Weekly Roundup

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I recommend the game its pretty fun. I also ordered Pocky and Rocky Reshrined not sure when its gonna be shipped.

PS5
Returnal : It's a cool concept but the game got boring to me after a few hours
Resident Evil 8: Beat it third time this weekend. Trying to platinum this game.
I preordered from Amazon, its supposed to hit on the 31st.
So unless the pre orders ship early I'm suspecting first week of next month.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Control- I hit a wall with this about a year ago and decided to restart it last week. It's really a great game, the story is pretty much nonsense but it's told in a cool way and the general vibe of the game is very unique. Like The Hudsucker Proxy meets Brazil meets Akira. The architecture and level design are fantastic and the gameplay is awesome once you get all your abilities and level up weapons. It's pretty difficult though, I had to tweak some of the setting to get a good balance between enjoyment and challenge.

The section near the end with the hotel maze set to music is one of the coolest and most well executed levels in any video game I've ever seen. Totally worth experiencing for yourself.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
100% for Wonderlands main game but there's still boss battles and trials until the next season pass release.

Shining Force CD the Mega SD isn't allowing the fourth story to play or even recognizing it. If you play through both of the normal games, a third story appears. While playing the second story you need to search a well and get a ticket. After beating all 3 and having the ticket, a fourth story should be available.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Swth
I beat the main game of Mario 3D World with all stars, all stamps, and all golden flags. Now I just have to do the post-game world.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Genesis Mini - Just some messing around. Haven't been playing much of anything lately.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PCB

Batsugun Special
Deathsmiles

MVS

Garou
KOF 02
SSVS

Stranger Things pinball

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Mobile:
Plants vs. Zombies. Unlocked all the mini/puzzle/survival games and beat every level on every difficulty. Other than collecting every species of plant for my zen garden, I'm pretty much done (that just takes time, and grinding, because they're random enemy drops unless you pay 50K for a present box guaranteed to give you one that you don't already own.) There are also a handful of achievements I haven't gotten (including all of said plants), but, a few of them are beyond my skill to complete.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Games haven't been too plentiful this week, but i got a little bit in

DS
Pokemon SoulSilver - about to fight the 4th gym trainer. I love these games but the lack of EXP all is making the grind an absolute slog.

Raiden Fighters Jet

PS2
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks - just beat Baraka and now we're in a wastelands area. I can do this game in doses, as the jank and monotone art style wears after a while.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
THPS 1&2 Remaster
PS4

Tons of fun playing this w/ the kids.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Alan Wake Remastered PS4- This is a pretty mixed bag, on one hand it's a competent remaster on the other they didn't bother to fix any of the preexisting problems and the remaster just makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

-The controls are shit, clunky, buggy just horribly awkward.
-The camera is shit, this is one thing they really should have improved.
-There are a lot of graphical glitches and collision issues.
-The driving sections still totally suck ass.
-The character animations all look PS2 era.
-They didn't add any options. This is baffling, as a remaster there should be a ton of new options. These would fix half the problems like camera and control layout etc. Basic shit.

It's still an awesome game, it's the closest we're gonna get to playing a Stephen King book. Complete with dumb coke fueled shit like possessed farm equipment. It's just really showing it's age and while it was pretty outside the box at the time now it comes off as goofy and half baked. There's a charm to that but it's not always intentional.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Alan Wake Remastered PS4- This is a pretty mixed bag, on one hand it's a competent remaster on the other they didn't bother to fix any of the preexisting problems and the remaster just makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

-The controls are shit, clunky, buggy just horribly awkward.
-The camera is shit, this is one thing they really should have improved.
-There are a lot of graphical glitches and collision issues.
-The driving sections still totally suck ass.
-The character animations all look PS2 era.
-They didn't add any options. This is baffling, as a remaster there should be a ton of new options. These would fix half the problems like camera and control layout etc. Basic shit.

It's still an awesome game, it's the closest we're gonna get to playing a Stephen King book. Complete with dumb coke fueled shit like possessed farm equipment. It's just really showing it's age and while it was pretty outside the box at the time now it comes off as goofy and half baked. There's a charm to that but it's not always intentional.
I felt the same when i started a quick playthrough last October. It hasn't aged all that well and felt much more cumbersome than i remembered. Sad to see that the remaster "preserves" some of the issues.

