J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Busy week with Johnny Maximum from Ohio here for White Castle’s get together

11/17/19
Switch
Tetris 99
KOF 2000

PS3
KOF MI 2 - Finally unlocked all of the characters, taking a break from this, I'll probably get the stages later
KOF XI - Unlocked everyone but Geese and the final boss

White Castle’s Get Together
Saturn
Dodonpachi

SNK Stuff
Snk v Capcom (MVS)
Snk V Capcom (Pocket)
Twinkle Star Sprites

Mega touch - Find the boobie differences on early 90s girls in bikinis

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Had a couple of days off so got some gaming in

PS4
Uncharted Drake's Fortune: didn't expect to power through this one within one day but it was a good one, not as good as 2 but it holds its own and reminds me of Naughty Dog's great writing

Star Wars the Force Awakens: quick game but a lot of fun to use Jedi powers on everyone. Playing as Vader in the prologue was awesome

PS1
Parasite Eve - great little game, still holds up well today

GBA
Shining Soul II - on the final boss, might end up grinding a bit more for it since he annihilated me many times.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Messed around with the NG Mini... this just makes me want a bartop. I don't hate it, but I'm definitely glad I didn't spend more than the fifty I paid for it. PS - No included hdmi cable=BS. It's not like they used the standard sized connector, so there'd be a high likelyhood I'd have an extra laying around. Dick. Move.

SNES

Super Metroid

Switch

LoZ LttP

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Messed around with the NG Mini... this just makes me want a bartop. I don't hate it, but I'm definitely glad I didn't spend more than the fifty I paid for it. PS - No included hdmi cable=BS. It's not like they used the standard sized connector, so there'd be a high likelyhood I'd have an extra laying around. Dick. Move.

I’m tempted by the $50 price for the genesis mini but I basically have everything I want on there on the genesis collections on ps4, I’m not a big Darius fan but I’d love to give the new one a try

11/24/19

Switch
Tetris 99
Kof 2000
Switch n Shoot - fun for $.65 or whatever it was it even has Tate mode

PS3
Power Instinct 2
Rival Schools 2

PS4
Nitroplus Blasterz
Psyvariar Delta

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sega Swing cabinet:
Space invaders ‘95
Had a Friendsgiving party this weekend...this was the breakout hit for young and old alike. The bonkers art direction/themed levels + galaga-esque bonus levels had everyone riled up.

Jambo Safari sit down-
This was tied for first place. Many of the parents in attendance had never played. People were hype on the concept and combination driving/‘fishing’/poke hybrid gameplay.

Neo 25:
Puzzle Bobble 2p had a line for it. Some kids dug on Zed Blade here and there, but Bub & Bob ruled the roost.

NAC:
Bubble Bobble
-see above

Living Room:
Cool Baby ko NES mini
-our of all 600 games, kunio soccer had people in stitches, and Contra was also popular

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Switch
Link's Awakening: The slowdown drives me nuts, but the game is a lot of fun and I love the visual style (except that the tilt shift effect is a little overbearing). I was playing it on my TV but switched (uhg) to handheld mode to reduce the slowdown and because my right joycon keeps fucking up if my palm blocks the IR sensor. Is that normal?

PS1
Parasite Eve - great little game, still holds up well today

One of my top PS1 games. And I'd say the best PS1 OST.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Link's Awakening: The slowdown drives me nuts, but the game is a lot of fun and I love the visual style (except that the tilt shift effect is a little overbearing). I was playing it on my TV but switched (uhg) to handheld mode to reduce the slowdown and because my right joycon keeps fucking up if my palm blocks the IR sensor. Is that normal?

One of my top PS1 games. And I'd say the best PS1 OST.
Soundtrack esa fantastic. Got into battles on purpose just to hear that battle theme.

Regarding your joycon issue, it's not common. You could try resetting the joycon, updating it, or recalibrating it

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Pretty odd coincidence, I thought of Parasite Eve for the first time in years last week and have been listening to the soundtrack since then.

It was one of those games that desperately made me want a PlayStation while I was stuck with an N64.

Crazy story too.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Soundtrack esa fantastic. Got into battles on purpose just to hear that battle theme.

