Weekly Roundup

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Super Pang - I love the Pang games, especially the world theme that was so prevalent in the early 90s thanks to Street Fighter.

Sunset Riders - this holds up very well. I played as Cormano in tribute to Jedah Doma.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Super Pang - I love the Pang games, especially the world theme that was so prevalent in the early 90s thanks to Street Fighter.

Sunset Riders - this holds up very well. I played as Cormano in tribute to Jedah Doma.

Both excellent choices

The newest Pang Adventures is pretty faithful to the original ones if you haven’t tried that yet

Last edited:

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
GBA

Konami Arcade Advanced: Small amounts of Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Time Pilot, Gyruss, & Frogger

Sega NAOMI

Akatsuki Blitzkampf
Capcom Vs. SNK 1
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Taito Type X2

Samurai Spirits Sen: First time in 8+ years repeatedly running through 1P mode with a few different characters.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Slowly playing through Star Ocean first departure R on the switch. Still playing Samurai Shodown on PS4 from time to time . I have a file for Death Stranding, but i haven't touched it in two weeks

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Alien VS Predator - I was surprised how much fun I had with it, I thought it might not have held up to how I liked it as a kid. Sound effects were very crunchy, helped with the satisfaction of beating up aliens and zombie soldiers.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
12/29

Steam
Melty Blood AACC

Muchi Muchi Pork

PS4
Dragon ball fighterz - Very late to the party but I got one for a friend, and with the $20 price tag and downloadable characters for sale till the middle of January I figured why not. Haven’t played more than arcade mode so far and it’s insane but I’m figuring it out and like it so far.

Switch
Burgertime Party - Since I’ve been off I’ve run through this since I got it, it’s true to the og, I haven’t played it in a while but I think it reminds me of the gb version somewhat. Could be wrong but being a Japanese developed game I don’t see a Japanese physical version. I enjoyed it a lot but I actually think the PS3/360 version is better.

Tetris 99 - I think this is probably my most played game ever or it’s getting close, it’s just so easy to pick up and play

Genesis Mini
Got a Genny mini for Christmas, I had some fun with it but I honestly don’t see me using it a ton. Ran through SF Champion Edition, had some fun with Mickey Mouse, Strider, Sonic, and Thunderforce 3 (Such a great game). I played Tetris, but it’s so barebones compared to Tetris 99 I shut it off very quickly.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Slow week this week due to traveling for the holidays.

Spec Ops the Line - ended up beating this on Christmas Eve. Solid title, but the controls just felt terrible.

PS1
Grandia - about 10 hours in and about to explore the Dom Ruins

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV - this game is fantastic. Warmed up to me after a while, and the demon fusion mechanic can be addictive. My only wish is that the map had location names so that people not familiar with Tokyo (like me) knew wtf was going on.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Smitch
Link's Awakening - On the 8th dungeon

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Switch:
Virtua
Racing

Holy smokes, better than arcade perfect, 8p local vs, Virt Mc Polygon is back!!!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch:
Virtua
Racing

Holy smokes, better than arcade perfect, 8p local vs, Virt Mc Polygon is back!!!

Yeah it’s great, I feel the same way about Daytona USA on the PS3/Xbox 360 better than the arcade. Here’s hoping Sega announces some new ones (Super GT and Daytona 2 get my vote) in 2020

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

I have all the later games too but I like the Gamecube one the best.

It's missing some nice features that were introduced later but I prefer the acre system vs the scrolling world, and having all those NES games you can play from within your house is pretty cool. It's also nice that all you need is an extra memory card to travel to other towns; with the servers shut down, to accomplish that in the DS version you'd need another console and another copy of the game. I'm not even sure if multiplayer is still possible on Wii.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Now that Project Lunar for the Sega Mini has been released, I've added a ton of shooters, Splatterhouse 2 and 3, a long with a bunch of others I'll play. You can add like a hundred games to the internal memory.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
1/5

Switch
Tetris 99
Burgertime Party
Real Bout Special

PS4
Dragonball FighterZ - My main go to this week, played some vs with a friend over his house yesterday

Steam
DoDonPachi Resurrection

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Gears of War - playing through this for the achievements.

PS1
Grandia - finished the Dom Ruins and I found a wild kid

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV - found Shinjuku, finishing some quests up

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Wii
- resident evil the umbrella chronicles
Switch
- resident evil 6

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Smitch
Link's Awakening - Beat the final dungeon before waking the wind fish. I'm doing some sidequest stuff before doing so.
Tetris 99
Overcooked 2 - Fun time-sensitive co-op

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Witcher 3 GotY

Got this for Christmas, never played any of the earlier games, nor read the book. Open world RPG starring Solid Snake's mutant swords & sorcery brother, only game I can compare this to is Skyrim, and I have to say this does the open world thing a lot better, also technically great, very little loading and doesn't stutter at least so that I'd notice.

The plot is interesting and varied enough, although with some tacked-on current year stuff that's pretty cringe and doesn't really fit the whole 1500s Europe world at all. I mean the "I respect your choice as a wymyn", "Scared of racing against a girl" etc... stuff.

3/5 so far.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Witcher 3 GotY

Got this for Christmas, never played any of the earlier games, nor read the book. Open world RPG starring Solid Snake's mutant swords & sorcery brother, only game I can compare this to is Skyrim, and I have to say this does the open world thing a lot better, also technically great, very little loading and doesn't stutter at least so that I'd notice.

The plot is interesting and varied enough, although with some tacked-on current year stuff that's pretty cringe and doesn't really fit the whole 1500s Europe world at all; I mean the "I respect your choice as a wymyn", "Scared of racing against a girl" etc... stuff.

3/5 so far.

You check out the Netflix show yet? I’ve never played the game but am curious how true the show is to the books/game

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Overcooked 2 is the truth. Mario Kart 8, Pokken, Smash Bros...totally late to the Switch partay; however, Santa fixed that.

Kids (and wife) are hella into it.

1, 2-Switch is super fun.

I couldn’t be happier w/ Virtua Racing. Really hope SCUD Race, Indy 500, Sega F1, et al (the non ported arcade racers) make it over via M2.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS1

Grandia - got through the Dom Ruins and found some random wild kid

Gears of War - quick run through

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV - exploring Shibuya