Weekly Roundup

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
9/29/19

PS3
Persona Arena - I just got a PS3 when I got this and didn't invest too much time into it at the time. Last week at Round 1 I saw the sequel on one of the vewlix cabs and thought I'd give it a go again

Switch
Tetris 99 - Carry over from getting the Kirby skin last week, I've been playing to meet the daily challenges and have unlocked Donkey Kong and Super Mario Skins so far with Zelda next

PS4
Blade Strangers - Better than I thought it would be, little clunky in the animations but it hit a price point on Amazon that I was willing to give it a go so I got it

Steam
Chaos Code NSOC - Keep going back to this when I load up steam
Steel Vampire - Probably the biggest ship in a shoot em up I've seen. I've only played it a couple times but did not see tate mode which is disappointing for a vertical shooter on PC, but its interesting so far plus it has skull bombs like Truxton!

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Switch

DQ XI

SNES

Equinox
Pilotwings

Been playing random stuff, when I have time, on the Genesis Mini.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been playing random stuff, when I have time, on the Genesis Mini.

What are your impressions of it? I had it on preorder then I cancelled it figuring I would get it at a later date.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
So far I'm digging it. Audio, for once, on this emulation device/clone machine, actually sounds pretty good. Mind you, practically anything was going to sound better than what AtGames was putting out. The 3-button controllers are look and feel like the old ones, except that the d-pad feels a little spongy (it's been a long time since I've regularly used a 3-button pad, so that may well be 'authentic').

My only complaint so far is that scrolling through the main menu is a pain. I'll push the d-pad once to scroll to the next game and it will somehow jump two or three games over. A small complaint. I haven't noticed this happening in the games, so no big deal. Another small complaint was: If you're going through the trouble to put a volume slider on the front of the case, that moves even, why not put an actual headphone jack in there? At eighty bucks for the console, I find it hard to believe that it would have added that much to the cost.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS3
Killzone HD - beat this one last night, the last section was bullshit.

WiiU
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Played this on PS3 years ago, wanted to give the director's cut a shot.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
So far I'm digging it. Audio, for once, on this emulation device/clone machine, actually sounds pretty good. Mind you, practically anything was going to sound better than what AtGames was putting out. The 3-button controllers are look and feel like the old ones, except that the d-pad feels a little spongy (it's been a long time since I've regularly used a 3-button pad, so that may well be 'authentic').

My only complaint so far is that scrolling through the main menu is a pain. I'll push the d-pad once to scroll to the next game and it will somehow jump two or three games over. A small complaint. I haven't noticed this happening in the games, so no big deal. Another small complaint was: If you're going through the trouble to put a volume slider on the front of the case, that moves even, why not put an actual headphone jack in there? At eighty bucks for the console, I find it hard to believe that it would have added that much to the cost.

Thanks, true point about the headphone jack, nice to hear the sound is good.

I got one of those retro bit Saturn pads for steam last week and had pretty much the same complaint as you did everything but the pad felt exactly the same.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Mostly Scatter Slots on my tablet, and I don't even particularly like slots, but, I dig this one.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
River City Girls

Genesis Mini
Mega Man Wily Wars

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PS

Resident Evil 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Game Gear

Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict translation

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
River City Girls

Genesis Mini
Mega Man Wily Wars

How are you liking River City Girls? It looks fantastic but also really catering to the stereotypical anime weeaboos. It reminds me a lot of Scott Pilgrim on XBLA.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
How are you liking River City Girls? It looks fantastic but also really catering to the stereotypical anime weeaboos. It reminds me a lot of Scott Pilgrim on XBLA.
I'm enjoying it so far and i'm not bother by it's anime aesthetic.If you played any of the kunio-kun beat'em ups,then you know what to expect.Still since i'm just playing it solo so the game can be rather difficult i wish it had online for the co-op.I say the most downside to the game is having enough money for the dojo,buying items to refill health etc.Beside it's penalty is really harsh for dying since you lose a good deal of money for continuing.All in all i think wayfoward did a good job with it's game play and i'm really dig it's soundtrack.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
WiiU
Deus Ex Human Revolution - just went through the first main mission, walking around Detroit now.