Regarding your joycon issue, it's not common. You could try resetting the joycon, updating it, or recalibrating it

Thanks - I'll look into it in that case.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Neo 25:
Puzzle Bobble 2p had a line for it. Some kids dug on Zed Blade here and there, but Bub & Bob ruled the roost.

r

Man, I thought you shat on Zed Blade that time I posted it was on sale on the PS Store. BTW we should get a mini Rai Rai Ramen dinner together with some of the local lads between now and your February get together.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Man, I thought you shat on Zed Blade that time I posted it was on sale on the PS Store.

No way, José! Uncle Beard is invited to Thanksgiving!!

I love NMK.

I don’t care for horizontal shootie jawns, but I make an exception for Zed Blade, and DownLoad 2.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
No way, José! Uncle Beard is invited to Thanksgiving!!

I love NMK.

I don’t care for horizontal shootie jawns, but I make an exception for Zed Blade, and DownLoad 2.

I don’t know how you couldn’t prefer verts (calling out Gusmoney atm as I wait for In the Hunt to come out on PS4 this week)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
In the Hunt is ok also; however, it’s on the other side of my line in the sand (I sold the board to donger years ago-I’m happy enough to Pandora’s Box it).

I dunno how to put it. Some people like cheeseburgers. Some people don’t want a single condiment on they burger.

I just like vertical shooters better, and enough to have an abundance of them.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Moon Patrol - I'm trying to get back to as good as bitd. Collectorvision did a great port for Colecovision.

Popeye
Donkey Kong
DK jr

A lot of this and that old arcade games.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Moon Patrol - I'm trying to get back to as good as bitd. Collectorvision did a great port for Colecovision.

Popeye
Donkey Kong
DK jr

A lot of this and that old arcade games.

Speaking of flip grip and dk that’s a great combo on the switch.

You playing all on Coleco?

How about some Mr. Do!

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Speaking of flip grip and dk that’s a great combo on the switch.

You playing all on Coleco?

How about some Mr. Do!

Yep all on the Phoenix. A few Atari games too. Millipede is much better than I'd expected for a 2600. It's obviously boxy but it's fun.

Probably going to play some Resident Evil 1.5 as I've wondered about it for years. I know it's incomplete but catching a glimpse of what could have happened interests me.

Never looked for it but it was in a download for the PS mini.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I’m tempted by the $50 price for the genesis mini but I basically have everything I want on there on the genesis collections on ps4, I’m not a big Darius fan but I’d love to give the new one a try
Just so we're on the same page, my post you quoted, was about the Neo Geo mini, not the Genesis mini. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Genesis mini, if you can find it sub $50(the current asking price of $80 is too steep, owing to the fact that it comes with three button pads, not six)(still a wicked nice desk toy). The Neo Geo mini still doesn't feel like a good deal, even getting it at fifty bucks. I don't outright regret buying it, but I still don't think I could give it a thumbs up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Genesis mini is on sale for $50 at most of the usual places as an early Christmas sale. I'm temped myself but I was waiting for a solid hack.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The Genesis mini is on sale for $50 at most of the usual places as an early Christmas sale. I'm temped myself but I was waiting for a solid hack.

Exactly, I'm kind of mini'd out at the moment. I wish SNK would have gone the Sega/Nintendo route with an exclusive for the stick or the mini a la Darius Genesis Mini/ Star Fox 2, even if it was just Mark of the Wolves Special with some added characters like Real Bout Special Dominated Mind, I definitely would have picked up either the mini or stick without hesitation if that were the case

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
12/1/19

Switch
Tetris 99
Switch N Shoot

PS4 - Put a 2 tb ssd into my Pro
Million Arthur Arcana Blood
In the Hunt
Psyvaiar Delta

Steam
Umineko Golden Fantasia
Star Wars Battlegrounds
Mushihimesama

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - great game, I'm loving the shard system. It makes me want to try out all of the weapons and shards to see what I like and use the secret techniques

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Phoenix

Vanguard - really nice port. You can use the keypad to shoot in all directions or use the buttons. Finally made it to the end of the first run.

Mappy - plays fine but it's missing the bonus rounds and the graphics are subpar.

Watching a lot of videos so I've not been gaming as much.