Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Haven't seen it.
It's very good, follows the short stories a bit more of I read correctly. The timeline jumps around a lot, so there's a lot of articles online explaining stuff

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Smish
Link's Awakening - Beat the 8th dungeon, so I'm doing some side stuff before waking the Wind Fish. I caught all the fish except for the Blooper, have 4 shells to find, and finished the Color Dungeon. I'm not going to go after all the Zelda Maker tiles, though.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Thanks for your input ggallegos, the timeline jumping is a little confusing for sure.

1/12/20

Switch
Tetris 99

PS3
Castle of Shikigami 2 the SOTM

That's about it, light week for me

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
1/19/20 Played a lot Saturday with the ice/snow outside it was a good day to stay in

Switch
Tetris 99
Battle Princess Madelyn

PS4
Dragon ball Fighterz
Blade Arcus From Shining

PS3
Castle of Shikigami 2 - The SOTM - Didn’t play it too much this week so I did not make any headway score wise

Steam
Battle Crust

Sega Saturn
Got one of those Hyperkin HDMI cables to mess around with. It’s fine but is weird playing a Saturn game without crt scanlines. If I turn the sound up I get major static. All that being said it’s not too bad though to mess with for what it is and I can bring it to a friends house for gaming

Sega Rally
Rad mobile/ Gale Racer - Shame this didn’t get a US release in a compilation w Power Drift or something
Groove on Fight - I really like the Power Instinct series (I still haven’t played the newest one yet), I however do not care for this entry that much
X-men vs Street Fightet - Ran through this
Marvel vs Streetfighter - Ran through this one too, both were fun to mess around with for the first time in ages

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PlayStation 4

I spent a lot of time with Devil May Cry 5 this week. I never bought all of the abilities for the characters and I don't yet have S rank for all the levels on any difficulty yet. Just got wrapped up with the Secret Missions.

I don't like how muddy the graphics are in the Qliphoth tree. The action gets lost in the background far too often. Say what you want about Devil May Cry 4, but the smooth lines and simplistic color palette, especially for the enemies, resulted in a gaming experience where the action didn't bleed into the environment quite as much as it does here. For my part, parrying attacks with counterstrikes to run up the Style Meter has been more of a challenge this time around as a result.

Still haven't really touched Bloody Palace yet, either.

V's play style is revolutionary to this genre, IMO. It's also something that could never be copied without being instantly identified as derivative. This was a one and done design, and maybe that's for the best. He's great fun to play.

Weirdly, I'm not all that excited about Resident Evil 3 Remake. After seeing how lazy the adaptation process for Resident Evil 2 Remake was, I'm fearful they'll take all the same shortcuts this time. Also, I'm not sure how they pull off Nemesis in this; Mr. X can follow you all around the game in REmake 2. This was Nemesis' gimmick, and was a revolutionary concept in the series when Resident Evil 3 was first released. I feel as though they went too far with Mr. X and his pursuit range.

Switch

The previous week, I returned to Sevastapol Station and played through Alien: Isolation twice. Once on normal difficulty and once on novice to easily gather up all the collectibles. I also played the Crew Expendable DLC as Parker and even though it's a shorter experience, it's still rather intense. I have yet to play Last Survivor or the Survival mode on the Switch version, however. The Switch version is the definitive version of the game, and over five years later it is still an excellent game.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Still playing a lot of Sega games on the mini with Project Lunar. I can't get it to load Sega Cd games which annoys me.

fake

15 Year Member
Smitch
Link's Awakening - Caught all the fish, found all the shells. I have two heart containers left to find. I can't decide if I'm going to bother or if I'm just going to wrap it up and move onto Seiken Den 1.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Still playing a lot of Sega games on the mini with Project Lunar. I can't get it to load Sega Cd games which annoys me.

Are Sega CD games an option? I may have to mod mine then if that is the case.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Oh forgot to mention I finally jumped into Aliens: Infestation for the NDS (playing on my 3DS) after owning it for years (owing to my current Alien kick).

The game is actually pretty impressive and an underrated gem. I am not a fan of the permadeath, but the level design is complex without being complicated, the game has good, tight control, excellent sound and great character art by Chris Bachalo. Worth a playthrough if you like side scrolling action games with exploration elements and good, intense atmosphere.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Started back up playing E.D.F. 2025 (ranger) on 360 again today. I got burnt out bad farming armor to finish on inferno a couple years ago. Got like 7 missions left to finish it, got all weapons for ranger. There are a few missions I'm going to need 14000 + armor to be able to withstand the onslaught.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Started back up playing E.D.F. 2025 (ranger) on 360 again today. I got burnt out bad farming armor to finish on inferno a couple years ago. Got like 7 missions left to finish it, got all weapons for ranger. There are a few missions I'm going to need 14000 + armor to be able to withstand the onslaught.
Fantastic game, such a time sink to drop endless hours just blowing stuff up. I preferred the Wing Diver class for it's mobility

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Namco System 246

Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition

Taito NESICAxLive Hardware

Yatagarasu

Sega Mega Drive

Kotetsu Teikoku/The Steel Empire

Nintendo 64

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Tetrisphere

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Namco System 246

Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition

Taito NESICAxLive Hardware

Yatagarasu

Sega Mega Drive

Kotetsu Teikoku/The Steel Empire

Nintendo 64

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Tetrisphere

I’ll play you in Yatagarasu sometime

Is it at the Round 1 in Philly per chance? Have you been to that one, how does it compare to Exton's?

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
1/26/20
Little bit of a Sega kick this week

Saturn
Marvel vs Streetfighter - Ran through this a few more times
Manx TT
Sega Touring Car -never did well in third person view but first person I fair much better

PS3
Daytona USA - Such a great version
Crazy Taxi
Castle of Shikigami 2
Under defeat - a shooter I never got into, still not one of my favorites

PS4
Blazing Chrome - Finally got this in from LRG, it’s great so far

Steam
Blade Arcus from Shining
Battle Crust

Switch
Tetris 99
Outrun

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Been traveling and got a bad case of the flu (no Coronavirus, I checked) so gaming took a back end this week.

PS1
Grandia - finally picked this up again and got taken to a military base of some sort.

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV - made it to Ikebukuro and running around looking for a bookstore.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been traveling and got a bad case of the flu (no Coronavirus, I checked) so gaming took a back end this week.

PS1
Grandia - finally picked this up again and got taken to a military base of some sort.

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV - made it to Ikebukuro and running around looking for a bookstore.

Still plugging away at Grandia, hope you’re feeling better

fake

15 Year Member
Got all the hearts and all the shells in Link's Awakening. Not bothering with the chamber stones. Gonna wake up the fish tonight.