pacing of this one and it's comfortable to play in bursts.

PS4
Resident Evil Revelations - haven't played this since the 3DS version, i enjoy how it's broken up into small episodes but some are much longer than others. Story is messy and tries to be bigger than it needs to be, but gameplay is solid for a quick run through

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Smitch
Octopath - I finished three chapter 3 stories today. There’s definitely a big tick up in difficulty and strategy requirements going from chapter 2 to 3.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
SeX

Borderlands 3 doing the daily challenges for keys to get goodies.

Tiny Tina's Assault on I forget a Wunderland one shot. In preparation for the Wunderlands game, 2K released Borderlands 2 bonus content as it's own game. Very little new things, they actually took some things away.

Not really worth $9.99 (you can get Borderlands 2 with all the season content for the same price).

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Still FFXII, trying to get the Zodiac Spear & Escutcheon from the hunt club quest, I can't seem to be able to kill Disma, which is the last rare mark that I need. Also Zeromus one shots my party with the special attack, only summon that I haven't got. In retrospect some of the profession like Red Battlemage are totally useless, I might go and reconfigure some of roles on my characters. I need two white mages and a proper tank.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)

Couldn't be bothered to find and install my original PC retail version and definitely glad I didn't buy the remastered trilogy abortion.

Anyway, I still really enjoy this game. I just wish the music selection were as good as Vice City's.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Finished Doki Doki Literature Club+, it was a lot of fun especially considering it's something I would normally hate. Still a super flawed game but gets big points for originality. It's weird to see something like that sitting on the shelves at major retailers.

Got a bit further in Manifold Garden, not quite as good as I was hoping for but it's not bad. Shares a bit to much with Portal and a couple other 3D puzzlers to be wholey original but it sure looks cool.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
11/14/21

PS4/Switch

Playing Giga Wing a lot on my PS4 and undocked on my Switch

Switch
Tetris 99
Match of the Millennium-Unlocked Evil Iori all done unlocking all characters

PS3
Blood Roar 2 - I always liked Bloody Roar I remember playing it at a friends apartment when it first came out who insisted on calling it Bloody Whore everytime we played it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Arcade
Simpsons
Simpsons Bowling
Undercover cops
Night slashers
Elevator action
Crystal castles
X men
Data East’s Avengers

V-Pin
Attack from Mars
Mideval Madness
Hurricane
The Getaway

Atgames Legends Pinball
Combat 2016
Elevator Action
Pool Champion remake
Time Machine Remake
Centigrade

Switch
Mario Party Superstars - got my g/f hooked. Best MP in years!
Shin Megami Tensi 5 - quality of life improvements and a new coat of paint. Enjoying so far.

Real pinball
Spooky’s Halloween
Godzilla LE

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
11/21
Switch
Tetris 99
Giga Wing

PS4
Giga Wing

PS2 Never a big Ps2 fan but I hooked it up for the first time in a while
Street Fighter EX3 - Has to be the weirdest Street Fighter

Taito Legends 2
Liquid Kids
Gun Frontier
Looney Invaders
Metal Black
Elevator Action 2
Gekirindan

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)

It's pretty cool to play these games at the same time since they share a setting, just a few years apart. I will probably do the same with Vice City and Vice City Stories next. Might do San Andreas after that but I usually am put off by all the stat management and dating sim bullshit.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
11/28/21

PS4
Giga Wing
Chaos Code
Shikondo Soul Eater
Space Moth Lunar Edition - This is pretty good for an indie shooter, kind of DoDonPachish - wish I got the Strictly Limited Physical that sold out pretty quick

Switch
Giga Wing
Tetris 99

PS1 via PS3
Power Instinct 2

PS 1 via PS2
Street Fighter EX + Alpha

PS2
King of Route 66

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Switch
Espgaluda II

PS4
Castlevania Anniversary Collection

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
291634E3-83B2-4DF1-A346-704F222BE7F1.jpeg
Got my F3 multi+LIONS3 gear installed. I McGuyver’d some spacers to make room for the JNX kick header. Stereo out from my S•TV leads from young ‘pan.
This is a fun system I’ve been running all week.
6D39DA98-FB14-481B-9934-C25586D8AE0B.jpeg

59287483-287B-41D4-ABE6-046B9DDD7028.jpeg

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Ghost of Tsushima DC- How come no-one ever told me this games was so awesome? I've seen it at stores a million times and always passed over it because the box art is so generic, even the title font is deceptive. I had no idea it was a highly polished samurai game set in the 1400s. This game is legit.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Finished FFXII, in the end the only optional bosses I didn't kill were the Behemoth King (the fight is boring and not even hard) Omega Mark XII (can be cheesed with the Nihopaloa) and the Fire Dragon (several million HP, zzz) Did get all the summons, rare marks and the Zodiac gear. Some things I didn't do which hack me off, I didn't remember to steal the items for making the Tournesol, and I forgot to steal the Genji stuff from Gilgamesh. Might go back for Trial mode.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
12/5/21

PS1
Rival Schools

Switch
Tetris 99
Giga Wing

PS4
Battle Garegga
Giga Wing
Space Moth Lunar Edition
19xx War Against Destiny
Life force

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Got my analogue mini nt noir this week:
Gimmick! - Holy shit what a pretty and ball breakingly hard game. Ive made it most of the way through level 3 at this point, but i dont see finishing this one until i get an everdrive pro for using save states.
Master blaster - missed this one as i child, but always remember Johnny Arcade giving tips and tricks about it at the beginning of each episode of video power. Decided to finally give it a go and i like it a lot. Need saves for this one too.
La grange point - its phantasy star on famicom, and that's awesome. Great music too!