Halo 4 - completed the campaign

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
10/6
SNES
Gradius III
Power Instinct

Mega drive/Genesis
Pengo
Sports Talk Baseball

Switch
Tetris 99

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am almost done with Bloodstained, it is a pretty good SoTN clone. It is not as good though and buggy as heck, I crashed a number of times on XB1.

Also started on Daemon X Machina. It is very pretty and feels like an Armored Core game.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
10/13/19

Switch - Tetris 99 -When I power up my switch this is usually my go to

PS4 - Freedom Planet - I know this started as a Sonic fan made game. This game is very hard on Normal mode. My fingers get sore when fighting the bosses it’s fun but tough for sure.

PS3 - I finally setup a Japanese PSN account so

King of Fighters Reg A - I liked 2006 (I know I’m in the minority) so I was always curious about this game a KOF I've never played, well now I know I didn't miss much. No arcade mode only time attack and versus. It's cool playing as Mizoguchi from Karnov’s Revenge for one though

Real Bout Fatal Fury Dominated Mind - I played this before, Billy Kane still is a bugger for me to beat and the new guy White is tough as well, it’s nice having the extra characters but missing the stage intros sucks as they add to the charm or RBFFS and one thing that separates it from RBFF2

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Wii U
Deus Ex Human Revolution - wandering around Detroit doing side missions. I love the stealth mechanics in this game, it's far more regarding to hack and sneak than just go guns blazing

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Wii U
Deus Ex Human Revolution - wandering around Detroit doing side missions. I love the stealth mechanics in this game, it's far more regarding to hack and sneak than just go guns blazing
Quoting myself as I'm still chipping away at this game. In China now, about to get into the next big boss fight with the chick. I've always liked the upgrade system in this game, every upgrade sounds both useful and beneficial to my play style, so it's ways a tough decision to use my praxis points.

Also

Neo
King of Fighters 2000
Real Bout

PCB
Tekken Tag Tournament
Street Fighter Zero 3

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
10/20/19

PS4
Fire Pro Wrestling
Freedom Planet - Frustrated with the jumps at a point in the final level

Steam
King of fighters XIII

Switch
Tetris 99
Aerofighters 2 - got it on sale this week

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
SNES

Tetris 2
Super Metroid

GB

Tetris
Defender/Joust

Switch

Tetris 99

I need to get back into DQB and DQXI...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PS mini

Shining Force

Xbone

Borderlands 3

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Switch:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Played a few matches and that was it.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Recently finished up with all 4 of the divine beasts. All that's left to do is to prepare for Hyrule Castle.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Nintendo Switch

Dragon Quest III-Finished it and totally forgot it was a prequel to the first Dragon Quest. This is the first time I've played it since my original run on the NES. Fun game.

Breath of Fire-Never played it and was really enjoying it until...

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition-I can't believe they crammed the entire game onto a Switch cart with a minimal update. Insane.

XBox One

Nothing.

Because I don't own an Xbox One because I'M NOT A RACIST, 'KAY!?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Valkyria Chronicles 4, finished the main game, the last battle was kind of a let down, both of these games that I've played work best when the scenarios aren't scripted at all and you're just pitted against enemy forces and have to make do with what you've got. Also, using the tanks now only costs one command point which is imo stupid. The apc also breaks most missions since you can just upgrade it for maximum mobility and use special orders to make it virtually impervious to mortar/cannon fire, ride to the enemy base camp, ram the enemy soldiers if they're entrenched and machine gun them, bring out an anti-tank guy and take the base.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Switch
Heave Ho

This game is genius bordering insanity with multiplayer! I'm fresh into the expert stages and am taking a short break to regain my patience. ;)