PS2
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks - the last boss fight, which is a gauntlet of Shang Tsung, Kitaro, and then Shao Khan with minimal health pick-ups and zero checkpoints, is complete bullshit. Tempted to just out the game down and say fuck it, but it's a co-op playthrough and she wants to beat it once and for all.

DS
Pokemon SoulSilver - beat the 4th gym boss but really haven't picked this up to do much. I get a sort of fatigue with Pokemon games in general around this time, and i don't want to put it down but it looks like it may end up just being left aside.

Raiden Fighters Jet - busy weekend so I'll try to put some rounds in here to beat @Neodogg score

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Wonderlands dropped the latest dlc and it's bad. This is the worst dlc for any Borderlands game ever. The season pass has been an absolute disaster, it provides no new content. It's boss battles featuring bosses you've already beat.

This should have been free content not season pass material.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Genesis:
M.U.S.H.A. The world needs more shmups with giant mecha shooting up classic Japanese steampunk constructs.

GBA:
Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realms. The levels go on for WAY too long, in comparison to the original, but, I dig the janky rendered art style and monsters (I always meant to model some of them, especially the rats with scorpion tails, but, never got around to it). The first boss, a lazy ass giant skeleton, who just reclines inside a pavillion, laughing and tossing shit at you (I like to imagine that he's really down-on-his-luck undead Shao Kahn), until you knock apart the pillars and drop the roof down on him, cracks me up. Wise from your grabe!

Mobile: Plants vs Zombies. Still trying to collect all the plants for my Zen Garden. Also somehow made it through 24 waves of zombies in endless survival, which amazed me (my previous record was 14).

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Sad to see that the remaster "preserves" some of the issues.
lol that's a good way to put it.

I just don't understand why some of these companies even bother remastering stuff if they're not going to fix actual well known problems. If I wanted to play a fucked up buggy version of the game I'd just replay the original. What's the point?

Oh well at least it's a good game at it's core and maybe some more people checked it out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Smatch
I'm at the final level of Super Mario 3D World and holy shit, it's evil. It seems nearly impossible to finish without powerups, so I have to keep re-loading my save when I lose, which is a pain in the nuts. I got pretty close to the end earlier today, but I tried again tonight and couldn't even get to the second of like six parts.

Mostly Mario Maker 2

A little Ikaruga and Daikatana

Deathsmiles for Switch should be here this week.
Welcome back.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Smatch
I'm at the final level of Super Mario 3D World and holy shit, it's evil. It seems nearly impossible to finish without powerups, so I have to keep re-loading my save when I lose, which is a pain in the nuts. I got pretty close to the end earlier today, but I tried again tonight and couldn't even get to the second of like six parts.

Welcome back.
The level in 3D world where it's dark and full of poison water, piranha plants, and moving obstacles. That level. That's the one I said eff it and used the invincibility suit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice- More of a really high concept interactive experience than an actual game. A step or two above a "walking simulator". Technically it's extremely impressive, the story is engaging (I can't believe it's by the same douche that made DMC) and what combat there is is satisfying enough. It just feels like an amazing extended demo, a really great foundation for an actual game. If you go into it knowing that then it's quite enjoyable and I'm not kidding when I say it's technically impressive, it looks and sounds incredible.

I really wish it was a fully realized story driven action game though. There's so much potential for a truly original and satisfying gaming experience here.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Still Nioh 2 I'm at the part where the partner is found suspect, some of the twilight missions are quite hard, but more in a bullshit Dark Souls 2 DLC way, still a top game 4/5

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Xenogears for PS1. Not too far in (about to fight Shakan) but, can't help myself and have been using the Debug Item Gameshark code. Having the Combo Star is a godsend as learning Deathblows takes forever without it. Also, having items that were meant to be in the game but, never implemented, is great.

Also, fucking you guys. I like Disk 2.

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth- Only played about an hour and so far it's a solid SOTN clone but your sub weapon is a bow and arrow with Bust a Move style ricochet mechanic. Nice animation, music etc. a bit on the easy side so far though.